Windows 10: cpu setting power manager , can you help me to setup?

Discus and support cpu setting power manager , can you help me to setup? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi may i ask a question about power manager and cpu ? i run windows 10 under a desktop there are 3 settings 1) minimum processor state 2) system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by drugo, Aug 13, 2015.

1. drugo Win User

cpu setting power manager , can you help me to setup?

Hi
    may i ask a question about power manager and cpu ?

i run windows 10 under a desktop
    there are 3 settings
    1) minimum processor state
    2) system cooling policy
    3) maximus processor state

what should i set in minimum processor state 5% or 10% or 100% ?
    from w7 forum
    to have the high performance could i set to 100% the minimum ?

thanks

:)

drugo, Aug 13, 2015
  2. Herman2 Win User

Resource Monitor and Task Manager showing incorrect CPU usage, or is my CPU capped at 33%?

Your CPU is not running at maximum frequency. See the first screenshot in the top next to the blue bar graph. I'd suggest to check the power settings of the laptop, and set it to "High Performance" (in windows 10 you will need to go to 'additional power
    settings'). You can also check the settings of the power plan to confirm it is not throttling the CPU, under advanced power settings and then processor power management. The CPU may also be throttled because of high temperatures.

Herman2, Aug 13, 2015
  3. bobblub Win User
    Processor Power Management isn't there

Hello! I have a laptop and i find that the fan is constantly on, and the sound is unbearably loud. I checked various YouTube tutorials and some suggested reducing the CPU's power consumption percentage in the processor power management area (after clicking
    advanced power settings). When I click advanced power settings, there is no section titled processor power management. is there a way to reduce the CPU's power consumption percentage, and why cant I find the processor power management section?

Thanks in advance cpu setting power manager , can you help me to setup? :)

bobblub, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Hydranix Win User

Set maximum processor state to 100%

Set minimum processor state to anything that suits your needs.
    For maximum performance, set minimum 100%, this will likely waste electricity and generate unnecessary heat.
    For maximum flexibility, set minimum to it's lowest option. Modern processors can easily switch frequency in fractions of milliseconds.

System Cooling Policy always set to active.

These settings are really only useful for battery powered devices.

Hydranix, Aug 13, 2015
  5. drugo Win User
    hi
    thanks for the answer
    which value should i use?
    by default i set maximum performance and windows 10 set to 100%

drugo, Aug 13, 2015
  6. Hydranix Win User
    It depends really.

Do you have a powerful computer? (either high performance, or very power hungry)

Do you often do things that require the CPU to run at 100%? (Like rendering graphics, compiling software, streaming, encoding, etc.)

Does your computer have adequate cooling?

Does your power bill concern you?

Does your motherboard offer it's own advanced thermal controls?

Hydranix, Aug 13, 2015
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    A good rule of thumb is MIN=20%, Max=100%. Even with a tower, this keeps the heat down, and CPU stays primed and ready.

f14tomcat, Aug 13, 2015
  8. drugo Win User

hi
    1)yes
    2)no
    3)not the best
    4) about the power bill ,seems it doesn't consume a lot
    5) yes
    thanks!!!!

i will set up like this even on my second pc windows 7
    thanks

drugo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. cpu setting power manager , can you help me to setup? - Similar Threads - cpu setting power

2. can you help me

in Windows 10 Customization
    can you help me: I changed my display in bios to UEFI from legacy in hopes to enable secure boot but it never worked, now when I turn my pc off and on my screen is black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-help-me/078300b5-113d-4fe6-b8aa-611b20f2af5c
  3. can you help me?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can you help me?: on my work computer, because the screen lock pin was entered incorrectly 3 times, it asks to enter A1B2C3, but the keyboard language is Russian and does not change in any way. Please help me....
  4. Can you help me?

Can you help me?: I'm trying to install Virtualbox from Oracle and getting this message. But I'm unsure if you can help me because it is not a Microsoft product. If you can't, then just let me know.Look forward to hearing your response....
  5. Can you help me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you help me?: I'm trying to install Virtualbox from Oracle and getting this message. But I'm unsure if you can help me because it is not a Microsoft product. If you can't, then just let me know.Look forward to hearing your response....
  6. can you help me with this?

can you help me with this?: I asked many questions here :https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-t-fix-issues-with-my-graphics-card/2f5e31b2-b780-4497-937b-2bb4055a3984?page=1but nothing worked."display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver AMD driver stopped...
  7. can you help me

in Windows 10 Customization
    can you help me: can you help me figure why my computer not 100 percent it is only 95 percent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-help-me/87ccddc5-3345-4cd9-9769-57a90e575cee
  8. Can you help me ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you help me ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rasquiMT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h8a7x7/can_you_help_me/
  9. Can you help me fix this? [Device Manager]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you help me fix this? [Device Manager]: Hi! The quick story is that I ran a fresh installation of Win10 on my old laptop (previously Win8.1). Mostly things are running well. Though I can't figure out, exactly, what this item is and where to find drivers for it. Any help is appreciated! Here's a screenshot for...
  10. Can you help me?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can you help me?: i cant find the SCENES command from Format for 3d models..please help me to enable it[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-help-me/cd7f5b75-00ab-43cb-813c-20fe3f325924