Windows 10: crash after recent update

Discus and support crash after recent update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; after the update my laptop now loads to a blank desktop and cant operate anything , and have the error message : location is not available ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by blackart1, Jul 13, 2018.

1. blackart1 Win User

crash after recent update

after the update my laptop now loads to a blank desktop and cant operate anything , and have the error message : location is not available , c:windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable . etc please see pictures attached , this has been going on for a while now and numerous times speaking to your support team with no help from them really just keep saying a fix will be released soon , this update has ruined a perfect running laptop , thanks ! please sort this out . crash after recent update [​IMG]

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Desktop]

:)

blackart1, Jul 13, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 13, 2018
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

4. crash after recent update

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

crash after recent update

1. crash after recent update - Similar Threads - crash recent update

2. Windows 11, file explorer crashing after the recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, file explorer crashing after the recent update: I have updated my windows yesterday. Now I am unable to open the File Explorer. It instantly crashes whenever I try to open any folder.Steps I tried with no avail: - check disk- starting in a Safe Mode- removing Bad and BagMRU in registry...
  3. Windows 11, file explorer crashing after the recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, file explorer crashing after the recent update: I have updated my windows yesterday. Now I am unable to open the File Explorer. It instantly crashes whenever I try to open any folder.Steps I tried with no avail: - check disk- starting in a Safe Mode- removing Bad and BagMRU in registry...
  4. Windows 10 crashes after recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashes after recent update: Hello,My windows 10 started to crash after the recent update.I have checked that the computer is up to date with updates and drivers are recent as well.Here is the link to the minidump file. Would it be possible for someone to have a look and tell me what is happening...
  5. Windows 10 crashes after recent updates

Windows 10 crashes after recent updates: Hello, My PC started to have some problems after recent updates, it crashes every 5-10 minutes with different stop codes: Page fault, watch dog violation, kmode exception not handled and so on. System is AMD Ryzen5 2600X, AS rock master sli X470, RTX2070. Can't figure out...
  6. Recent Update Crashes Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent Update Crashes Computer: Ever since the update last night my computer won’t boot up to the login page. It flashes on screen then locks on a black screen. Fix this ASAP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-update-crashes-computer/808edccb-a4f1-484e-b7dd-d5b44111d5f8
  7. Blue screen crashes after recent W10 update

Blue screen crashes after recent W10 update: Around the time of the last W10 update installation, I have been getting frequent Blue screen crashes and auto restart (Kernel Mode Heap Corruption). [ATTACH] Despite spending many hours trying to identify, so far I have failed to find a culprit. I have now collected the...
  8. Microsoft Photos app crashes after recent update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos app crashes after recent update.: Hi, The Microsoft Photos app recently got updated on my PC, after which I noticed a new App start appearing in my Start Menu: Video Editor. However, after this update, both the Microsoft Photos app as well as the new Video Editor app, both crash when starting up....
  9. crash after recent update

in Windows 10 Customization
    crash after recent update: after the update my laptop now loads to a blank desktop and cant operate anything , and have the error message : location is not available , c:windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable . etc please see pictures attached , this has been going on for a while...
  10. Recent update causes game to crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent update causes game to crash: After the last update I get a game crash in COD 2 BO. I get a message of unhanded exception caught. I get a freeze screen that can not be closed without rebooting the computer. This is the event. Faulting application name: t6sp.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x50c7e945...