Windows 10: Could I use Win 10 ISO image on a USB to do re-clean install of the OS

Discus and support Could I use Win 10 ISO image on a USB to do re-clean install of the OS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I upgraded to window 10 pro OS during the period when it was available to upgrade free of charge. Mine prior to the upgrade was running on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cabbage, Mar 18, 2017.

1. cabbage Win User

Could I use Win 10 ISO image on a USB to do re-clean install of the OS

Hello,
    I upgraded to window 10 pro OS during the period when it was available to upgrade free of charge.

Mine prior to the upgrade was running on Win 7 Pro (Retail Version). I do have my retail copy of the Win 7 Pro disc as well as the COA number.

If I want to do a clean reinstall of my present Win 10 pro OS, Do I first have to install my Win 7 Pro and then have to upgrade from MS official site to Win 10 Pro OR
    Can I download Win 10 Pro ISO image to a USB key and do a straight clean install of the OS?
    If so what product key number I will have to put in afterwards to activate my OS?

Mine a Dell computer-Desktop Dimension 9200

Thanking you for your guidance.

:)

cabbage, Mar 18, 2017

2. windows 7 0EM key is not recognized when activating win 10

Did you use the ISO to clean install or update using windows update? If you used windows update it should not be asking for a key, if you clean installed you will need to re-install the previous OS or buy a win 10 key.

Win 10 is a free upgrade that needs to check the previous OS. If it is asking for a key after the install when trying to activate it could not find one

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 18, 2017
  3. WIN 10 Pro and ISO Image

Hi.

Providing we have a previously legit OS like Win 7 / 7 Pro and 8* why cant we download just a ISO ( Image File ) of Win 10 Pro to the Desktop or USB to then burn to a BOOTABLE DVD ???

As we could still prove that our previous OS is legit via the Product ID and the Product Key ???

This would be nice as a CLEAN INSTALL ALTERNATIVE opposed to having to reserve a Win 10 UPGRADE.

Frank N St31n, Mar 18, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Clean Install Windows 10

Once your PC has Win 10 on it you can reinstall Win 10 when you like. You can even change hardware.
    No product number is needed activation should be automatic.

dalchina, Mar 18, 2017
  5. cabbage Win User
    Thank you very much for the information and the link on the subject.
    Very greatly appreciated. ( Good to learn that once I have Win 10 up and running-which is the case with me) I do not need activation code,
    Regards

cabbage, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Could I use Win 10 ISO image on a USB to do re-clean install of the OS - Similar Threads - ISO image USB

2. CANT CLEAN INSTALL WIN AFTER CORRECT DISKPART CLEANING!!!! USB ISO WRONG OR ELSE??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CANT CLEAN INSTALL WIN AFTER CORRECT DISKPART CLEANING!!!! USB ISO WRONG OR ELSE??: After diskpart cleaning of the disk 0 only one, which was succesfull, tried to clean install of windows 10 from usb iso made by Rufus, but cannot format or delete "ghost "partitions 0 1 and 0 2 visible in instalation proces, though it was all cleaned from comand prompt. Keep...
  3. CANT CLEAN INSTALL WIN AFTER CORRECT DISKPART CLEANING!!!! USB ISO WRONG OR ELSE??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CANT CLEAN INSTALL WIN AFTER CORRECT DISKPART CLEANING!!!! USB ISO WRONG OR ELSE??: After diskpart cleaning of the disk 0 only one, which was succesfull, tried to clean install of windows 10 from usb iso made by Rufus, but cannot format or delete "ghost "partitions 0 1 and 0 2 visible in instalation proces, though it was all cleaned from comand prompt. Keep...
  4. CANT CLEAN INSTALL WIN AFTER CORRECT DISKPART CLEANING!!!! USB ISO WRONG OR ELSE??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CANT CLEAN INSTALL WIN AFTER CORRECT DISKPART CLEANING!!!! USB ISO WRONG OR ELSE??: After diskpart cleaning of the disk 0 only one, which was succesfull, tried to clean install of windows 10 from usb iso made by Rufus, but cannot format or delete partitions 0 and 1, though it was all cleaned from comand prompt. Keep getting error number...Think something...
  5. Clean install Win 10 with USB

Clean install Win 10 with USB: I have Win 10 64 bit downloaded onto a USB flash drive in order to do a clean install on my SSD drive...is installing it through BIOS any advantage than simply going through system recovery and using this method (remove everything install through USB) which method is better...
  6. Clean instal Win 10 with USB

Clean instal Win 10 with USB: I have Win 10 64 bit downloaded onto a USB flash drive in order to do a clean install on my SSD drive...is installing it through BIOS any advantage than simply going through system recovery and using this method (remove everything install through USB) which method is better...
  7. win 10 Re-install [clean]

win 10 Re-install [clean]: How do I save settings for a re-install? ie; configurations of control panel, "settings", etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-re-install-clean/b0b98f9f-0ed7-493f-9f38-7838cb5343d9
  8. Win 10 ISO image to USB on Chrome BookOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 ISO image to USB on Chrome BookOS: Hi gang, I'm trying to create a bootable Win 10 image on a USB to fix my Toshiba Satellite A505. The problem is the only computer I have to do that is a Acer Chrome Book and downloading the image doesn't work. Does anybody know a way to correct this or complete this?...
  9. How Do I Install Win 8.1 ISO Through USB?

How Do I Install Win 8.1 ISO Through USB?: I need to download win 8.1 from the microsoft site as an ISO and install it on my PC through a USB pen drive. But after I download it, do I just transfer the ISO directly to my USB? Or do I need Rufus to create a bootable USB? 57476
  10. Impossible to clean install win 10 from usb or Iso on formatted drive

Impossible to clean install win 10 from usb or Iso on formatted drive: Hello tenforums *Wink Im new on the forum, al though i have been reading articles or forum topics here a couple of time. Now, reading is not enough, and i would apreciate some help or suggestions about issues Im having with win 10 on my acer aspire laptop. over the past...