Windows 10: CPU/GPU spikes while gaming

Discus and support CPU/GPU spikes while gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having issues playing games now due to this CPU/GPU max usage spiking while playing and it causes a lag spike.. it happens like every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BrandonR188, May 4, 2016.

1. CPU/GPU spikes while gaming

Hello,

I'm having issues playing games now due to this CPU/GPU max usage spiking while playing and it causes a lag spike.. it happens like every few seconds and it's driving me up the wall.. really not for sure where else to go with this issue.. it happens in nearly every game i play as well.

GPU: GTX 970 4gb
    CPU: i7 4770k 3.50GHz
    Storage: Samsung EVO 850 250gb for OS and 500gb for games
    RAM:16gb
    PSU:1000w

solutions I've tried..
    unparking cpu, updating to latest gpu drivers, latest realtek sound and network drivers for my motherboard, latest chipset, cleaning out my pc, checking my temps.. it never goes above 70c while gaming.. both my gpu and cpu. even a clean install of Windows 10 Pro x64 bit, I've even done a clean boot and the issue is still occuring.. really at a stand still. I'm going to upload the screenshots of the in-game graph that is showing the spikes.

:)

BrandonR188, May 4, 2016

2. Intermitten stuttering across multiple programs.

Also, after having taskmanager open i've noticed that when it happens, resources are not being hogged. I don't see any cpu spikes, nor gpu spikes in afterburner.

nicolaj1982, May 4, 2016
  3. Badosoft Win User
    PC game is skippy/laggy in fullscreen

I suggest you to monitor your CPU for some time, not only when playing the game. If the CPU spikes often you might want to check the CPU temperature. Six out of ten times temperature problems cause lag issues not Windows itself.

I suggest:

1. Monitor your CPU over a period of few hours while playing or using resource intensive applications

2. Install
    openhardwaremonitor
    to get clues about temperature or voltage issues

3. Run virus scan with at least 2 independent scanners besides Windows Defender

4. Get rid of junk & temp files: download
    CCleaner

5. Get
    Latency Optimizer
    and record your game play with the Performance Recorder and check the log file for clues about CPU spikes

A.) If CPU temperature spikes high or stays high to bring your PC to service if your PC is still within the warenty.

B.) If your PC is out of warranty you can google for YouTube videos on how to refresh the cooling liquid on your CPU and how to use a vacuum cleaner to clean your CPU fan.

!Please before you do all that steps verify that your CPU spikes also in other situation or games!

Badosoft, May 4, 2016
  4. CPU/GPU spikes while gaming

anyone? it's happening in BF4 pretty badly as well.

BrandonR188, May 5, 2016
  5. Well I don't exactly know what's going on but I had some performance issues too. I purposely turned off a service called "AMD External Events Utility" for my AMD R9 M375 and I had bad performance on games. Turning this on solved the problem for me. I guess enabling every service in system configuration should do it. Either that or you haven't got your GPU drivers fully working. My R9 M375 wouldn't show up on GPU-Z without removing the pre installed AMD drivers and freshly installing Crimson.

gamer254rb, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

CPU/GPU spikes while gaming

1. CPU/GPU spikes while gaming - Similar Threads - CPU GPU spikes

2. CPU Spikes?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU Spikes?: I don't know why it's suddenly doing it but my CPU spikes massively when anything is plugged in or just randomly at times, my mouse is kinda broken it turns off and on cause the wire is kinda exposed, so if it plugs itself in and out my plug in executables goes up to like 30%...
  3. Ping Spikes while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping Spikes while gaming: I've been spiking on games a lot. My ping is normally at 20-25 and it sometimes spikes up to 200+.This has been a problem for a while. I've tried factory resetting my laptop multiples times and it ends up coming back after a couple weeks. Is there a fix to this issue? W...
  4. Ping Spikes while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ping Spikes while gaming: I've been spiking on games a lot. My ping is normally at 20-25 and it sometimes spikes up to 200+.This has been a problem for a while. I've tried factory resetting my laptop multiples times and it ends up coming back after a couple weeks. Is there a fix to this issue? W...
  5. Ping Spikes while gaming

6. cpu spike

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cpu spike: hello 1 week ago i bought pc and at first i could’t see any problems after some time i installed program for free and i thought it was a virus , after that i reinstalled windows more than 5 times dont ask me why :D, so for example when i have discord opened and i open task...
  7. GPU and CPU spiking to 100% then back down to normal.

GPU and CPU spiking to 100% then back down to normal.: My cpu and gpu are spiking up to 100% and back down when idling and doing tasks whether its intensive or small. I am using a brand new dell xps machine and i have already contacted dell support. I have no hardware problems so its a software problem. If they fix it they will...
  8. ping spikes while gaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ping spikes while gaming: ill just get to the point. i have a 3mb ethernet connection and it wont let me game in the daytime, by that i mean i experience very high ping and packet loss of 100% every few seconds and unable to play with any satisfaction in the day, but when its past midnight it works...
  9. GPU spike while on AC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GPU spike while on AC: Hello everyone, from the past few months I have been facing this problem on my Dell Laptop having Intel UHD 620 GPU. Whenever I have my laptop plugged into AC and I perform any GPU intensive task like gaming or playing video using madVR, the GPU spikes up to 100% for complete...
  10. GPU Spikes while playing a Video

GPU Spikes while playing a Video: Hello, I've been having these GPU Spkies since some weeks, this started to happen when i updated to Windows 10 v1909 on the v1903 this didnt happened but it started to happen after some days i installed v1909 it mainly happens if i have a video playing the gpu just spikes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gpu spikes when playing games

2. cpu temp spikes while gaming

3. pc lag spikes while gaming

4. laptop tamporary lag from cpu gpu spike,
  5. is spiking to 100 cpu bad during gaming,
  6. GPU spikes during gaming,
  7. cpu spikes,
  8. my laptop spikes up while playing games,
  9. WHAT CAUSES CPU SPIKES WHEN GAMING,
  10. game causing cpu spikes,
  11. gpu spiking during gaminh,