Windows 10: Cortanna search going crazy

Discus and support Cortanna search going crazy in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I search for something with Cortana I get results that include my Thunderbird email how do I stop that 46150 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sml156, Apr 3, 2016.

1. sml156 Win User

Cortanna search going crazy

Whenever I search for something with Cortana I get results that include my Thunderbird email how do I stop that

:)

sml156, Apr 3, 2016

2. cortanna wont connect tothe entenet to open her settings, but she keeps opening browser searches

<Original title: cortanna>

cortanna wont connect tothe entenet to open her settings, but she keeps opening browser searches

LordZaimion, Apr 3, 2016
  3. Cortanna help

when i click on the search it does not come up i can only search if i click start menu and then i can type and if i click settings nothing happens and cortanna does not work also in event viewer i have loads of errors about searchul and cortanna any fixes

daz99999999, Apr 3, 2016
  4. t8769 Win User

Yeah - I have the same problem. Search is the no.1 problem I have with Win10.
    Let me know if you find a way to sort it out please.

t8769, Apr 3, 2016
  5. Alphamale Win User
    I get all kinds of wierd stuff when I use Cortanna

Alphamale, Apr 3, 2016
  6. t8769 Win User
    I think the Microsoft engineers were doing some heavy drugs when designing the Search feature, as it is rather crazy.

The one thing that lets Win10 down, for me.

t8769, Apr 3, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Just a suggestion :
    Do a system file check to look for corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any found.
    Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

Please post back the result.

davidhk, Apr 3, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Hi, I'm curious- what items related to Thunderbird are found? Emails aren't saved as individual files by Thunderbird.. so what exactly are you seeing? (I use Thunderbird too).

Could you post a screenshot showing an example of your search and the result? Thanks!
    If you're talking about My Stuff, that relies on what's indexed - Windows Search.

dalchina, Apr 3, 2016
  9. t8769 Win User
    Thanks for your reply.

I've had this problem with 3 PCs running 10, so I don't think its a corruption problem.

It seems better in Cortina, without this, using Win10 search, I just got endless email search results. And when I try to search in Documents it brings them up.

Here is a screen shot. thanks

t8769, Apr 3, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    mm, so do you have any .eml files in Documents.. or if not, what files do you have there related to Thunderbird?

Clearly you can search (explorer search or manual using explorer) Documents for those files...

Your Thunderbird profile should be elsewhere unless you've moved it, and I'm pretty sure even if it was in Documents, you wouldn't find what you are finding.
    Profiles TB | Thunderbird Help

Do you recognise the emails- presumably they are ones you sent or received?

dalchina, Apr 3, 2016
  11. t8769 Win User
    Hello

Yes, the Thunderbird files come up as .eml .

Perhaps I need to move Thunderbird out of Documents.

Yes, they're my emails but its a real pain, because every time I search, they come up and I really don't need them.

I'll try a move and see what happens thanks....!

t8769, Apr 4, 2016
  12. dalchina New Member
    Unexpected- I woudn't have thought Windows search could pick them out of a Tbird profile.
    Note that Cortana's My Stuff search is dependent on what's indexed by Windows search.

Ok, good guess if that's where you put your profile.

My recommendation:
    If you have 2 disks in your laptop, or a partition separate from your OS, put your profile on a disk/partition that is not C:
    Why? If you have a major OS problem, your data is somewhere else. Highly recommended as a general strategy.

You can relocate folders such as Documents, Videos, and this is said not to be a problem when upgrading or repairing your OS, but I find my installed programs fill these with their own folders. So I never use them for my personal files and folders, which are not on C:.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cortanna search going crazy - Similar Threads - Cortanna search going

2. BSOD Going crazy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Going crazy: I have done everything I can find on the subject of BSOD multiple errors, random.RAM - OKDrives - OKDrivers - UpdatedChipset - Updated to currentMemory dmp - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjQkdFsggUhD0h6v3uX4mF19jcvs?e=JnSStw includes MTBRunning:AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60...
  3. BSOD Going crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Going crazy: I have done everything I can find on the subject of BSOD multiple errors, random.RAM - OKDrives - OKDrivers - UpdatedChipset - Updated to currentMemory dmp - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjQkdFsggUhD0h6v3uX4mF19jcvs?e=JnSStw includes MTBRunning:AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60...
  4. screen going crazy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen going crazy: first what looks like bubbles appear across the top of my screen, second my mouse disappears, third screen will zoom in and out, random dropdown menus will appear or random windows will open and close, finally I have to power off and back on to regain control....
  5. Fan going crazy . . .

in Windows 10 Support
    Fan going crazy . . .: Hi: My ASUS laptop fan has gone crazy lately. It runs wide open for a half a minute or more then shuts down to an idle, then goes up full blast again after a half a minute or so. It never ramps up or down, it's either idling or wide open. A complete restart doesn't help....
  6. Mouse is going crazy.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mouse is going crazy.: My doesn't click with certain programs. I can play my game fine, but I can't use my calculator or navigate my settings with it. It highlights what I'm pointing to, but it won't click....
  7. 365 going crazy

in Microsoft Office and 365
    365 going crazy: Recently, I have been unable to access my files without "signing in." When I click on "Sign in" I get a box asking me to insert my phone # or email. I am intermittently unable to type in the space provided. Should I chance to hit it just right, I then get a message that I...
  8. Cortanna

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortanna: When setting up Cortana it asked for a Microsoft account. We hastily provided an account, but now want to change the Microsoft account affiliated with this installation of Cortana for this user on my new iPhone max XS.. Under the "About Me" section of the notebook, we can...
  9. SCVHOST GOING CRAZY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SCVHOST GOING CRAZY: Please help me, I really hate scvhost it makes my gaming experience become lag it consumes a lot of internet connection and consume more priority than my dota2. some people say its windows update, but ive downloaded all of the update, please help me to permanently kill...
  10. Cursor is going crazy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor is going crazy: My cursor is flying all over the screen and there is a ghost cicle on the edge that is pulsing. When i have shut fown its okay gor a little bit the starts up again...