Windows 10: CPU Frequency Too High

Discus and support CPU Frequency Too High in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently my CPU is operating at 97% to 104% all the time. How can I throttle it back to idle?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aussie1948, Jul 27, 2018.

1. CPU Frequency Too High

Recently my CPU is operating at 97% to 104% all the time. How can I throttle it back to idle?

:)

Aussie1948, Jul 27, 2018
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

INCORRECT CPU FREQUENCY READING

Hello Muhammad,

CPU usage depends on the applications that are open to your device. To isolate the problem, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Can you include a screenshot of the CPU reading?
    • Have you tried performing a
      clean boot
      to eliminate software conflicts?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Rick.T Win User
    Windows 10 Display Blinking with High CPU

After upgrade to Windows 10, experiencing flashing display and high CPU.

• At initial logon screen everything is normal - wall paper and logon screen display with no blinking
    • After logon, fan starts as CPU usage spikes, cursor is accompanied by the spinning blue circle
    • touchscreen does not respond to swipe to access Recovery/Safe mode for reboot
    • able to get to Task Manager and Perfmon to see high CPU usage and explorer.exe is suspended
    looking for suggestions on how to either fix or roll back to Windows 8.1

Rick.T, Jul 27, 2018
  4. zs.huang Win User

CPU Frequency Too High

cpu utilization high after november upgrade to 1511

This is irrelevant. The constant high CPU usage is real, keeps fan running and prevents CPU from entering low frequency states (which supposedly extends battery life)

zs.huang, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

CPU Frequency Too High

1. CPU Frequency Too High - Similar Threads - CPU Frequency Too

2. Cpu percentage too high?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cpu percentage too high?: My cpu percentage is way too high for being idle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-percentage-too-high/bc249c58-93b1-4def-afde-558b23da0c7f
  3. Cpu percentage too high?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cpu percentage too high?: My cpu percentage is way too high for being idle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-percentage-too-high/bc249c58-93b1-4def-afde-558b23da0c7f
  4. Massive CPU frequency drop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Massive CPU frequency drop: Hello everyone. I have a strange problem. I have an Acer Aspire A715-75G 8GB, GTX 1650, i5-10300H. Every once in a while, my laptop freezes for about 4 or 5 seconds and then returns to normal. When it freezes, background activity continues, but I can no longer do anything...
  5. CPU Clock Speed WAY TOO HIGH

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU Clock Speed WAY TOO HIGH: Ummm... so the other day I was playing a bit of CS:GO, and i was running an average of 200-300 fps on max settings in-game, and once I was done I got off. The next day I tried playing the fps was terrible, I'm talking 20-30. So I set all the settings to the lowest they could...
  6. cpu is too high

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cpu is too high: cpu is too high [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-is-too-high/c266743c-bbc6-4fe3-a872-dbbb274b189b
  7. CPU use too high, audio crackles

CPU use too high, audio crackles: Hi! A remote Microsoft agent recently did "configuration" changes and in-place upgrades to fix my unresponsive keyboard and touchpad (they work once in a while, and if I boot to Linux flash drive they work great). Keyboard and touchpad still don't work, and now the CPU is...
  8. RAM has unusually low frequency and CPU usage is high

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM has unusually low frequency and CPU usage is high: Yesterday when I booted up my PC, windows was running really slow. When I open up any program, CPU usage goes to almost 100%. I also discovered that my RAM frequency is only 1067MHz in Windows vs the 3000 it runs at normally. I have disabled XMP to see if that would help and...
  9. Too high frequency of CPU

Too high frequency of CPU: My CPU started working at 95% to 105% all the time. Could you help me how to get it back to the standby mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/too-high-frequency-of-cpu/642d599d-5ddd-4914-b49d-2d349172e739
  10. Is my cpu tempurature too high?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is my cpu tempurature too high?: I have an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz cpu and an app called speccy is telling me that the tempurature of it is 77 °C! I looked it up and it said that the max temperature should be around 60. My pc is quite old and a bit dusty, but I didn't expect that!! 47688

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows CPU frequency