Windows 10: CRASH - mobo burned, how to get a new GWX?

Discus and support CRASH - mobo burned, how to get a new GWX? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings. My mobo died last week, and I am up and running again with a new installed windows 8.1. BUt allthough I have done all updates, I don't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Burgurne, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Burgurne Win User

CRASH - mobo burned, how to get a new GWX?

Greetings.
    My mobo died last week, and I am up and running again with a new installed windows 8.1. BUt allthough I have done all updates, I don't have the GWX app*sarc.
    The reservation I made earlier is useless now, as I had to install from scratch. How do I sign up for another reservation? This installation has now run for about a week, so I would think the app should be here by now?

:)

Burgurne, Jul 9, 2015

2. Windows 10 Choose Keyboard Layout

Dear friend

yes I said on any system, but oldest system I tested dated to 2011

As to your mobo why not buy inexpensive but excellent Celeron G1830 and equal H81 mobo? this pair costs less than $100

Your motherboard is really old, I have 2 new mobos each year and either burn them accidentally or give them to those who need it, next year.

FarrukhBaykabulov, Jul 9, 2015
  3. J.DD Win User
    Activation after replaceing motherboard

Is the replacement mobo the same mobo as the old mobo?

If it is, nothing will change. If the mobo is different, you could connect the hdd, it'll probably install drivers for the new mobo.

But it'll keep the drivers from the previous mobo on the hdd as well

It may or may not stay activated tho. You'll have to give MS a ring

BUT, if the old and the new mobo use different chipsets, then it'd be better doing a clean install.

Because you will have probs, if you install different chipset drivers / and drivers on one hdd, it'll probably crash sooner or later

J.DD, Jul 9, 2015
  4. CRASH - mobo burned, how to get a new GWX?

Delicieuxz, Jul 9, 2015
  5. bobkn Win User
    It's installed through Windows Update. KB 3035583 in the US.

bobkn, Jul 9, 2015
  6. Burgurne Win User
    I know, and I have that update installed, but no app in the taskbar*Sad

Burgurne, Jul 9, 2015
  7. bobkn Win User
    That's not something that I've dealt with.

A semi-random idea: uninstall the update. Perhaps Windows Update will fix things when it it re-installed.

Best of luck.

If all else fails, I imagine that an .iso of the version will be available for download soon after 29 July. You may even be able to get a Microsoft sourced copy.

bobkn, Jul 9, 2015
  8. Burgurne Win User

Found a solution. Again it was my CPU, 4790K, that was too slow in idle. Put the minor-speed to 20%, started the GWX as an administrator, and reserved it, rebootet and put my CPU back to 5% as minimum in idle, and VUPTI, then the GWX app was there and now it is all okay *Smile

Burgurne, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. CRASH - mobo burned, how to get a new GWX? - Similar Threads - CRASH mobo burned

2. New MOBO and CPUBooting to windows then BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New MOBO and CPUBooting to windows then BSOD: Need helpI have a new upgrade for my system with a new Asrock B550 and AMD Ryzen 5 5600G new PSUPut new MOBO in and Doesnt recognize it. If I clear the Bios it might boot up or just crash back to BIOS screen. If it does boot up to windows it crashes to the Bios screen to...
  3. OEM license, getting new mobo. Can I re-license?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OEM license, getting new mobo. Can I re-license?: I have my computer with an OEM version of windows. I'm going to be upgrading my hardware - including my motherboard. I've been trying to research but have yet to find an answer to my exact questions. 1. Upon installing a new mobo, can I just purchase a new license key to...
  4. System instability with new processor / mobo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System instability with new processor / mobo: Hi all. I've recently upgraded my system from a Core i5 to the new Ryzen 5600X. Amazing performance but sadly the systems been very unstable. I'm running Windows 10 version 2004. I've gotten both SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL BSODs. As well as random...
  5. Replaced MOBO, BSOD, Freezes and Crashes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replaced MOBO, BSOD, Freezes and Crashes: Hello all, Long story short, I replaced my motherboard last night and since then I've been having some BSOD, freezes and crashes. Narrowing it down, I think it may be driver related. But honestly, I have no clue. Here are my specs: CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x GPU: Nvidia 2070 Super...
  6. Encrypted drive with a new mobo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Encrypted drive with a new mobo: TL:DR; Can I save the user data or recover from a mobo swap. So I had a Dell tech come out and replace the data cables, keyboard, and mother board on an Latitude 5480.This device belongs to a student and has sensitive information on it. The problem is that the harddrive is...
  7. New Mobo means new copy of Windows?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Mobo means new copy of Windows?: I recently had to replace my motherboard and I was wondering if I had to get a new copy of Windows. Microsoft considers a new motherboard to be a new computer therefore would I absolutely have to buy a new copy of windows? Is there any ways around this? I've already blown...
  8. Using SFC and GWX/GWX Control Panel on Win7 PC Heads Up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Using SFC and GWX/GWX Control Panel on Win7 PC Heads Up: I have a Dell XPS 8700 that I previously upgraded to Win10 and then rolled back to Win7 for game compatibility. After the restoration of Win7, I disabled GWX. Yesterday I ran GWX Control Panel to insure that I had killed any Win10 pending upgrade. Out of curiosity I ran SFC...
  9. No GWX notification icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No GWX notification icon in taskbar: Sir, I cannot see the GWX notification icon. I have a genuine copy of windows 7 running in my laptop and installed all the latest updates including KB3035583. It's been more than a week, still there is no sign of GWX icon. Please guide me as to what should I do? 6884
  10. New files added in GWX directory

in Windows 10 Support
    New files added in GWX directory: [img] I just noticed some change in the Get Windows 10 app.. 8920