Windows 10: Cpu running at 76- 90 at idle how long can i let it run like this.

Discus and support Cpu running at 76- 90 at idle how long can i let it run like this. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My cpu cooler which is a stock intel cooler works however the little latches that lock it into place on my motherboard have broken over the years and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by stephon972, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Cpu running at 76- 90 at idle how long can i let it run like this.

My cpu cooler which is a stock intel cooler works however the little latches that lock it into place on my motherboard have broken over the years and its time for a new one. It is still installed but because of the latches it is unable to cool my pc properly. I will order a new one from Amazon and it will be delivered in 2 days. However if I was to keep using my pc during that time. would it fry my cpu? it currently runs between 76- 90 celcius.

:)

stephon972, Dec 27, 2017

2. High CPU usage (60-70%) without processes running on Windows 10

Hi,

Are you referring to the System Idle Process? If the System Idle Process is high, around 70% - 90%, in the CPU column of the Task Manager. And, you're not running any programs or perhaps just a few. It is normal for it to be high because the processor is
    not doing much at the moment. So, if your System Idle process is using 60% - 70% of your CPU, it means you're actually using 40% - 30% of it.

Rolando Vil, Dec 27, 2017
  3. Runtimebroker.exe high cpu

Having the same issue. When pc is at idle with runtime broker running the CPU is at nearly 90% usage with fans going like crazy, but previously with windows 8.1 at idle the CPU would be at about 3%. I've tried all suggestions mentioned but the only thing
    that will stop it from running is the registry hack but now I've noticed all notifications have stopped like mail. But I guess it's better than letting the PC run hot at 100% CPU. This is ridiculous, if i knew windows 10 was going to have such a major issue
    like this I would of never upgraded. Now I don't know what to do, should I go back to windows 8.1 but it says you only have a month after upgrading to windows 10 to do so, or do I wait for windows to provide a solution. I don't want to be stuck with an operating
    systems that makes my PC worse and slows it down and doesn't fully function because I have to mess with the registry.

Hope windows provides a solution really soon.

NatalieSucanji, Dec 27, 2017
  4. Cpu running at 76- 90 at idle how long can i let it run like this.

The motherboard should turn the pc off if it gets to a temp that it deems too high for safe operation *Smile

kingtez1984, Dec 27, 2017
  5. The CPU will throttle itself if it gets too hot (unless you disabled that option in BIOS like many overclockers do). If the CPU reaches a critical temperature it will shut itself off and tell the motherboard to cut power to everything else.

PolarNettles, Dec 29, 2017
  6. Geneo Win User
    Personally I would not dally replacing the cooler if it idles that high. It will degrade your cpu. If it is idling that high then it must be over 100 if you do anything with it and it must be performing poorly because of the throttling. The throttling doesn't make it "safe", it is not meant to be run that way for long.

Geneo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cpu running at 76- 90 at idle how long can i let it run like this.

1. Cpu running at 76- 90 at idle how long can i let it run like this. - Similar Threads - Cpu running idle

2. My cpu is running at 100% when idle.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My cpu is running at 100% when idle.: When i don't use my pc for 5-10 minutes, the cpu jumps to 100% and the fan starts going crazy, but right after i move my mouse the cpu goes back to 1%.It seems that when i leave task manager open this doesn't happen. Also now my pc won't turn off when i put it in sleep mode,...
  3. My cpu is running at 100% when idle.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My cpu is running at 100% when idle.: When i don't use my pc for 5-10 minutes, the cpu jumps to 100% and the fan starts going crazy, but right after i move my mouse the cpu goes back to 1%.It seems that when i leave task manager open this doesn't happen. Also now my pc won't turn off when i put it in sleep mode,...
  4. My cpu is running at 100% when idle.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't run fallout 76

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't run fallout 76: Hello! I Bought Xbox game pass in Microsoft store to play Fallout 76 Forza 4 and Dishonored 2. When I had installed these games, I found that i can't run Fallout 76 but I could play Dishonored and Forza. I tried to fix it by deleting settings file in My documents/my...
  6. High CPU Usage at idle - Unarchiver running

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High CPU Usage at idle - Unarchiver running: For some reason, when I leave my computer at idle, I can hear the fans on my rad spin up. I have a rainmeter skin that shows my top process at it reads "unarchiver" with my CPU idling at about 50c and running at full clock. What's weird is that when I start up task manager,...
  7. What is pximouse? it's running my CPU to 90% Need help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is pximouse? it's running my CPU to 90% Need help: Hello, I am seeing an app running in my taskbar naming pximouse. it's running about 90% of my computers CPU. but I didn't get any warnings or notifications from windows defender. My PC has become slow too. What should I do? Any type of help will be appreciated. [ATTACH]...
  8. long running scripts-

long running scripts-: how do you get rid of them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/long-running-scripts/3caf0be8-dca2-4062-bbd4-93ce3c3b1fa4
  9. CPU usage constantly running at 20% on idle, along with fans running loudly on idle.

CPU usage constantly running at 20% on idle, along with fans running loudly on idle.: Hi. I have a couple of questions about why my CPU is running at 20% while idle. Along the CPU running at 20% is the memory, constantly running at the same as the CPU. I've reinstalled all the drivers for my Alienware 17 r5 using official Microsoft means, I've run a bunch...
  10. run time error 76 path not found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    run time error 76 path not found: I get this error when I try to open bible library 7 program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-time-error-76-path-not-found/0b48a4d0-fba5-4fd1-b165-134ebef83341