Windows 10: could not find the recovery environement

Discus and support could not find the recovery environement in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What does it mean when I'm trying to reset my computer and it says "could not find the recovery environement" and what can I do to allow me to reset my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by chrisberlin1, Jul 29, 2018.

1. could not find the recovery environement

What does it mean when I'm trying to reset my computer and it says "could not find the recovery environement" and what can I do to allow me to reset my computer. I'm super confused, help would be appreciated.

:)

chrisberlin1, Jul 29, 2018

2. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jul 29, 2018
  3. stonebato Win User
    Can't find recovery environment windows 10

Hi guys, good day. I need your help regarding with reseting my laptop. I clone my OS from hdd to ssd using easeUS. after cloning I formatted my hdd since I'm confident that everything is ok. now I can't reset my laptop because of this error. I had tried these steps below but it's not working.
    diskpart
    select disk 0
    list partition
    select partition
    set id

your help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
    could not find the recovery environement [​IMG]

stonebato, Jul 29, 2018
  4. could not find the recovery environement

Windows Recovery Environment

Hi

How do you boot using a USB drive and enter the Windows Recovery Environment? I was told that there could be an error in my "partition" and maybe be necessary to do "REPAIR THIS COMPUTER" option.

Im running windows 10 1607 home 14393.2068. My bootable USB drive has w10 1709 version. would that work?

Can anyone give step by step instructions?

1. if I manage to get into WRE, can I exit? and boot normally afterwards?

beerus_king, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

could not find the recovery environement

1. could not find the recovery environement - Similar Threads - find recovery environement

2. could not find the recovery environment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    could not find the recovery environment: exact error im getting ^I've done everything a previous forum post had done and nothing has worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-reset-windows-10-could-not-find-recovery/58cc7a57-ec3d-432b-b3a8-619b73805f1a said forum post and i have a 64gb brand...
  3. could not find the recovery environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    could not find the recovery environment: exact error im getting ^I've done everything a previous forum post had done and nothing has worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-reset-windows-10-could-not-find-recovery/58cc7a57-ec3d-432b-b3a8-619b73805f1a said forum post and i have a 64gb brand...
  4. could not find the recovery environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Could not find the recovery environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could not find the recovery environment: Could not find the recovery environment corporate application IT doesn't know what to do please provide instruction https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-not-find-the-recovery-environment/4ef99641-7954-4910-862d-f2e225083209
  6. Could not find the recovery environment

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Could not find the recovery environment: Could not find the recovery environment corporate application IT doesn't know what to do please provide instruction https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-not-find-the-recovery-environment/4ef99641-7954-4910-862d-f2e225083209
  7. Could not find the recovery environment

Could not find the recovery environment: Hi, I've been wanting to reset my laptop for a while now and the other day I tried to do it, but when I clicked reset this PC Windows said that it could not find the recovery environment. I tried to enable it but that didn't work and when I go to System32/Recovery/ only...
  8. Could not find the recovery environment

Could not find the recovery environment: I can't reset my computer - it says "Could not find the recovery environment" even though it was always there and still is. Any suggestions would be appreciated....
  9. "Could not find the recovery environment."

"Could not find the recovery environment.": I'm trying to reset my pc and it keeps giving me this message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-not-find-the-recovery-environment/7fb25aa2-515e-4e2c-a144-ae79645eba9d
  10. Could not find recovery environment

Could not find recovery environment: Hello I had moved windows from HDD to an SSD using a third party program and lost the windows recovery environment and now i trying to gain access by making a recovery media. i have asus laptop and i need to make recovery but i need asus package ?? how can make it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. could not find the recovery environment