Windows 10: Crash during reset my laptop lost everything ,Desktop is unavailable

Discus and support Crash during reset my laptop lost everything ,Desktop is unavailable in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was reset my laptop when it try to download windows at 4% my laptop crash (the blue sceen with the sad face) then it restart and it show the message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KyLe9, Jul 29, 2018.

1. KyLe9 Win User

Crash during reset my laptop lost everything ,Desktop is unavailable

I was reset my laptop when it try to download windows at 4% my laptop crash (the blue sceen with the sad face) then it restart and it show the message C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you're connected to the network or internet, and then try again. If the location still can't be found, it might have been moved or deleted. - OK Then I click ok after that I only see recycle bin and task bar, which can not do anything background is black I tried everything but it not work PLZ help me fix thisproblem THANK YOU my english is not good hope you guy understand what i try to say.Crash during reset my laptop lost everything ,Desktop is unavailable [​IMG]

:)

KyLe9, Jul 29, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 29, 2018
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Crash during reset my laptop lost everything ,Desktop is unavailable

Random laptop crashes in games.

thats alright bro, If it does turn out to be an overheating issue, I'll let you take all the credit for suggesting it

FreedomEclipse, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

Crash during reset my laptop lost everything ,Desktop is unavailable

1. Crash during reset my laptop lost everything ,Desktop is unavailable - Similar Threads - Crash during reset

2. I was reseting my zed air laptop and lost power during windows installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I was reseting my zed air laptop and lost power during windows installation: My laptop lost power during installing windows 10 and I press ok but it gives me the same screen over and over again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-reseting-my-zed-air-laptop-and-lost-power/0760cc47-7e96-42b7-acad-ee5ba777ef18
  3. Computer lost power during reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer lost power during reset.: I was resetting my computer earlier and while doing so I lost power. I believe I was about 14% through the "Resetting this PC" phase when power is lost. I chose the "remove everything" option when I began the reset. I have 2 questions#1 - Is any of the information on the...
  4. Computer lost power during reset.

Computer lost power during reset.: I was resetting my computer earlier and while doing so I lost power. I believe I was about 14% through the "Resetting this PC" phase when power is lost. I chose the "remove everything" option when I began the reset. I have 2 questions#1 - Is any of the information on the...
  5. Computer lost power during reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Laptop restart-lost everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop restart-lost everything: Hi, The other day my laptop froze, so i left it for around 12 hours, but it was still froze after that time. So i pressed the power button for longer to try and turn it off but it restarted my whole laptop. I have lost all of my documents, pictures etc, everything. To make...
  7. Apps lost during reset

Apps lost during reset: Anyway to reclaim apps lost during a reset? Checked downloads. Not there. I managed to save all files, but lost all apps. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-lost-during-reset/bcb6081d-d141-4449-b5bb-8e3fa2549f32
  8. My Laptop Froze during a Reset

My Laptop Froze during a Reset: My current laptop is frozen on 47% during a reset and I dont know what to do to fix this. Im too scared too turn it off incase I have to install windows for $100. Can somebody help me?...
  9. Reset my laptop and lost my purchase

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Reset my laptop and lost my purchase: hi, so i recently reset my laptop and i went to go and play minecraft for a bit, i get onto the main menu and click sign in but it asks me to "unlock full version" and takes me to microsoft store and tells me to buy it again, so can i get it back or is it just gone for good...
  10. Lost everything in Desktop and Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost everything in Desktop and Documents folder: I had been using Windows 10 at home with a local account after the PC was updated from Windows 7. Everything was fine even after I changed the account to a newly applied Microsoft account. However, all the files under Desktop and Documents were gone after a major Windows...