Windows 10: Could not online selected volume

Discus and support Could not online selected volume in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having the same problem and it doesn't go away even when I change os from win 10 to 8.1 .... I encountered this issue when my pc crashed and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by saiteja1423, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Could not online selected volume

I am having the same problem and it doesn't go away even when I change os from win 10 to 8.1 ....
    I encountered this issue when my pc crashed and a BSOD showed up saying unmountable harddisk I had to reformat the harddisk which didn't help and when it finally booted I had stuck with this 100 % disk usage ...no programmes using more than 0.1 mb of harddisk and yet 100% usage ....disk monitor didn't show any apps using it till that high plus i tried al, the fixes on internet like disabling winsearch, superfetch and BITS BUT NO SOLUTION.....at last I wanted to reformatt it again and now it says the selected harrdisk space cant be used .., the volume is offline , I tried diskpart but it returns the error could not online the selected volume......haven't found any solution yet .....can anyone help....I use an i5 ,8gb ram,1tb hdd,

:)

saiteja1423, Oct 16, 2016
  2. Alexior Win User

Chkdsk /f gave "cannot lock current drive" "windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected"

You change the value of the "read-only" attribute for the disk. You can do this using the 'diskpart' utility. You'll need to burrow down to the right disk/volume. Here's how:

Start a cmd window (with a right-click on the icon then "Run as administrator")

> diskpart

DISKPART> list disk

Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt

-------- ------------- ------- ------- --- ---

Disk 0 Online 1863 GB 1024 KB

Disk 1 Online 931 GB 0 B

Disk 2 Online 931 GB 0 B

Disk 3 No Media 0 B 0 B

Disk 4 No Media 0 B 0 B

DISKPART> select disk 0

Disk 0 is now the selected disk.

DISKPART> detail disk

[...]

Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info

---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- --------

Volume 1 M RAW Partition 1863 GB Healthy

DISKPART> select volume 1

Volume 1 is the selected volume.

DISKPART> detail volume

* Disk 0 Online 1863 GB 1024 KB

Read-only : Yes

Hidden : No

No Default Drive Letter: No

Shadow Copy : No

Offline : No

BitLocker Encrypted : No

Installable : Yes

Volume Capacity : 1863 GB

Volume Free Space : 1863 GB

DISKPART> attributes volume clear readonly

Volume attributes cleared successfully.

DISKPART> attributes volume

Read-only : No

Hidden : No

No Default Drive Letter: No

Shadow Copy : No

DISKPART>

Alexior, Oct 16, 2016
  3. Kyle9614 Win User
    Lost 1.6TB partition after upgrade

The screenshot shows the partition as unallocated. Sorry for the poor SS.

Here is the commands you asked for:

Microsoft DiskPart version 10.0.10240
    Copyright (C) 1999-2013 Microsoft Corporation.

On computer: HOME-PC
    DISKPART> list disk

Disk 0 Online 3726 GB 2048 KB

Disk 1 Online 465 GB 1024 KB
    DISKPART> select volume n
    The volume you selected is not valid or does not exist.
    There is no volume selected.
    DISKPART> select volume 0
    Volume 0 is the selected volume.
    DISKPART> list partition
    There is no disk selected to list partitions.

Select a disk and try again.
    DISKPART> select disk 0
    Disk 0 is now the selected disk.
    DISKPART> list partition
    Partition ### Type Size Offset

------------- ---------------- ------- -------

Partition 1 Primary 100 MB 1024 KB

Partition 2 Primary 2047 GB 101 MB

Partition 3 Recovery 450 MB 2047 GB
    DISKPART>

Kyle9614, Oct 16, 2016
Thema:

Could not online selected volume

1. Could not online selected volume - Similar Threads - online selected volume

2. Input volume is low. Could not record.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input volume is low. Could not record.: Input volume is low. Could not record. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/input-volume-is-low-could-not-record/2ec92c0f-6057-4067-98eb-e3ce8efa3567
  3. Input volume is low. Could not record.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Input volume is low. Could not record.: Input volume is low. Could not record. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/input-volume-is-low-could-not-record/2ec92c0f-6057-4067-98eb-e3ce8efa3567
  4. Volume selection in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume selection in Windows 10: A window appears in front of me to choose between Volume 2 or 3. There is also another option, and I do not know what that means https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-selection-in-windows-10/ecbc4906-52ec-4974-a9bf-00691bcba183
  5. Volume selection in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume selection in Windows 10: A window appears in front of me to choose between Volume 2 or 3. There is also another option, and I do not know what that means https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-selection-in-windows-10/ecbc4906-52ec-4974-a9bf-00691bcba183
  6. Volume selection in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Select volume 3 loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Select volume 3 loop: Hi,I just performed a restore, choosing to keep my files. When all of it was done, it booted up into a screen that asked to select Windows 10 on Volume 3.There are 2 choices - Windows 10 on Volume 3 - and they are identical.Whether I choose either of them manually or let it...
  8. windows prompts to select volume 9 or volume 3 on bootup

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows prompts to select volume 9 or volume 3 on bootup: i recently installed a new ssd on my hp laptop and erased the old drive data but now when i boot my laptop it asks me to choose a volume. How do i turn this feature off and automatically boot to volume 9 ssd. Thank you...
  9. Select Diskpart Volume by name?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Select Diskpart Volume by name?: So, here's the scenario: I'm writing a batch file that I want to use to open Diskpart and assign drive letter P to the volume where the batch file is located. How am I supposed to do that. I know how it works (I wouldn't ask this question... Never mind!), but how can I select...
  10. unable to see volume contents, unable to bring volumes online

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to see volume contents, unable to bring volumes online: I am not sure if I have this in the correct forum - please let me know if it should be elsewhere. I have W7-64 installed on an MBR SATA SSD, and in use for several years. This disk has 2 partitions, one system & the other one is data. Now I have installed W10-64 1909 on a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. diskpart could not online the selected volume

2. diskpart could not online volume ssd

3. diskpart could not online volume

4. cannot online volume diskpart,
  5. diskpart cannot online selected volume,
  6. could not online selected volume,
  7. diskpart could not online the volume,
  8. diskpart couldnt not online the selected volume,
  9. diskpart could not online the selected volume.,
  10. storage replica DiskPart could not online the selected volume,
  11. cannot make volume online selected volume is offline,