Windows 10: CPU load

Discus and support CPU load in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have PC Matic on my Windows 10 computer and scan the computer once a week. Last week my CPU load Test went from 6% to 31%! Would Windows cause this??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by snikr, Nov 21, 2017.

1. snikr Win User

CPU load

I have PC Matic on my Windows 10 computer and scan the computer once a week. Last week my CPU load Test went from 6% to 31%! Would Windows cause this?? I've had a couple of "issues" with Win10 lately and am wondering if Windows is the cause should I format my drive and install Win10 clean.

:)

snikr, Nov 21, 2017
  2. Sluge1 Win User

Strange system load after ~5 min of inactivity

Hello,

On my notebook Lenovo Z701 with Windows 10 installed I noticed a strange CPU load: after 5 min of user inactivity System process loads CPU at 30%. If I move the mouse, Sysytem process stops loading CPU. Is it a normal behavior?

Sluge1, Nov 21, 2017
  3. Windows 10, Settings, Update & Security, Recovery, Go Back to Windows 8.1

Although I have an 8 processor extreme, I watch cpu loading routinely. As far as processor loading is concerned, there is no reason to worrying about cpu activity on Win 10.

Renee

Renee Culver, Nov 21, 2017
  4. CPU load

Could you explain the issues you've been having with Windows lately?

Were you using the PC when the scan was running? 31% load on a modern CPU is practically nothing to worry about. With about 20 or so threads open in Chrome for TenForums and Pandora, my CPU is hovering around 70%.

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 22, 2017
  5. lx07 Win User
    Really? You should not be using 70% CPU looking at static web pages. Something is wrong there.

If I open 20 tabs for tenfoums my CPU is about 2% and NONE of it is from the browser. Lots of memory, sure but CPU? Doing what?

6. FerchogtX Win User
    I agree... your browsers are taking a lot of CPU time... I have a youtube tab in background + this one and only use 5%... Using Firefox of course.

FerchogtX, Nov 22, 2017
  7. snikr Win User
    No real big issues with Windows 10 yet (a little slow once in a while). And I do NOT have any programs running while I scan with PC Matic. From what everyone is saying 31% is no big deal. I was just wondering as I did not know for sure. Just wondering why it changed is all.

snikr, Nov 22, 2017
  8. CPU load

Hi,
    If you haven't reviewed your 10 update/ Advance options/ Choose how updates are delivered settings you should
    It has some wild default settings.

ThrashZone, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

CPU load

1. CPU load - Similar Threads - CPU load

2. my cpu load spikes whenever I move my mouse at all, leading to heavy stuttering, this just...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my cpu load spikes whenever I move my mouse at all, leading to heavy stuttering, this just...: also when I try to run and or right click on anything in my desktop it takes super long to load, and by anything I mean anything, a few days ago settings would take about 1-2 seconds to open and load, now it takes around 10.I have a less than 1 month non-used i7-12000f so I...
  3. my cpu load spikes whenever I move my mouse at all, leading to heavy stuttering, this just...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my cpu load spikes whenever I move my mouse at all, leading to heavy stuttering, this just...: also when I try to run and or right click on anything in my desktop it takes super long to load, and by anything I mean anything, a few days ago settings would take about 1-2 seconds to open and load, now it takes around 10.I have a less than 1 month non-used i7-12000f so I...
  4. CPU temp very high on low load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU temp very high on low load: I've noticed since a few days ago, my PC fans have been running very hard. I thought it was the settings on BIOS, so I checked and the settings were still the same. However, once I dug deeper and used RealTemps to check the temps of my CPU, turns out it's my CPU that is...
  5. CPU temp very high on low load

CPU temp very high on low load: I've noticed since a few days ago, my PC fans have been running very hard. I thought it was the settings on BIOS, so I checked and the settings were still the same. However, once I dug deeper and used RealTemps to check the temps of my CPU, turns out it's my CPU that is...
  6. BSOD while CPU on low load

BSOD while CPU on low load: I have AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, a few months after using this PC it started freezing and gettings BSOD errors, always different errors all related to memory it always happens when CPU is under 20% utilization.I did RAM tests and SSD tests, tried taking off RAM sticks and putting...
  7. BSOD while CPU on low load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while CPU on low load: I have AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, a few months after using this PC it started freezing and gettings BSOD errors, always different errors all related to memory it always happens when CPU is under 20% utilization.I did RAM tests and SSD tests, tried taking off RAM sticks and putting...
  8. BSOD while CPU on low load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Intel® Core™ i7-11700F fails CPU load and causes BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel® Core™ i7-11700F fails CPU load and causes BSOD: I recently started noticing my games crashing and immediately got concerned. I have experienced my games crashing once and a while but never this much. At first I believed it was a virus of some kind so I ran my Norton test but nothing game back. to be safe I reset my...
  10. Intel® Core™ i7-11700F fails CPU load and causes BSOD

Intel® Core™ i7-11700F fails CPU load and causes BSOD: I recently started noticing my games crashing and immediately got concerned. I have experienced my games crashing once and a while but never this much. At first I believed it was a virus of some kind so I ran my Norton test but nothing game back. to be safe I reset my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phkne cpu load