Windows 10: coverage on a used computer

Discus and support coverage on a used computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was given a used tablet pc with win 10. I would like to know if Microsoft offers some type of coverage plan I could purchase for protection.. I am... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sherry122160, Aug 14, 2018.

1. coverage on a used computer

I was given a used tablet pc with win 10. I would like to know if Microsoft offers some type of coverage plan I could purchase for protection.. I am running Windows Defender but I continue to get hacked. I have found Json on some of the files left on my pc. This is some type of ransomware file. I have had three computers so far that this person has stolen my operating systems from. Please help.

:)

Sherry122160, Aug 14, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Aquinus Win User

coverage on a used computer

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

coverage on a used computer

1. coverage on a used computer - Similar Threads - coverage used computer

2. windows 11 22000.739 browse the internet while I have the wireless coverage area on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 22000.739 browse the internet while I have the wireless coverage area on: Recently I had to use my PC as a wifi point, but in the meantime I wanted to browse several web pages, but some of them just don't load, then turn off the wifi point and immediately the web pages open. any solution?...
  3. windows 11 22000.739 browse the internet while I have the wireless coverage area on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 22000.739 browse the internet while I have the wireless coverage area on: Recently I had to use my PC as a wifi point, but in the meantime I wanted to browse several web pages, but some of them just don't load, then turn off the wifi point and immediately the web pages open. any solution?...
  4. Running Code coverage in an UWP application

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Running Code coverage in an UWP application: Hi, We are working on a UWP application. The application works just fine. We have included a unit test app universal windows and have written few testcases. The testcases are executed successfully, but we are unable to view the code coverage details. In the code coverage tab,...
  5. Why am I not getting cloud coverage in MSFS 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I not getting cloud coverage in MSFS 2020: I am not getting clouds in the MSFS program 2020. Did have it when first installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-not-getting-cloud-coverage-in-msfs-2020/37dde21f-ecf5-4078-8f06-3b84b2369e4d
  6. Full Coverage in Search is now available in Google News

in Windows 10 News
    Full Coverage in Search is now available in Google News: This past year has reminded us that the most important news stories are often complex and ever-evolving. Stories like the COVID-19 pandemic and the U.S. elections played out over many months, with myriad threads and developments all happening at once. People are hungry for...
  7. Google announces Orion Wifi to improve cellular coverage

in Windows 10 News
    Google announces Orion Wifi to improve cellular coverage: When I visit a grocery store or a doctors’ office, I sometimes have weak cellular coverage. I know there might be a public Wi-Fi network that could help, but it’s a pain to figure out which networks are high-quality and available to me. And then...
  8. computer not using memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer not using memory: I have 12 gbs of memory installed on my computer. my computer specs recognizes all 12 gbs but windows 10 only uses 4 gbs. is there anyone who knows how to correct this problem....
  9. Activation on a used computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation on a used computer: I bought a used custom made desktop (i5 4670K and Asus z97 - AR) with Windows 10 Pro installed and activated. First thing I did was a Clean Install (Win 10 pro 1909), deleting all partitions on the drive. When I finished the installation it was activated. As I intend to sell...
  10. gifting a used computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    gifting a used computer: I am giving my friend my used windows 10 laptop and I want to make her the new user/owner what do I need to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gifting-a-used-computer/a9336532-37f2-445a-9e9d-72c68c7ee14a