Windows 10: couple questions from a win 10 noob

Discus and support couple questions from a win 10 noob in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; couple questions from a win 10 noob, 1:Back in the day you could right click and pin to your desktop,Now how do I pin a webpage/site to your desktop?I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by daddywoofdawg, Mar 9, 2016.

1. couple questions from a win 10 noob

couple questions from a win 10 noob,
    1:Back in the day you could right click and pin to your desktop,Now how do I pin a webpage/site to your desktop?I tried right clicking and it pins to the tabs but not the desktop.I want to be able to access my dashboard without having to remember the website address?
    2:How can I speed up win 10?,My computer since the upgrade from 8.1 feels like I have dial-up and 256k memory. It's so slow. I have 6 gig, 2.5 gig processor

:)

daddywoofdawg, Mar 9, 2016
  2. Purexx Win User

how to install programs in Win mobil 6.1?

Maby a noob question!

how to install programs in Win mobil 6.1?

Tnx!

Purexx, Mar 9, 2016
  3. ardeeboi Win User
    how can i know if my 5800 is a NAM version?

sorry sirs, a noob question from a noob like me

ardeeboi, Mar 9, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

couple questions from a win 10 noob

Click on the upper LEFT Conner in your address bar, soon as you do, you can move it to your desktop. *Smile
    Right before the http.

As far as your speed issues, could be lots of things doing that. I'll let someone else answer that question. We got lots of folks who can help you. *Smile

OldMike65, Mar 9, 2016
  5. I will try and help you with the second question
    Have you upgraded your BIOS and Drivers as that can slow your computer/laptop
    Also make sure all the updates are installed

hTconeM9user, Mar 9, 2016
  6. Would my bios need to be updated because I changed from win 8.1 to 10?can windows search for driver updates?

daddywoofdawg, Mar 9, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Mar 10, 2016
  8. OldMike65 Win User

No I don't your bios needs to be updated, just because of upgrading to Windows 10. But drivers can be a problem, Best to get some of your drivers from whoever made your computer. That would be the 1st place to look.

Did you try that suggestion for adding web sites to your Desk top??

OldMike65, Mar 10, 2016
  9. I'm not understanding or it doesn't work for me.

daddywoofdawg, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. couple questions from a win 10 noob - Similar Threads - couple questions noob

2. couple of questions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    couple of questions: hi again microsoft i have a couple of SVChosts.exe running in my taskmanager now my first question is this, is svchost.exe a virus, malware or a worm? what is dashost.exe should i remove or disable svchost.exe would it be dangerous to do so?what is MaskVPN could you please...
  3. A couple of questions

in Windows 10 Support
    A couple of questions: Q #1. Can cookies be manually added to Google Chrome Browser? I recently purchased a new computer. I backed up my cookies and passwords and added them into the new machine. What I didn't realize that I had to "Turn on Cookies" so websites could recognize my usernames and...
  4. Noob Question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Noob Question: I need to do a clean install because of lingering issues. I have Win 10 Pro paid. When I reinstall, will the same key work? TIA submitted by /u/Frankie_Hollywood [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kauvg1/noob_question/
  5. Win Task Scheduler noob question

Win Task Scheduler noob question: Hello, I would like to start a specific sound file (mp3) with the VLC media player at a predefined time. I already managed to tell the Task Scheduler to open the player, but I dont know how to tell him that the sound file should be opened within the player. I tried to enter...
  6. Noob network problems / question (nDisplay)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Noob network problems / question (nDisplay): Hi folks, I really am a networking noob, sorry 'bout that. At the moment i'm trying to get nDisplay (Unreal Engine) working on two computers. I've set up a network and have logged into an admin account with the exact same name / password on both computers. The problem...
  7. Noob question re resetting PC

Noob question re resetting PC: Hi, so basically I've got an issue that I've been trying to fix for hours and can't be bothered with anymore, so I'm gonna reset my PC (laptop). I don't really care if I lose my personal files, as I've only had it for a few days anyway. All I want to know is, will resetting...
  8. Couple questions

Couple questions: Recently built my PC.... dream build. So happy. Got a few questions though. Ryzen 5 3600 (overclocked to 4300Mhz) B450 tomahawk max Gigabyte 8Gb 2070 super 16gb Corsair ddr4-3600 128? Gb ssd 1) when I boot it, I turn on my two monitors. Most of the time they go to sleep...
  9. Virtual Memory (Noob Question)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Virtual Memory (Noob Question): So I recently found this article to increase my PC performance by setting this settings to, well it varies. Quick question, how much do I need to put in minimal and max, I have like 8gb of memory right now. [img] 121989
  10. Couple questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Couple questions: First of all does anyone know a simple way to deny permissions to an unknown user in the registry? S-1-15-3-1024-1065365936-1281604716-3511738428-1654721687-432734479-3232135806-4053264122-3456934681 this unknown user has read permissions all through out the registry - I...