Windows 10: Could not reconnect all network drives with FCU

Discus and support Could not reconnect all network drives with FCU in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Well, its back. I had really good luck with auto connecting of shares at windows runtime, but now, I get the dreaded "Could not reconnect all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nanohead, Jan 13, 2018.

1. nanohead Win User

Could not reconnect all network drives with FCU

Well, its back.

I had really good luck with auto connecting of shares at windows runtime, but now, I get the dreaded "Could not reconnect all network drives" at startup

Brand new build, its stupid fast on startup (NVME SSD), and I'm trying to figure out if its indeed a timing issue. But its the old problem with the red X through the share, then when you click on it, it eventually loads.

Tried just about everything, and no idea how to proceed. Its also Windows 10 Home, so no Group Policy Editor to play with net reconnects, although I'll install it now and see.

Anyone else seeing this?

:)

nanohead, Jan 13, 2018

2. could not reconnect all network drives

Hi,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. Are you connected to the domain network?

2. When are you facing this issue exactly?

3. Are you getting any error code?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below.

a. Press Windows + R, type services.msc in the Search box.

b. Double click the service "Netlogon".

c. Click on the "General" tab; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic". If not then change the startup type to “Automatic”.

d. Then check if "Start" is selected under "Service Status". If not, start the service and click on Apply and Ok. Now check if the issue resolves.

Hope the information helps connecting to other network drives. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Anup Karkal, Jan 13, 2018
  3. could not reconnect all network drives

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

As you are connected to the domain network i would suggest you to post your query on the TechNet Forum which would be better suited for the issue.

Technet forums

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jan 13, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

How do you connect to network drives ie cmd prompt or explorer and have you used IP or names?

Samuria, Jan 13, 2018
  5. nanohead Win User
    Thanks. Just simple mapping via windows explorer, so therefore names I guess.

nanohead, Jan 13, 2018
  6. Berton Win User
    It was said, probably on this forum, that Win10 latest 1 or 2 updates turns off SMB1.0, check Control Panel, Programs and Features, Turn Windows features on or off.

Berton, Jan 14, 2018
  7. Samuria Win User
    Map them by ip see if that solves it as it can take netbios time to get a list of names on start as its that which is used if you go by name

Samuria, Jan 14, 2018
  8. Clintlgm Win User

Thank you thank you, this has been driving me crazy for a couple of weeks. My Workgroup P2P is working again.

Clintlgm, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Could not reconnect all network drives with FCU - Similar Threads - reconnect network drives

2. Reconnect Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reconnect Drive: I keep getting a message in my notifications I started getting it 3 months ago but when I click the notification box to fix the problem the message box goes away. It says *(Your files will be temporarily copied to your hard drive to reconnect run a disc back up)* I have...
  3. Could Not Reconnect All shared network Drives in Windows 10 after update from 1803 to 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Could Not Reconnect All shared network Drives in Windows 10 after update from 1803 to 1809: I recently update all CPU of my office from Windows 10 version 1803 to 1809 and since that, all mapped drives could not reconnect automatically when users logged on or reboot the CPU. If you go to this PC and open the drives, they can see the contents. Due to the fact that...
  4. a network drive will not reconnect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    a network drive will not reconnect: I cannot reconnect a network drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/a-network-drive-will-not-reconnect/9208f7b9-da0b-4542-b1b4-f5831b1fab30
  5. Reconnect a drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reconnect a drive: Windows keeps telling me to reconnect a file history drive. I have no idea what drive it is talking about. I think I am getting very close to formatting drive c: *Sad 112477
  6. Change Timeout "Windows could not load all network drives" annoying

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Timeout "Windows could not load all network drives" annoying: I have 2 Nas and sometimes a third and its annoying as he.. that when ever i reboot "which i do a lot" i get the Windows could not load all network drives. Its a problem because i have to open Explorer and click the Red mark over my Nas or else my files will not load in kodi...
  7. How to reconnect disconnected network drives

How to reconnect disconnected network drives: I have an Epson XP-850 printer which used to show 2 network drives in Explorer: USB storage (I think this is where it stores printing jobs) with drive letter Y, and the card reader with drive letter Z. The card reader is now missing entirely, and drive Y has a red cross in...
  8. The mapped network drive could not be created...

The mapped network drive could not be created...: We have 4 networked computers, 3 Windows 10 and an Ubuntu. After one of the last updates the only way I could get on my wife's computer was to use this format: \\JIMS-PC\Users\Suzy, when I used to browse to her computer through the Map Network Drive her drive didn't show up....
  9. Mapping OneDrive: Could Not Reconnect to All Network Drives

Mapping OneDrive: Could Not Reconnect to All Network Drives: I've mapped OneDrive to use it as a backup storage per instruction here, but I get the said error every time I reboot. So I wrote a simple batch script to remap automatically when I logon to Windows. Usage: MapOneDrive.cmd [Number of checks] "[IPv4 to ping]" "[Drive...
  10. Could not reconnect all network drives error upon startup

Could not reconnect all network drives error upon startup: Well I thought I had this problem solved! I had the same exact issue running Windows 7 so I upgraded to 10. It worked for a few times and now each time I restart, the 3 mapped drives I have show the dreaded RED X. This pc worked perfectly prior to me installing a new Samsung...