Windows 10: Could Avast Free Be Cause of Network share issues

Discus and support Could Avast Free Be Cause of Network share issues in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi All Wanted to send some files down from upstairs PC to backup folder on external drive, so briefly shared the folder, go upstairs, and other PC... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AMDMan2016, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Could Avast Free Be Cause of Network share issues

Hi All

Wanted to send some files down from upstairs PC to backup folder on external drive, so briefly shared the folder, go upstairs, and other PC doesn't even see this one, (All Running Same Avast Version 18.1.2326) Eventually just took a flash drive up, and grabbed the files, and did it old fashioned way)

I'm thinking Internet Router issue or something with our protection software, was gonna try to wait til Redstone 4 officially released, and then do a clean install on all systems, then decide for myself if i wanna keep Avast still or not

:)

AMDMan2016, Feb 17, 2018
  2. PJF_72 Win User

I'm having a pure nightmare with Windows 10 right now.

Have you tried uninstalling Avast using the Avast uninstall tool (http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear.exe) and then attempt to reinstall from Avast's website?

A lot of times, it's something in the AV program that causes issues. There could be some remnants of Avast that are either not compatible with Windows 10 or are residual that are causing the problem.

PJF_72, Feb 17, 2018
  3. Start menu and taskbar freeze

EUREKA!!!

It was Avast causing the problem!

Pls. share it!!! Could Avast Free Be Cause of Network share issues :)

Massimiliano Mottola, Feb 17, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

Could Avast Free Be Cause of Network share issues

Avast has know issues often it will cut the internet

Samuria, Feb 17, 2018
Thema:

Could Avast Free Be Cause of Network share issues

1. Could Avast Free Be Cause of Network share issues - Similar Threads - Avast Free Cause

2. Network Sharing Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Sharing Issue: I could access \\OtherUserPcName and enter their PC to view his shared file/folder, but others could not access \\MyPcName to view my shared folder. I have checked all the necessary options in network sharing setting, and my connection is set to private.Are there any settings...
  3. Network Sharing Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Sharing Issue: I could access \\OtherUserPcName and enter their PC to view his shared file/folder, but others could not access \\MyPcName to view my shared folder. I have checked all the necessary options in network sharing setting, and my connection is set to private.Are there any settings...
  4. Network Share Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Share Issues: Hi, I've 2 PC's, called Desktop and Server from here on a home network. Desktop is an old homebuilt PC that started on Windows 7 and upgrade. It has a local account and an outlook account on it. However, everything is setup on the local account so that's my main account....
  5. Network Sharing Issues

Network Sharing Issues: Just recently bought a new desktop computer with Windows 10 and I'm trying to connect through a network to my Windows 7 desktop computer but unable to. However, I'm able to connect the network from Windows 7 to Windows 10 no problems. I watched about 30 different You Tube...
  6. Network Sharing Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Sharing Issues: Hi All Recently purchased a new laptop with windows 10. Attempting to share files mainly on the VLC app on an amazon firestick. Devices can see my laptop but are unable to log in. Im not being prompted for a password. Once i select the pc and navigate to it it just sits on a...
  7. Network sharing issues

Network sharing issues: I am having issues with opening a Microsoft access database through the network sharing system. The access database Is shared between 3 other desktop computers from my main computer which the database is downloaded on. The database works fine on the main desktop because it...
  8. Network Share Issue

Network Share Issue: Hi I posted here before about a network share issue I am having. Here's the story so far About two weeks ago I could share over my network via SMB,then that weekend there was an update to windows defender on saturday night,since then I haven't being able to share smb on...
  9. Network share issue

Network share issue: Hi, I posted on the kodi support forum but to no avail,unfortunately I cannot access my destktop share from my android tv downstairs,I am using kodi media server to stream but it will not connect to my network. On my router I can see the TV IP MAC etc,and I can ping it...
  10. Avast and SyncBack Free

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avast and SyncBack Free: Upgraded to Windows 10 on all of my systems (desktop, laptop, tablet) and have been using Avast Free as my antivirus software. No problem until today (9/16/2015) when Avast reported SyncBack Free as Malware and moved it to quarantine. Downloaded most recent version from...