Windows 10: cpu issue(s)

Discus and support cpu issue(s) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having some sort of issue w my cpu. I just applied new thermal paste to the cover of the cpu and to the heat sink of the cooling and fan and now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Matt Siegel, Oct 15, 2016.

1. cpu issue(s)

I am having some sort of issue w my cpu. I just applied new thermal paste to the cover of the cpu and to the heat sink of the cooling and fan and now every time the cpu gets "taxed" as in pushed to close to its limits; I get the message from my motherboard utility warning me of the high temp. I dont know if this is a heat sink issue or a cpu issue itself. It cant be the fan though cause the fan is spinning and is working from what i can see and tell. Please help me here with this one because I just do not have the $ to go out and get a new processor.

:)

Matt Siegel, Oct 15, 2016

2. Advice: faulty N82 replacement with N82 or N85?

The speed of the N85's CPU is slightly faster but it only has a single CPU compared to the N82's dual CPU. Overall the N82 is the faster phone of the two.
    Message Edited by psychomania on 17-Apr-2009 12:09 PM

psychomania---01, Oct 15, 2016
  3. Windows 10 High Dpc Latency

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CONCLUSION

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Your system appears to be suitable for handling real-time audio and other tasks without dropouts.

LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:00:34 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION

Computer name: TOXIFY

OS version: Windows 8 , 6.2, build: 9200 (x64)

Hardware: All Series, ASUS, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., MAXIMUS VII HERO

CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz

Logical processors: 8

Processor groups: 1

RAM: 16325 MB total

CPU SPEED

Reported CPU speed: 40 MHz

Measured CPU speed: 17 MHz (approx.)

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES

The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the
    signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 476.527045

Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 22.071483

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 453.130216

Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 10.219612

REPORTED ISRs

Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 95.002250

Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.088418

Driver with highest ISR total time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0.091639

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 18208

ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED DPCs

DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 314.29850

Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: ndis.sys - Network Driver Interface Specification (NDIS), Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.288840

Driver with highest DPC total execution time: cmudaxp.sys - C-Media Audio WDM Driver, C-Media Inc

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.834058

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 236473

DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 17

DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS

Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted
    and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count: searchindexer.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults 107

Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 80

Highest hard pagefault resolution time (µs): 10444.1780

Total time spent in hard pagefaults (%): 0.012556

Number of processes hit: 3

PER CPU DATA

CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 3.152745

CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 95.002250

CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 0.240482

CPU 0 ISR count: 15864

CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 312.2290

CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 2.025879

CPU 0 DPC count: 195597

CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 0.145655

CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs): 71.0830

CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 0.007632

CPU 1 ISR count: 1470

CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs): 156.977750

CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 0.032375

CPU 1 DPC count: 4747

CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s): 0.313203

CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs): 2.45350

CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s): 0.000049

CPU 2 ISR count: 29

CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs): 314.29850

CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s): 0.166350

CPU 2 DPC count: 30377

CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s): 0.111494

CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs): 4.445250

CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s): 0.000530

CPU 3 ISR count: 471

CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs): 78.54750

CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s): 0.003921

CPU 3 DPC count: 545

CPU 4 Interrupt cycle time (s): 0.175799

CPU 4 ISR highest execution time (µs): 2.2550

CPU 4 ISR total execution time (s): 0.000035

CPU 4 ISR count: 23

CPU 4 DPC highest execution time (µs): 101.90950

CPU 4 DPC total execution time (s): 0.012382

CPU 4 DPC count: 1404

CPU 5 Interrupt cycle time (s): 0.110466

CPU 5 ISR highest execution time (µs): 5.3840

CPU 5 ISR total execution time (s): 0.000311

CPU 5 ISR count: 209

CPU 5 DPC highest execution time (µs): 93.5640

CPU 5 DPC total execution time (s): 0.004549

CPU 5 DPC count: 543

CPU 6 Interrupt cycle time (s): 0.150359

CPU 6 ISR highest execution time (µs): 2.923750

CPU 6 ISR total execution time (s): 0.000031

CPU 6 ISR count: 18

CPU 6 DPC highest execution time (µs): 75.430

CPU 6 DPC total execution time (s): 0.017617

CPU 6 DPC count: 2617

CPU 7 Interrupt cycle time (s): 0.108249

CPU 7 ISR highest execution time (µs): 5.0440

CPU 7 ISR total execution time (s): 0.000189

CPU 7 ISR count: 124

CPU 7 DPC highest execution time (µs): 71.406750

CPU 7 DPC total execution time (s): 0.005565

CPU 7 DPC count: 660

donnieadler, Oct 15, 2016
Thema:

cpu issue(s)

1. cpu issue(s) - Similar Threads - cpu issue

2. DirectX12 Compatibility Issues Between Windows 10 Pro & Windows 11 Pro [CPU: i5 11th Gen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX12 Compatibility Issues Between Windows 10 Pro & Windows 11 Pro [CPU: i5 11th Gen...: Hi, I am very curious about the DirectX12 being disabled after upgrading from a Windows 10 Pro to a Windows 11 Pro operating system. How is it that I had no problems with DirectX12 on Windows 10 Pro, but is now having problems with DirectX12 on Windows 11 Pro?Additional...
  3. DirectX12 Compatibility Issues Between Windows 10 Pro & Windows 11 Pro [CPU: i5 11th Gen...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DirectX12 Compatibility Issues Between Windows 10 Pro & Windows 11 Pro [CPU: i5 11th Gen...: Hi, I am very curious about the DirectX12 being disabled after upgrading from a Windows 10 Pro to a Windows 11 Pro operating system. How is it that I had no problems with DirectX12 on Windows 10 Pro, but is now having problems with DirectX12 on Windows 11 Pro?Additional...
  4. Windows 10 to 11 upgrade issue - CPU supported yes or no ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 to 11 upgrade issue - CPU supported yes or no ?: HiI have a PC with the i7-770HQ CPU running Windows 10 22H2.All system requirements needed in order to update to Windows 11 are met but the CPU, this is the result of the "PC Helth Check" .But that CPU is listed here as a supported...
  5. Windows 10 to 11 upgrade issue - CPU supported yes or no ?

Windows 10 to 11 upgrade issue - CPU supported yes or no ?: HiI have a PC with the i7-770HQ CPU running Windows 10 22H2.All system requirements needed in order to update to Windows 11 are met but the CPU, this is the result of the "PC Helth Check" .But that CPU is listed here as a supported...
  6. Windows 10 to 11 upgrade issue - CPU supported yes or no ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. CPU Idle temperatures and overclocking issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Idle temperatures and overclocking issues: Hello, I few months ago I bought a Dell Intel Inspiron 16 plus 7630 laptop, as my previous computer unfortunately corrupted. The computer has been working well up until recently, when the was an up-tick in my CPU temperature. Previously, it would rest at around 50-55C Numbers...
  8. CPU Idle temperatures and overclocking issues

CPU Idle temperatures and overclocking issues: Hello, I few months ago I bought a Dell Intel Inspiron 16 plus 7630 laptop, as my previous computer unfortunately corrupted. The computer has been working well up until recently, when the was an up-tick in my CPU temperature. Previously, it would rest at around 50-55C Numbers...
  9. RTX 4080 Random Black screen issue, monitor no signal then full black screen but cpu...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RTX 4080 Random Black screen issue, monitor no signal then full black screen but cpu...: I m using RTX 4080 Graphics card,My pc randomly goes black screen, monitors no signal then full black screen but CPU staying on, sometimes only CPU fans and graphics card fans full speed running.I tried everything like fresh os install, driver, all tried but still issue...
  10. RTX 4080 Random Black screen issue, monitor no signal then full black screen but cpu...

RTX 4080 Random Black screen issue, monitor no signal then full black screen but cpu...: I m using RTX 4080 Graphics card,My pc randomly goes black screen, monitors no signal then full black screen but CPU staying on, sometimes only CPU fans and graphics card fans full speed running.I tried everything like fresh os install, driver, all tried but still issue...