Windows 10: Cpu going .40-.50 ghz at 20 percent cpu!

Discus and support Cpu going .40-.50 ghz at 20 percent cpu! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Yesterday I just resetted my laptop and I've been experiencing some problems when I play a game my cpu goes 2.6ghz then randomly out of no where it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Lovealll, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Lovealll Win User

Cpu going .40-.50 ghz at 20 percent cpu!

Yesterday I just resetted my laptop and I've been experiencing some problems when I play a game my cpu goes 2.6ghz then randomly out of no where it goes .40ghz or .50 the worse part is the percentage of my cpu is only 20-40 no programs making it high or anything, I'm not running things in background, my laptop isn't over heating please some give me some tip or solution to fix this and thank you !*Thumbs

Specs:Intel(R) Pentium (R) CPU N3540 @2.16GHz

4.00 GB (3.89 GB usable)
    64-bit operating system, x64 based proccesor

Os Build-14393.0

Windows 10 version 1607

:)

Lovealll, Feb 24, 2018

2. Windows 10 Folder Rename Delete Move İs Very Slow ( 15- 20 seconds )

Windows 10 Folder Rename Delete Move İs Very Slow ( 15- 20 seconds ), even an empty folder rename, delete, move takes 20 seconds...

How to solve this?

Casper Notebook

INTEL CORE I5-4200M CPU @2.50 GHZ

RAM 4 GB, usable amount : 3,75 gb

SYSTEM :Windows X64

Task Mnager :

CPU % 3-5

MEMORY %50 - 53

DİSK USAGE %3 -5

JAN PETER BALKANENDE, Feb 24, 2018
  3. SkypeHost.exe usage high CPU

Am using Windows 10 OS. I noticed that SkypeHost.exe is using too much CPU. When I attempt to stop or suspend process it restarts automatically and uses CPU up to 20-30%. How can I stop it?

Path: "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Messaging_2.12.15004.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe\SkypeHost.exe"

Priority: Below Normal

Memory usage: up to 60MB

Threads: 40-50

Subhajit Nandi, Feb 24, 2018
  4. Cpu going .40-.50 ghz at 20 percent cpu!

Are you seeing any performance degradation in your game?

It's normal for your CPU speed to drop down to a few hundred MHz when nothing much is using the CPU.

PolarNettles, Feb 24, 2018
  5. Berton Win User
    And just because a CPU or parts are not overheating does not mean they have not been overheated. I junked a nice Gateway desktop the other day because of heat damage, sufficient to prevent Win10 to be re-installed clean.

Berton, Feb 24, 2018
  6. Lovealll Win User
    When speed drop down the performance is terrible like it's like I lag so much I move every 2 sec step by step I can try to send a vid of it if needed

Lovealll, Feb 24, 2018
  7. PolarNettles, Feb 24, 2018
  8. Lovealll Win User

Cpu going .40-.50 ghz at 20 percent cpu! [​IMG]

Lovealll, Feb 24, 2018
  9. Lovealll Win User
    The temperature is like that because my laptop is on my bed but when I wasn't on the bed it still did the same.

Lovealll, Feb 24, 2018
  10. Are you able to get this to happen reliably? How long does the CPU speed stay low?

In HWINFO Sensor Status, start a log when the CPU is running normally.

Then play your game until you see the CPU speed drop and stop the log.

Also, save reports from when the CPU speed is normal and from when the CPU speed is low. Attach all 4 files to this thread and we can take a look to see what exactly is happening.

PolarNettles, Feb 24, 2018
  11. Lovealll Win User
    Hey, It didn't go down this time but I did notice something when i minimize the game the speed drops to 0.40-0.80 but when i quickly minimize i can see when for a second that when i run game it going 2.64Ghz also

Lovealll, Feb 24, 2018
  12. Steve C Win User
    Also check in your power plan settings that the maximum CPU speed is set to 100%.

Steve C, Feb 24, 2018
  13. Berton Win User

Beds, clothing and similar things can cause heat problems in their blocking of the vents most Notebooks have on the bottom of the case, suck the cloth up against the vents. Some of the newer ones and MacBooks may not have those vents/slots for air flow.

Berton, Feb 24, 2018
  14. Lovealll Win User
    My laptop is still doing the same thing anywhere i take it, and the temps don't seem high to really over heat.
    I don't know what's causing the problem but now it's just stay at low cpu speed with low cpu it's weird right now i'm at 10-20% cpu and it's going very very slow.

Lovealll, Feb 24, 2018
  15. Steve C Win User
    Did you check your CPU max speed in the power plan setting as I mentioned in post 10?

Steve C, Feb 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Cpu going .40-.50 ghz at 20 percent cpu! - Similar Threads - Cpu going ghz

2. Computer cpu ghz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer cpu ghz: Hello!! I found out that my cpu for my AMD A4-5000 APU runs at 1.50 ghz. it’s a windows 10 and kind of slow on most games. Is the speed of the cpu bad for gaming? Can I make it increase the cpu by any way? I’m not sure if it matters if it’s built but it was prebuilt. It also...
  3. Computer cpu ghz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer cpu ghz: Hello!! I found out that my cpu for my AMD A4-5000 APU runs at 1.50 ghz. it’s a windows 10 and kind of slow on most games. Is the speed of the cpu bad for gaming? Can I make it increase the cpu by any way? I’m not sure if it matters if it’s built but it was prebuilt. It also...
  4. Computer cpu ghz

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Increasing CPU Ghz

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Increasing CPU Ghz: How To increase thisI certainly want to do thatplease help me increase that I am ready to keep hands in the registry tooPlease help me increase this 2.69Ghz to atleast 3.10Ghz or 4GhzCan anybody help me hereTHANK YOU IN ADVACEAny type of help will be highly appriciated...
  6. CPU stuck at 50 percent like a step sis.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU stuck at 50 percent like a step sis.: I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10. My specs are - i3 3110M 2.4GHz, Nvidia GeForce GT 720M, 8GB RAM. Sometimes when I use my laptop extensively, suddenly my CPU gets stuck at 50%. When I am playing Valorant, suddenly my fps drops from 60 to 25-30, then I check my CPU...
  7. CPU usage Averages >20% and CPU >40% yet Exploerer.exe still crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    CPU usage Averages >20% and CPU >40% yet Exploerer.exe still crashes: So I don't know if this is a Win 10 Pro broken update or A virus or something, but for the longest time I can hardly access the usual controls in right clicking the directories of a USB or Hard Drive within windows explorer without crashing the entire desktop. I did a I did a...
  8. Wi-Fi 2.4 Ghz 20 or 40 Mhz?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi 2.4 Ghz 20 or 40 Mhz?: Which one should i choose and why? Should i divide 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz in two networks or keep them in one network? 51718
  9. Windows Explorer takes up 40-50% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer takes up 40-50% CPU usage: Hello, I have this problem where after some hours of use (~3, for example) the windows explorer takes up 40-50% of the CPU causing major performance loss. I do not know what is causing this problem, as it does have to do with my activity, since when this happens I am not...
  10. "System and Compressed Memory" going to 40% CPU in Win10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "System and Compressed Memory" going to 40% CPU in Win10: Hi, I know this problem is caused by the latest GeForce driver, I was hoping someone could tell me which version introduced the issue. I have Win10 64-bit on an i5, 16 GB RAM, GTX 570, OS is installed on a SSD. Everything was working fine with Win10, games, apps, ran...