Windows 10: Crackling sound and lagging during games

Discus and support Crackling sound and lagging during games in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi! First of all, I'll try to explain my problem as detailed as I can, but since I've ran into so many walls during the past 2 days, I'm really not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Pilgrim0819, May 21, 2017.

1. Crackling sound and lagging during games

Hi!

First of all, I'll try to explain my problem as detailed as I can, but since I've ran into so many walls during the past 2 days, I'm really not sure where the problem lies.

So a few days ago I noticed, that my computer no longer sees my TV, connected via HDMI. As far as I know it way after the latest window update.

After that, when I was playing Prey, the game started to get really slow with a constantly crackling, distorted sound more and more often. Usually, stopping the Realtek drivers or switching to desktop and back solved it in the beginnning. Later I had to restart my computer and in the end it seemed it is only a matter of luck if the game starts normally or gets into this laggy state.

Anyways, I reinstalled the Realtek drivers and updated all my out-of-date drivers as well as reinstalled the nVidia drivers and was able to finish the game, but now nearly any game I try to play causes my system to lag and the sound is always crackling. Whats more, now when I try to start the Task Manager to see whats wrong or kill some processes almost every other time my system restarts.

I have diagnosed my processor as well as the VGA. As mentioned I have ALL of the drivers updated. It almost doesn't matter what game I try, the problem is always there. (The only game without problems was Roller Coaster Tycoon, but nowadays it's almost playable on a calculator, so...)

I'm not sure if it helps or has anything to do with the situation, but I had this prolbem with the Realtek drivers for a while now, but everytime I killed the process (NOT the Realtek HD Audio Manager) the problem went away. I've searched for a solution a few times, but always ended up with "resintall/update the drivers", which never solved it.

Please, if anyone experienced something like I wrote or have any idea where to look, help me as I am really lost here.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

:)

Pilgrim0819, May 21, 2017
  2. Endwar Win User

Low FPS and Stuttering after Windows 10 Creator Update

They are connected bot sound and slow load.

In world of warships after a 2-3 minutes when finally load game it start sound crackling until it fully load the game.

I have little details on ship and no camo until it is fully loaded and then only sound crackling less but still and I have off board Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatality card.

No problems until 1703 update.

There is a beta drivers fix on Nvidia site.

It helps a little.

warships no more slow load and sound crackling but tanks have sound crackling during load only but it load at normal speed

Endwar, May 21, 2017
  3. Endwar Win User
    Dell computer sound cutting out

I have similar problem but I see that almost everybody has it.

Sound crackling during youtube,MP4 and movie playback and sometimes in games also.

When Microsoft plan to fix that issue or they pushing us back to win 7

Endwar, May 21, 2017
  4. Crackling sound and lagging during games

Well, after a long and thorough search I've found that the problem does lie in the Windows 10 creators update. I was able to find a GeForce thread about it and tried a lot of things and although it is not perfect, all my games are playable again with almost undetectable little laggings. Oh and the fact my TV is still not visible as a second display.

If anyone happens to have the same issues as me, please try and search for "windows 10 creators update nvidia problems" or something like that and try every listed solutions one by one until you find the right one.

And hope Microsoft and/or nVidia addresses the problem as soon as possible.

Pilgrim0819, May 22, 2017
Thema:

Crackling sound and lagging during games

1. Crackling sound and lagging during games - Similar Threads - Crackling sound lagging

2. crackling sound?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crackling sound?: i joined the insider program to get a new windows 11 update then restarted and all my sound is crackling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/crackling-sound/94964467-f487-4e19-be07-6a2f6ae16553
  3. crackling sound?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    crackling sound?: i joined the insider program to get a new windows 11 update then restarted and all my sound is crackling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/crackling-sound/94964467-f487-4e19-be07-6a2f6ae16553
  4. Random stutter during which mouse lags and there is crackling sound on my under warrant hp...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random stutter during which mouse lags and there is crackling sound on my under warrant hp...: Model: Hp pavilion 15.6" gaming laptopCPU: Ryzen 5 5600hGPU: Gtx 1650Ram: 8GB-3200MHz [DDR4]During this stutter the following log shows in even viewerThe access history in hive \??\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Provisioning\Microsoft-Desktop-Provisioning-Sequence.dat was cleared...
  5. Random stutter during which mouse lags and there is crackling sound on my under warrant hp...

Random stutter during which mouse lags and there is crackling sound on my under warrant hp...: Model: Hp pavilion 15.6" gaming laptopCPU: Ryzen 5 5600hGPU: Gtx 1650Ram: 8GB-3200MHz [DDR4]During this stutter the following log shows in even viewerThe access history in hive \??\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Provisioning\Microsoft-Desktop-Provisioning-Sequence.dat was cleared...
  6. Random stutter during which mouse lags and there is crackling sound on my under warrant hp...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Crackling sound

Crackling sound: Hi all,I have a strange symptom I can't get repaired my self, please help.The symptoms I am experiencing:1. A crackling sound through my speakers when sound plays. It doesn't matter what application i use. 2. When the PC gets really busy, music slows down a bit it's not...
  8. Sound crackling and lag

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound crackling and lag: Every time I watch videos/Play game, Sound lag/error comes. the sound pauses repeatedly in seconds and makes a noise like "beeeeeps". I have tried all the ways, sometimes it works and sometimes not. I tried to roll back sound driver on device manager I tried to uninstall...
  9. Lag during Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag during Games: Hi i have a fps issue during my games such as fifa18, GTA V, AC Origin and ... as you can see in the picture my 3d gpu and disk usage maxed at 100% and cpu usage drops a little and in this moment i have lags in the game can anyone say what could be the reason? thanks in...
  10. Sound Crackles

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Crackles: Whenever I'm watching a stream or playing a game with a stream my sound crackles and pops. I'm using Sennhieser PC 363d and I've tried another headset and also speakers and I'm still experiencing the sound issues. It started happening about 3 weeks ago when I started playing...