Windows 10: CPU doesn't support NX

Discus and support CPU doesn't support NX in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I need a help, I tried to install Android Studio to start working on developping apps, but when I tried to make an emulator (virtual device), it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Yassine, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Yassine Win User

CPU doesn't support NX

Hi, I need a help, I tried to install Android Studio to start working on developping apps, but when I tried to make an emulator (virtual device), it doesn't work, and I had this warning " Your CPU doesn't support NX ".
    My ask is to know what is mean NX, and why my CPU doesn't support it ? ( I have intel i3 M380)

:)

Yassine, Jul 16, 2017
  2. DanielF96 Win User

Windows 10 and Intel Pentium 4 550 @ 3.40 GHz?

This CPU doesn't support NX, so it wont run Windows 10 or 8/8.1, Not sure about PAE, but it does support SSE2

DanielF96, Jul 16, 2017
  3. CPU not supported.

I have 3 identical Windows 7 computers, checked the CPU's with Coreinfo.

Windows 10 Upgrade installed on 2 of the computers. The third computer is saying "CPU not Supported".

First Windows 10 upgrade reported: NX not supported.

Coreinfo. Report says: NX Supports no-execute page protection.

Now Windows 10 upgrade says: CPU not supported.

The bcdedit thing worked, upgrading now. bcdedit /set nx alwayson then reboot.

Went to Windows update.

WilliamKrems, Jul 16, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

CPU doesn't support NX

See e.g.
    NX bit - Wikipedia

PAE/NX/SSE2 Support Requirement Guide for Windows 8

noting
    Try this free program to confirm

CPU doesn't support NX [​IMG]

dalchina, Jul 16, 2017
  5. bobkn Win User
    NX stands for No Execute, a security feature that is supposed to make it harder for malware to run.

I believe that Intel refers to it as the Execute Disable Bit. It's present on an I3-380M:

http://ark.intel.com/products/50178/...Cache-2_53-GHz

It may be possible to turn it off in the machine's BIOS. I don't know what "Speccy" would indicate in that case.

Since you haven't told us what laptop you're running, it won't be possible for us to check its available BIOS settings.

bobkn, Jul 16, 2017
  6. Superfly Win User
    VM's do not read the chip directly, you need to enable VT in the bios.

Superfly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

CPU doesn't support NX

1. CPU doesn't support NX - Similar Threads - CPU doesn't support

2. cpu not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cpu not supported: I have a i7 6700HQ cpu, why is it not supported for windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-not-supported/65c8516c-d001-49a7-bec1-8538c172b2ff
  3. cpu not supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cpu not supported: I have a i7 6700HQ cpu, why is it not supported for windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-not-supported/65c8516c-d001-49a7-bec1-8538c172b2ff
  4. NIKON NX 2

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NIKON NX 2: My NIKON NX 2 photo uploading and editing program crashes as soon as I open it, since the recent Microsoft Malware update . I've re-booted, re-installed the program... All to no avail. Nikon says it's a Microsoft problem. How can I get it the NIKON NX 2 program back and...
  5. This pc's processor doesn't support a critical feature (nx)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This pc's processor doesn't support a critical feature (nx): Hi, I want to install Windows 10 32-bit and I have the below error when I'm installing windows 10. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/this-pcs-processor-doesnt-support-a-critical/0ff8789b-02a2-40b0-9d3a-c9ad83235d10
  6. CPU Not Supported

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU Not Supported: Have Windows 7 sp1 and Windows 10 Build 10240 in dual boot. On trying to upgrade windows 7, error message: Your CPU is not supported. Have Intel Core2duo E7500 @ 2.93 ghz. Coreinfo utility says all NX, PAE & SSE2 are supported and enabled. Window 10 preview has all along...
  7. CPU Support

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU Support: Hi all I was wondering if there is a list of CPUs supported by Win 10? I am currently running two desktops one with a Dual Core Pentium @ 2ghz and a Core Duo E8400 @ 3 Ghz. They both run Win 8.1 fine but was wondering if 10 will support them. I know min requirements are 1...
  8. Your CPU does not support NX. Have been running Build 10240.

Your CPU does not support NX. Have been running Build 10240.: I get the error message on trying to upgrade Windows 7 SP1 through Windows 10 ISO I have been running all the insider previews till build 10240 with no problem 10035
  9. Install fails my computer "doesn't support NX"

Install fails my computer "doesn't support NX": A while back I successfully upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10, and then reverted back to Windows 7, with no problems. Today, I created a new partition and attempted to do a clean install of Windows 10, using a flash drive. Install failed, with the message "This PC's...
  10. This PC's processor doesn't support a critical feature (NX)."

This PC's processor doesn't support a critical feature (NX).": Hi there, When i try to upgrade W7 to W10 I get the no NX message. I've run CoreInfo and my CPU supports NX, SEE2 e.t.c mentioned on plenty of google search pages. My Laptop is a Toshiba Satellite Pro P300 CPU is a Intel T9550, Have no idea what the motherboard is. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant upgrade win7 to win 10 problem processor doesnt support LAHF/SAHF and PrefetchW

2. e7400 support critical feature windows 10