Windows 10: CPU jumps to 100 and fans sound like jet engines

Discus and support CPU jumps to 100 and fans sound like jet engines in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I purchased this laptop off of Amazon, "Dell Inspiron i5577-7342BLK-PUS,15.6" Gaming Laptop, (Intel Core i7,16GB,512GB SSD),NVIDIA GTX 1050."... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by osly, Jul 27, 2018.

1. osly Win User

CPU jumps to 100 and fans sound like jet engines

I purchased this laptop off of Amazon, "Dell Inspiron i5577-7342BLK-PUS,15.6" Gaming Laptop, (Intel Core i7,16GB,512GB SSD),NVIDIA GTX 1050." http://a.co/cAI7fCE

I've noticed that the cpu randomly jumps to 100 and the fans start blowing like crazy over simple tasks like browsing Google Chrome and others. This has happened ever since I got my laptop.

When it does "spike," I dont notice any lag at all in the system. I cant seem to be able to find the cause. I will try to take a screenshot the next time it does this. Thanks for the help everyone.

:)

2. Keith9 Win User

100% cpu usage windows 10

All well and good. Performance Monitor is on 100%, my fan sounds like a jet engine, and the back of my tablet is too hot to touch. So that's all right, then. I bet I know who is going to pay for this failure ... and it won't be **** Bill Gates.

Keith9, Jul 27, 2018
  3. All the fans max at 100% after upgrading to Windows 10

My CPU fan, PCI fan, HDD fans, and system fan (the one on the tower itself) are all running at 100% max speed when Windows 10 boots up. I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and in Windows 7 I had no issues. I can manually control the fans and lower the
    speed, so it's not sounding like a jet engine. I set them to about 50% (which is still a bit high, but better safe than sorry).

At 50% speed, my temps are running around 27C, so it's not over heating, my CPU load is around 6% to 8%, memory is around 20% (too many Chrome tabs open), I don't have any services that are out of control and eating a ton of resources.

I did some research and I found a couple of things:

• Turn off notifications - no luck
    • Sometimes upgrading to Windows 10 can duplicate your display drivers - this didn't happen to me
    • There was a handful of services that people posted that had issues, none of them I had. Again, I don't have any service or application eating up my resources.
    • I've tried messing with the cooling settings in the power settings - no dice.
    • I've upgraded my mobo drivers - no luck
    • Even upgraded my BIOS - no luck
    • Checked all my hardware had up to date drivers - no luck.
    I'm running an i7-3820, with 16GB of RAM, an Nvidia GTX 660 and GTX 970 - I have a 256GB SSD Crucial CT256MX and a 3 TB HD (Windows is installed on the SSD).

The first few days of using Windows 10, there wasn't any fan issues, and it just started today - so what changed? The only change was that I install Samsung SideSync and uTorrent - I uninstalled them both and no luck.

I have no idea what to do next.

ReverendVerse, Jul 27, 2018
  4. CPU jumps to 100 and fans sound like jet engines

CPU Fan runs constantly

Hi,

We would like to know the following information to assist you better regarding CPU fan issue.

• Does the fan runs constantly fast or do you hear any noise?
    • Have you tried updating all the drivers of your computer?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?
    • What is the memory/disk usage in task manager?

You may check this by typing Task Manager in the search box
      and hit Enter. Check which application
      is taking more memory or disk usage.

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

CPU jumps to 100 and fans sound like jet engines

1. CPU jumps to 100 and fans sound like jet engines - Similar Threads - CPU jumps 100

2. CPU on high usage and fans on "JET ENGINE", stops when opening taskmanager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU on high usage and fans on "JET ENGINE", stops when opening taskmanager: Hello,I have this problem that occurs the sec. my laptop reaches Windows 11 logon screen, CPU usage is very high and fans spin like crazy to cool it off and this persists for hours if I let it. The funny thing is that it stops the sec. I open task manager and if it stays open...
  3. CPU on high usage and fans on "JET ENGINE", stops when opening taskmanager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU on high usage and fans on "JET ENGINE", stops when opening taskmanager: Hello,I have this problem that occurs the sec. my laptop reaches Windows 11 logon screen, CPU usage is very high and fans spin like crazy to cool it off and this persists for hours if I let it. The funny thing is that it stops the sec. I open task manager and if it stays open...
  4. cpu fan overspeeds like in overload on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cpu fan overspeeds like in overload on laptop: This problem has started after I installed windows 11. I thought it was overloading at first because it was rarely happening and didn't last long. But it has gone worse. Now it happens every day. And it keeps going for hours. I tried installing new drivers and checked for...
  5. cpu fan overspeeds like in overload on laptop

cpu fan overspeeds like in overload on laptop: This problem has started after I installed windows 11. I thought it was overloading at first because it was rarely happening and didn't last long. But it has gone worse. Now it happens every day. And it keeps going for hours. I tried installing new drivers and checked for...
  6. Computer sounds like car engine/motorcycle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer sounds like car engine/motorcycle: Hey, i'm having issues inside my laptop i used it for the last few days and my fan noise that runs my laptop is making car engine sounds what do i do to fix it? is there a way for me to bring it back to normal...
  7. Computer sounds like car engine/motorcycle

Computer sounds like car engine/motorcycle: Hey, i'm having issues inside my laptop i used it for the last few days and my fan noise that runs my laptop is making car engine sounds what do i do to fix it? is there a way for me to bring it back to normal...
  8. Computer sounds like car engine/motorcycle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. I don’t know how this happened and my fan is running like a jet engine..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don’t know how this happened and my fan is running like a jet engine..: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IgyYut [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gi4yi0/i_dont_know_how_this_happened_and_my_fan_is/
  10. Unusally high CPU usage by system processes. Fan running like a jet engine as a result.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unusally high CPU usage by system processes. Fan running like a jet engine as a result.: I have recently been noticing that random system processes such as SearchUI.exe and LockApp.exe are eating enormous amounts of CPU power when they have never done so before. A virus scan revealed no malicious software on the computer. I noticed this happened after installing...