Windows 10: Could I install Windows 10 S on an old Surface Pro 3 as a second device?

Discus and support Could I install Windows 10 S on an old Surface Pro 3 as a second device? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an old Surface Pro 3 (i5, 4gb ram, 128gb storage). Would like to use as a general purpose device and wondered if I could install Windows 10 S... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by limerigger, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Could I install Windows 10 S on an old Surface Pro 3 as a second device?

I have an old Surface Pro 3 (i5, 4gb ram, 128gb storage). Would like to use as a general purpose device and wondered if I could install Windows 10 S instead of full Windows 10.

Only be using it for browsing, streaming video, email and the odd office stuff.

Thanks

limerigger

:)

limerigger, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Trejjy Win User

Windows 10 - Surface Pro 3 - "We couldn't find wireless devices on this PC."

Hello all,

I have just completed an update to my Surface Pro 3 to Windows 10. All went good except the device can no longer find the wireless device on the PC. I can't pickup any Wi-Fi network, and I cant pick up any bluetooth devices such as my bluetooth mouse.

I have tried the steps listed below with no luck:

Step 1:
    Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and tap or click Settings, tap or click Power, and then tap or clickShut down.

Step 2:
    After your Surface turns off, press and hold the volume-up button and the power button at the same time for at least 15 seconds, and then release both. The screen may flash the Surface logo, but continue holding the buttons down for at least 15 seconds.

Step 3:
    After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds.

Step 4:

Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on.

Are there any other avenues I should be looking at for resolution?

Thanks

Trej

Trejjy, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    New Surface Pro 3 Firmware Updates - August 24, 2017

Source: Microsoft Surface Pro 3 update history | Surface firmware updates

See also: Updates for Surface Pro 3 (24 Aug 2017) Surface

Surface Pro 3 firmware and driver package download link: Download Surface Pro 3 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Brink, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Could I install Windows 10 S on an old Surface Pro 3 as a second device?

New Surface Pro 3 Firmware Update 38.12.70.0

Source:

Brink, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Could I install Windows 10 S on an old Surface Pro 3 as a second device?

1. Could I install Windows 10 S on an old Surface Pro 3 as a second device? - Similar Threads - install old Surface

2. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  3. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  4. Surface Pro 3 Drivers - Device Not Migrated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 3 Drivers - Device Not Migrated: Hello, Recently the screen of my Surface Pro 3 has been experiencing phantom touches. I tried almost everything, including uninstalling the "HID-compliant touch screen". When I restarted the PC, the phantom touches are still unresolved, and now the driver has a "Device not...
  5. I have a surface 3 pro

I have a surface 3 pro: I wiped the hard drive the typecover keyboard only lights up when I have almost no Ipower in the battery,as soon as I try to recharge the battery it goes black. I cannot remember the password,I have even tried the password for other things.I am beginning to think I am...
  6. Surface Pro 3

Surface Pro 3: Hi The Surface Pro tablets are brilliant and I have most probably been responsible to recommending many of them to friends following buy a Surface Pro 3 when they were released. Since a firmware update in recent times I have no issues and since then my keyboard if left...
  7. Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pro 3: Is there a app to turn my Surface Pro into a phone? Moved from: Surface / Surface Pro 3 / Install, update, and repair https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/surface-pro-3/3595d5eb-eefd-4427-81a5-68fc539fdff9
  8. surface pro 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro 3: lost admin rights on pc and surface pro3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/surface-pro-3/1fa4e483-afcb-4eec-9f85-15b3b50f064f
  9. Windows 10 on Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on Surface Pro 3: Just upgraded my Surface Pro 3 to Windows 10. Now I have no network connections. The wireless drivers and the docking station drivers are all there. I have tried uninstall and reinstall the drivers for both Marvell and Surface ethernet adapter and still nothing....
  10. Windows 10 will come pre-installed on Surface 3 and Pro 3 'soon'

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 will come pre-installed on Surface 3 and Pro 3 'soon': Yesterday, a Microsoft executive indicated that it would not be possible to buy new PCs with Windows 10 pre-installed on July 29, when the OS launches, but said that they would arrive "very soon after" that date. However, the company has since backtracked on that, clarifying...