Windows 10: CPU not showing temp in Open hardware monitor or core temp

Discus and support CPU not showing temp in Open hardware monitor or core temp in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; CPU not showing temp in Open hardware monitor or core temp Used to show ok, I am certain...In the BIOS when I boot the PC it shows ok approx 60-65oC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by reddwarf4ever, Jan 4, 2016.

1. CPU not showing temp in Open hardware monitor or core temp

CPU not showing temp in Open hardware monitor or core temp

Used to show ok, I am certain...In the BIOS when I boot the PC it shows ok approx 60-65oC

But not in the aforementioned apps....cant think why

Thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Jan 4, 2016

2. Since the upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7, I get very low FPS (4 to 50)

I only play that one game so I don't know if any other games would show the same FPS rate. Every thing else is opening fine and boots to desktop quickly. In talking with some friends they told me to check the CPU temp because that could be the problem.
    I found when the computer is just idle the temp of all four core is mid 70C but when I login to the game the temp goes to 95C on the cores. Even now with just the browser open my temp is running hot. So my question now is why does windows 10 cause my CPU
    to work so hard? I am using Corsair Hydro 100 as my CPU cooler.

CPU not showing temp in Open hardware monitor or core temp [​IMG]

spnelson2000, Jan 4, 2016
  3. kjl1956 Win User
    Cpu performance on windows 10

AMD 1055t 6x 2.8 ghz, clock speed 800 mhz to 2.8, turbo 3.3 ghz on 3 cores ( the way the cpu was designed .

1511 the cpu worked as it should but on 1607 all 6 cores are hitting the turbo max and not downclocking.

Temps according to speccy and core temp show cpu and system components are within acceptable ranges

on a full load.

My question is if this is a win10 driver bug or the os getting the most out of the cpu ?

The other issue is that all cores are locked to the same frequency and not running independently.

This cpu and motherboard are not "locked".

On a very old AMD 9500 and 3350m cpu's they work independently on all cores as well as

a 9370

kjl1956, Jan 4, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Those programs are not reliable for AMD platform, This AMD OverDrive™ Technology
    should give you much better look at what's going on. For temperatures look at "Temperature margin" Higher, the better at 10c or so it will start throttling like crazy. It also provides many more details than any other monitoring program.

CountMike, Jan 5, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    Core Temp has been the most reliable out of any, since the software writer has been keeping it updated, compared to other programs.

I have never had any issues with Core Temp reporting proper temp's with AMD CPU's. Now there are some out there that may be newer CPU's, that the writer of Core Temp needs the logs from the program, in order to update.

As long as the user is not doing anything unusual, Core Temp should be reporting the proper temps.

The only thing that most users will not benefit from using the AMD Overdrive software, is that it is directed towards the gamers, not casual users.

bro67, Jan 5, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    Now why would AMD Overdrive be for gamers, not casual or any other users ? It's much more detailed for troubleshooting and OCing purposes. It is also only AMD specific program. all of the rest are more geared toward Intel platform. There are also programs that come from parts manufacturers and are for specific makes of MB as well as GPUs.

CountMike, Jan 5, 2016
  7. Hi
    I am certain I used to see the CPU temps with both these programs.....when i boot into the bios the temp is displayed perfectly, so I assume from this the sensor must be ok...the only change I have made....and it may have been after this issue i cant remember.. i turned off cpu parking as this is meant to improve performance.....no doubt someone here will yell me i shouldnt have done that and that it makes no difference LOL

reddwarf4ever, Jan 5, 2016
  8. CountMike New Member

No, it CAN make difference, every split second it looses while unparking can make difference. It's always turned off when OCing or troubleshooting. In normal use with programs that don't have such load fluctuations like games is OK.
    Did you try AOD ?

CountMike, Jan 5, 2016
  9. Hi
    No, not yet....using IPAD at moment, will turn the PC on a try....I have turned perking OFF....so will this affect temperature reporting ?
    I used a registry file to add the parking option within power options, it has a value 0-100% its current
    y at 100% so i assume this means no parking....am i correct ?
    I was told turning off parking can do no harm and will improve performance....is this wrong ? should i turn it back to normal ? would a setting of 0% be the normal parking option in power options ?

sorry just want to be clear...

10. CountMike New Member
    My processors are always OCed to max, no power or other saving modes and running 24/7, as long as cooling is good, no problem. With core parking/unparking all the time voltage fluctuates too and with it temperature and other readings which are not always in sync and not instant either.
    AOD has logging too so you can see how everything was behaving over time. Don't have that cor parking for my processor but in CCC I set power savings at 100% minimum and 100% max so it stays on max all the time.

CountMike, Jan 5, 2016
  11. apparently, according to what i have fead core parking only works for intel CPU's is this correct ?

12. CountMike New Member
    It's core boost on AMD, same thing but other way around.

CountMike, Jan 5, 2016
  13. CPU not showing temp in Open hardware monitor or core temp

I have AMD CPU
    but have this in power options....doesnt say core boost, or is that just how it is named ?

CPU not showing temp in Open hardware monitor or core temp [​IMG]

Ps I ran OMD overdrive and it shutdown my PC, is it supposed to do that ?

reddwarf4ever, Jan 9, 2016
  14. CountMike New Member
    No, it's not supposed to do that, use measurements only, don't try over/under clocking with it.

CountMike, Jan 9, 2016
  15. Thanks will try again, maybe it was unrelated

what about the option in power options....is that correct for an AMD CPU

reddwarf4ever, Jan 9, 2016
Thema:

1. CPU not showing temp in Open hardware monitor or core temp - Similar Threads - CPU showing temp

2. %temp% not opening in run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    %temp% not opening in run: i already tried sfc /scannow it did not fix, it keeps asking me what app to open with https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-not-opening-in-run/3f293b8e-fcb2-4e3d-8411-7ba0358df10a
  3. %temp% not opening in run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    %temp% not opening in run: i already tried sfc /scannow it did not fix, it keeps asking me what app to open with https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-not-opening-in-run/3f293b8e-fcb2-4e3d-8411-7ba0358df10a
  4. Core Temp in Task Manger ...

Core Temp in Task Manger ...: I use Core Temp. I have configured it so it starts with Windows. I expect to see it in the Task Manager's start tab, it's not there. Any thoughts? -thx 167713
  5. Windows stock GPU and CPU temp monitoring.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows stock GPU and CPU temp monitoring.: Can someone help me figure out what shortcut I used to do this? I don't have any software that monitors my CPU and GPU temps so I think this is from Windows 10. submitted by /u/simba_the_dog [link] [comments]...
  6. BSOD - Normal cpu temps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Normal cpu temps: This has happened twice so far, and before my csgo has been randomly crashing. Ive had my cpu temps and gpu temps open on seperate monitors and the temperatures were all normal. Idk where to start in trying to fix this, and I need to fix it quickly because I play csgo...
  7. CPU Temp Questions

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Temp Questions: Hi All I checked with RealTemp GT (believe is multi core part of it) was going up to the High 70's and 80's, Ambient Temp of apartment around 75F (room doesn't feel hot to myself, just comfy) Running Windows Defender for moment, (not sure if that could raise the temps or...
  8. CPU Temp Monitor

CPU Temp Monitor: Is there CPU Temp Monitor, like CoreTemp, that supports AMD Ryzen? 81760
  9. A tool to monitor CPU and GPU temps and bandwidth.

A tool to monitor CPU and GPU temps and bandwidth.: Hi, can you all recommend me a tool that will help me monitor my CPU and GPU temperature? Previously on 7 I used to use gadgets but I no longer want to use them or they cannot be used with Windows 10 either. I also want to monitor my bandwidth. Can someone please help...
  10. Very high CPU Temps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very high CPU Temps: Hi I turned my PC on this morning as I do every morning but instead of behaving like it normally does the fans started spinning 100%. So I checked the temps in the BIOS and the CPU is running at 89c. I have cleaned off and reapplied the thermal paste. I used Arctic...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cpu temps not showing in any software programme

2. core temp not showing cpu core temp

3. open hardware monitor not showing temp

4. open hardware monitor cpu temperature not appearing