Could I install Windows 10 S on an old Surface Pro 3 as a second device?

Discus and support Could I install Windows 10 S on an old Surface Pro 3 as a second device? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an old Surface Pro 3 (i5, 4gb ram, 128gb storage). Would like to use as a general purpose device and wondered if I could install Windows 10 S... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by limerigger, Jul 12, 2018.

1. limerigger Win User

I have an old Surface Pro 3 (i5, 4gb ram, 128gb storage). Would like to use as a general purpose device and wondered if I could install Windows 10 S instead of full Windows 10.

Only be using it for browsing, streaming video, email and the odd office stuff.

Thanks

limerigger

:)

limerigger, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Trejjy Win User

Windows 10 - Surface Pro 3 - "We couldn't find wireless devices on this PC."

Hello all,

I have just completed an update to my Surface Pro 3 to Windows 10. All went good except the device can no longer find the wireless device on the PC. I can't pickup any Wi-Fi network, and I cant pick up any bluetooth devices such as my bluetooth mouse.

I have tried the steps listed below with no luck:

Step 1:
    Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and tap or click Settings, tap or click Power, and then tap or clickShut down.

Step 2:
    After your Surface turns off, press and hold the volume-up button and the power button at the same time for at least 15 seconds, and then release both. The screen may flash the Surface logo, but continue holding the buttons down for at least 15 seconds.

Step 3:
    After you release the buttons, wait 10 seconds.

Step 4:

Press and release the power button to turn your Surface back on.

Are there any other avenues I should be looking at for resolution?

Thanks

Trej

Trejjy, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    New Surface Pro 3 Firmware Updates - August 24, 2017

Source: Microsoft Surface Pro 3 update history | Surface firmware updates

See also: Updates for Surface Pro 3 (24 Aug 2017) Surface

Surface Pro 3 firmware and driver package download link: Download Surface Pro 3 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Brink, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

New Surface Pro 3 Firmware Update 38.12.70.0

Source:

Brink, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Could I install Windows 10 S on an old Surface Pro 3 as a second device? - Similar Threads - install old Surface

2. How to fresh install Win10 while old system is still bootable?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fresh install Win10 while old system is still bootable?: Hi all, I found it hard to figure out a descriptive title for my question. Sorry about that. The issue Getting lots of Code: "Event 4101, Display issues. Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered."[/quote] Nothing I have done has solved this...
  3. Disk Cleanup says it can remove 44GB of old windows installations

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup says it can remove 44GB of old windows installations: Hey I decided today to cleanup my C:/ drive a bit, and I saw that I have a windows.old file. Its size is 4.52GB on disk. When I started Disk Cleanup, it said I can 44.6GB worth of old windows installations. does not seem right at all since windows.old is at 4.52GB only. Is...
  4. Disk Cleanup cant remove 44GB of old windows installations

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Cleanup cant remove 44GB of old windows installations: Hey I decided today to cleanup my C:/ drive a bit, and I saw that I have a windows.old file. Its size is 4.52GB on disk. When I started Disk Cleanup, it said I can 44.6GB worth of old windows installations. does not seem right at all since windows.old is at 4.52GB only. Is...
  5. Why is Windows Update trying to install old drivers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why is Windows Update trying to install old drivers: Try to update to latest preview build This is my Speccy http://speccy.piriform.com/results/f...Qi6knSMHGaVIez Bluetooth is same as installed Realtek Audio and Intel Video seem older 111298
  6. Why is Windows Update itrying to install old drivers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why is Windows Update itrying to install old drivers: Try to update to latest preview build This is my Speccy http://speccy.piriform.com/results/f...Qi6knSMHGaVIez Bluetooth is same as installed Realtek Audio and Intel Video seem older 111298
  7. Installing VirtualBox on an old computer. Will it protect me?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installing VirtualBox on an old computer. Will it protect me?: Hey guys, I have another question I hope you can answer about safe networking. I have another old computer that I don't use (Windows XP). Can I install VirtualBox (or Sandboxie) on it and use it when I need to access sites that aren't exactly safe. For example, if I wanted...
  8. Unable to install Windows on old machine

Unable to install Windows on old machine: I have been asked to look at my nephew's old PC. He is 15 and did the silly thing of using a paperclip inside the machine. I am still not sure exactly what he was doing but it made it go pop. They had to replace the CPU and motherboard. The motherboard is an old Asus...
  9. Dual boot with refined? New help from an old install.

Dual boot with refined? New help from an old install.: Way before windows 10, I was running windows 8.1 and wanted to try Ubuntu. I didn't want to mess up my windows so I searched for dual boot. I believe I ran across this Install Ubuntu 14.04 alongside Windows 8.1 in 10 easy steps and followed it to the "T" but I do recall...
  10. Clean Install on 1-month old Surface Laptop

Clean Install on 1-month old Surface Laptop: Another one-month new issue [img] Santa gave me a new i7 Surface Laptop that I immediately upgraded to W10 Pro. Well, I seem to have a weekly BSD, and many suggestions online say to try a clean OS install. I do nothing on this machine that my lower spec'd Lenovo and MBP...