Windows 10: Crackling Audio When WiFi Adaptor is Enabled

Discus and support Crackling Audio When WiFi Adaptor is Enabled in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey peoples, wondering if you can give me a hand with this? The audio on my Surface 3 is making an annoying af crackling sound but only when my WiFi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stupot65, Nov 9, 2016.

1. stupot65 Win User

Crackling Audio When WiFi Adaptor is Enabled

Hey peoples, wondering if you can give me a hand with this?

The audio on my Surface 3 is making an annoying af crackling sound but only when my WiFi adaptor is enabled. When it's disabled audio is chill but I can't stream without WiFi (obvi)

Anyone know what to do?

:)

stupot65, Nov 9, 2016
  2. NeoZon Win User

Video I record has Crackling sound in audio. I notice it more in HD video. Why?

When, I record video, I get crackling sound in my audio. Why? Great video and audio for the most part but the crackling sound is annoying.

NeoZon, Nov 9, 2016
  3. JkJk77 Win User
    Difficulty with Windows 10 Microsoft Wifi Adaptor

I'm trying to host wifi with the Microsoft Wifi Adaptor but somehow it couldn't be started.

(I have tried this before and it worked.)

Crackling Audio When WiFi Adaptor is Enabled [​IMG]

When I checked the Device Manager, I found out that the network adaptors are 'hidden' and cannot be enabled.

Crackling Audio When WiFi Adaptor is Enabled [​IMG]

Could somebody please help me re-enable my wifi adaptor? Any help would be appreciated.

JkJk77, Nov 9, 2016
  4. fireberd Win User

That is a known problem on PC's and apparently the surface 3 has it too. I don't know if anything ever has been resolved with this.
    On a PC/Laptop running the free "Latency Mon" may help to identify the problems. Sometimes uninstalling the sound in the Device Manager then restarting Windows and let Windows reinstall it will help. Making sure you have the latest device drivers is another potential. Not sure if this is all applicable to a surface 3.

Resplendence Software - LatencyMon: suitability checker for real-time audio and other tasks

The Wi-Fi causing sound problems has been reported (many times) on the sevenforums and eightforums.

fireberd, Nov 9, 2016
  5. stupot65 Win User
    Yup, done that before I came here and it's telling us that it's a WLAN issue or possibly CPU throttling settings. I have tried reinstalling the driver but then it's like reinstalled after rebooting. Might it be worth uninstalling both and then installing them again?

stupot65, Nov 10, 2016
  6. fireberd Win User
    The sound is always on a shared IRQ (interrupt) with another higher priority device. Some times when you uninstall (in the device manager) and then on restart (you have to restart the PC, not just scan for new hardware) when Windows detects and reinstalls it, Windows will install it on a different shared IRQ which sometimes will help.

fireberd, Nov 10, 2016
  7. stupot65 Win User
    One shall try that as soon as. Been very busy with uni haha

stupot65, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Crackling Audio When WiFi Adaptor is Enabled - Similar Threads - Crackling Audio WiFi

2. audio crackling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio crackling: i have my headphones plugged in through my xbox controller so i can use the microphone aswell. all i hear is crackling after roughly 10 seconds of plugging them in. also when ever i change a setting they go back to normall then start crackling. any fixes?...
  3. audio crackling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio crackling: i have my headphones plugged in through my xbox controller so i can use the microphone aswell. all i hear is crackling after roughly 10 seconds of plugging them in. also when ever i change a setting they go back to normall then start crackling. any fixes?...
  4. Crackling Audio When Downloading

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crackling Audio When Downloading: Hey, I've been having this problem ever since I bought this headphones Razer Kraken TE but the thing is, that is only on my PC, when I plug my headphones to my laptop, and start to download something nothing happens, it's just on my desk PC, I think it's because it's old but...
  5. Crackling audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crackling audio: A while back I began having crackling audio (mainly in browsers) and eventually I just deleted the audio driver I was using (Realtek). which fixed it for a day. then the crackling returned, but only in browsers. I can't seem to find any fixes that don't require me to leave my...
  6. Audio Crackling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Crackling: I'm hearing this crackling sound coming from my headphones and speakers whenever a sound plays. I've tried other pairs of headphones and it still does it. I've also checked the connectors and wires and they all seem in good condition. I'm not sure if this is a driver issue,...
  7. Audio Crackling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Crackling: Hi, Lastly, my audio in some games started to crackle. I can start a game, play for a while, and then the audio starts to crackle. What also happens is that I can play for like 5 minutes and then my game freezes and the audio is crackling. Another problem is that after...
  8. Wifi Adaptor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Adaptor: I have a windows 10 laptop HP that when i plug a USB programming cable in the WIFI adaptor disables. The cable connects to a radio which has an IP address but i have used it fine before with WIFI. Now its treating the cable like its a ethernet cable. Thanks Mike...
  9. Audio crackling when computer is unplugged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio crackling when computer is unplugged: I'm on a Dell Inspiron 7370 with Windows 10 Whenever I try to play audio on my computer when its not charging, it comes out very slow and with a ton of static, it happens when my headphones are plugged in too but when I plug it back in for charging, it sounds perfectly fine...
  10. wifi adaptor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi adaptor: i just bought my laptop, sometimes the internet error when it's pluged in, what happen?, is it my software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wifi-adaptor/c7aeccaa-47bb-4235-8c69-d6c1ac9f915d