Windows 10: CPU running at higher frequency, how to reset?

Discus and support CPU running at higher frequency, how to reset? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good morning, I need your assistance. The other day I was in Task Manager and clicked on CPU under the performance tab, the frequency of the CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hackett, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Hackett Win User

CPU running at higher frequency, how to reset?

Good morning, I need your assistance.

The other day I was in Task Manager and clicked on CPU under the performance tab, the frequency of the CPU increased. The MSI notebook is running fine, but how do I reset set the speed back to where it was? Here is a screen shot taken a few minutes ago. I entered bios and reset to defaults but nothing has changed since doing that.

CPU running at higher frequency, how to reset? [​IMG]

:)

Hackett, Feb 9, 2017
  2. ALOK-DASH Win User

BSOD after RAM upgrade on Windows 10 pro 64 bit

Hi

I have emailed all details to Kingston tech support, ANZ. They are working on it. memtest86, starts running for 3 seconds, and the system reboots, so there is no conclusive report generated to suggest that the memory has problems.

Before buying the RAM, I have cross checked with Crucialscan, the specs of the motherboard and cpu, all of which suggest it supports upto 8gb of RAM, but the RAM may not run on a higher frequency like 1600 or 2133 MHz, because the frequency supported by
    the motherboard is 1333mhz, and the cpu has an integrated memory controller and limites that to 800mhz.

And Kingston RAM specs say, it can run at lower frequencies and we do not have to do any changes for that.

And, indeed, when I installed Windows 7 pro 32 bit, cpu-z reports show that RAM is running at 399mhz each unit, totalling to 800mhz.

So, the conclusion here is difficult, and hence all chaos over this because, Windows 10 64 bit and memtest86 behave in similar manner, whereas, Windows 7 pro 32 bit is fine with it. Don't have the facility to check with Windows 7 64 bit or Windows 10 32
    bit though.

Unable to do that this point of time.

ALOK-DASH, Feb 9, 2017
  3. mcooi77 Win User
    BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE on Windows 10

I have not overclocked anything. What does this information mean? How is the CPU running above it's max frequency?

mcooi77, Feb 9, 2017
  4. Win10Pro Win User

Hi, English is not my first language so maybe it's a matter of linguistic problem but I don't understand what exactly you want to reset, and to what previous state you are referring to?

8% with 139 processes running in the background doesn't seem to me a big deal.

Win10Pro, Feb 9, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Odd. It appears to be running at 3.17GHz, faster than the stated maximum speed of 2.60GHz.

Bree, Feb 9, 2017
  6. pparks1 Win User
    The standard clock is 2.6Ghz, but the Max Turbo Frequency is 3.50Ghz.

pparks1, Feb 9, 2017
  7. Hackett Win User
    It is running fine right now, I would prefer to rest the cpu back to the original frequency.

Yes, that is definitely what is is doing.
    It used to run at 2.6 but as mentioned in the original post when I clicked on cpu in the task manager under processes the speed increased.

Hackett, Feb 9, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Feb 9, 2017
  9. Hackett Win User
    Hackett, Feb 9, 2017
  10. Hackett Win User
    Hackett, Feb 9, 2017
  11. Why? Just why? What is wrong with leaving the TurboBoost on? If you are concerned about battery it usually turns that down automatically, unless you are using the High Performance power plan.

logicearth, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. CPU running at higher frequency, how to reset? - Similar Threads - CPU running higher

2. how to fix cpu stuck at minimum frequency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix cpu stuck at minimum frequency: i went to start my pc today and noticed it running very slow. I noticed my cpu was running at .8mhz. how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-cpu-stuck-at-minimum-frequency/9af6dba4-d83d-44c0-8857-b2594aa7e0be
  3. how to fix cpu stuck at minimum frequency

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix cpu stuck at minimum frequency: i went to start my pc today and noticed it running very slow. I noticed my cpu was running at .8mhz. how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-cpu-stuck-at-minimum-frequency/9af6dba4-d83d-44c0-8857-b2594aa7e0be
  4. how to fix cpu stuck at minimum frequency

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. CPU running at max frequency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU running at max frequency: To lead off, nothing on my system is overclocked and the cpu has a min process state of 20%. So I unplugged my PC the other day to clean up around it and have had nothing but issues since getting it back together. Outside of an issue with my wifi adapter that fixed itself, my...
  6. CPU running at max frequency

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU running at max frequency: To lead off, nothing on my system is overclocked and the cpu has a min process state of 20%. So I unplugged my PC the other day to clean up around it and have had nothing but issues since getting it back together. Outside of an issue with my wifi adapter that fixed itself, my...
  7. Massive CPU frequency drop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Massive CPU frequency drop: Hello everyone. I have a strange problem. I have an Acer Aspire A715-75G 8GB, GTX 1650, i5-10300H. Every once in a while, my laptop freezes for about 4 or 5 seconds and then returns to normal. When it freezes, background activity continues, but I can no longer do anything...
  8. WMI provider host running at hight cpu 20% or higher

WMI provider host running at hight cpu 20% or higher: my cpu is showing WMI provider host running at or above 20% and causing the fan to run, how can I find and shut down the process causing the problem?...
  9. Too high frequency of CPU

Too high frequency of CPU: My CPU started working at 95% to 105% all the time. Could you help me how to get it back to the standby mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/too-high-frequency-of-cpu/642d599d-5ddd-4914-b49d-2d349172e739
  10. Random Freezes. Higher frequency while playing games

Random Freezes. Higher frequency while playing games: I made a similar thread earlier but then the PC stopped acting so bad. The only thing I did was use DDU to uninstall nVidia drivers and reinstall an older version. Now I have changed my GPU from nVidia to AMD because of the same problem but the problem still persists. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i7490 running higher frequency