Windows 10: CPU utilization

Discus and support CPU utilization in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The new full-screen performance monitor (open task manager, click Performance, double-click the graph) sure is pretty. [img] 10389 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by thomash, Jul 30, 2015.

1. thomash Win User

CPU utilization

The new full-screen performance monitor (open task manager, click Performance, double-click the graph) sure is pretty.

CPU utilization [​IMG]

:)

thomash, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Vijay B Win User

CPU utilization >100%

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

The issue could be due to some Software/update causing the issue. I would suggest you to press the
    Shift key and hold the power button so that it will go to the
    recovery options, Select safe mode and boot to the desktop. Once you are able to boot to the desktop, check for the CPU utilization.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Jul 30, 2015
  3. ivanma72 Win User
    CPU utilization >100%

I recently upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10, and discovered a weird problem when opening task manager where CPU utilization was always at 100%. I did a clean install of Windows 10 to make sure it wasn't application specific, but still the same problem.

This problem is very strange because utilization doesn't seem to be tied to a specific process- it just always seems to add up to 100%. Resource monitor actually shows CPU Usage to be in the million%, which is definitely wrong. No performance degradation,
    CPU temps are very normal, and even third-party programs such as Speedfan and CoreTemp are reporting negligible CPU usage (1%-2% idle).

I have tried disabling all startup applications, doing sfc /scannow, viewing reliability history, and restarting multiple times. No luck

ivanma72, Jul 30, 2015
  4. CPU utilization

Was in Windows 8, everything new with task manager was in Windows 8.

logicearth, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

CPU utilization

1. CPU utilization - Similar Threads - CPU utilization

2. Find String QGREP Utility high cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Find String QGREP Utility high cpu: Hi I dont understand why but when I turn on the computer, it automatically runs Find String QGREP Utility. I have tried all the ways I found but they dont work....
  3. Find String QGREP Utility high cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find String QGREP Utility high cpu: Hi I dont understand why but when I turn on the computer, it automatically runs Find String QGREP Utility. I have tried all the ways I found but they dont work....
  4. Find String QGREP Utility high cpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Task Manager CPU utilization per process is wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager CPU utilization per process is wrong: Why does the CPU column value not reflect the true CPU utilization? When my CPU gets pinned at close to 100% for minutes at a time physically hearing fans go fast, and the PSU reporting HIGH wattage draw, trying to figure out the true CPU utilization of the offending...
  6. Task Manager CPU utilization per process is wrong

Task Manager CPU utilization per process is wrong: Why does the CPU column value not reflect the true CPU utilization? When my CPU gets pinned at close to 100% for minutes at a time physically hearing fans go fast, and the PSU reporting HIGH wattage draw, trying to figure out the true CPU utilization of the offending...
  7. My CPU utilization is 100% while gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My CPU utilization is 100% while gaming.: I was playing Dead space remake and I relize that my cpu utilization is 100%. I puted the graphics quality on low but it remains the same.after that i tried another games but it was the same. I have 100% cpu even on online games like The Finals!when I close these games the...
  8. My CPU utilization is 100% while gaming.

My CPU utilization is 100% while gaming.: I was playing Dead space remake and I relize that my cpu utilization is 100%. I puted the graphics quality on low but it remains the same.after that i tried another games but it was the same. I have 100% cpu even on online games like The Finals!when I close these games the...
  9. Why is my frame rate so low but my gpu and cpu utilization is only about 30%.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my frame rate so low but my gpu and cpu utilization is only about 30%.: Using HWiNFO, my gpu utiliztion limit is because of inactive clocks and my cpu utilization limit is because of max turbo limit. I have a 1080 ti, a ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING WIFI, 32 gigs of ram, and an i7 10700. I noticed low frames on my computer and did a factory reset today...
  10. Why is my frame rate so low but my gpu and cpu utilization is only about 30%.

Why is my frame rate so low but my gpu and cpu utilization is only about 30%.: Using HWiNFO, my gpu utiliztion limit is because of inactive clocks and my cpu utilization limit is because of max turbo limit. I have a 1080 ti, a ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING WIFI, 32 gigs of ram, and an i7 10700. I noticed low frames on my computer and did a factory reset today...