Windows 10: Crash when waking computer from sleep BugcheckCode 26

Discus and support Crash when waking computer from sleep BugcheckCode 26 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just reset Windows 10 a few days ago and am getting a BSOD when waking it up from sleep mode. Thanks for any help. Windows 10 Professional (x64)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by yosephvon, Apr 28, 2017.

1. yosephvon Win User

Crash when waking computer from sleep BugcheckCode 26

I just reset Windows 10 a few days ago and am getting a BSOD when waking it up from sleep mode. Thanks for any help.

Windows 10 Professional (x64)
    Custom Build
    3.90 gigahertz Intel Core i3-7100
    Board: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME H270-PLUS Rev X.0x
    Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics [Display adapter]
    HP W2072a [Monitor] (19.9"vis, s/n CNC226PJT1, June 2012)
    ST1000DX001-1CM162 [Hard drive] (1000.20 GB)
    WDC WD5000AACS-00ZUB0 [Hard drive] (500.11 GB)

:)

yosephvon, Apr 28, 2017

2. Computer shuts down, instead of sleep

I do not think your computer is shutting down, but rather it is crashing (either when trying to go to sleep, or wake up from sleep). It still results in the same thing (a fresh boot), but it's a very different process and problem.

I would start by turning off the Fast Startup option in your power options, then reboot twice. Because this is a kernel change, you must restart twice before it is effective.

Afterward, put the computer to sleep, wait 60 seconds then try to wake it back up -- let me know what happens.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Apr 28, 2017
  3. ramrom123 Win User
    Windows 10 start menu crashes after waking up

Windows 10 start menu crashes whenever i wake the computer from sleep mode. Can't click it. Also get no sound. It's fine after I reboot.

ramrom123, Apr 28, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

Crash when waking computer from sleep  BugcheckCode 26 [​IMG]

5. yosephvon Win User
    axe0

I have updated the information you specified. Thanks for letting me know I needed more information.

yosephvon, May 2, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST
    *Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

*Arrow Run SeaTools DOS to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Run the long test.
    *Arrow Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Use option TWO with parameter /r
    Upload the chkdsk log *Arrow Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log - Windows 7 Help Forums

axe0, May 3, 2017
  7. yosephvon Win User
    Here are the results for the specified tests

Thanks
    Joe (Yoseph)

Attachment 133608

yosephvon, May 4, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

Please run the tests on all drives/partitions.

axe0, May 5, 2017
  9. yosephvon Win User
    Here is the scan reports on all drives
    Attachment 133884

yosephvon, May 6, 2017
  10. axe0 New Member
    How old is your hardware?
    In comparison, the ST HDD has a better benchmark result than the WD. The WD TBH is very low, to my knowledge it's only possible to be that low if the HDD has been used for at least a few years.

11. yosephvon Win User
    The WD drive is about 5 years old but hardly used. It set on a shelf for several years, and I only use it now to keep my Windows Image Backup. I will disconnect it to see if it solves my issue. The motherboard, cpu, ram, and video card are all brand new. The Segate hybrid is 2.5 years old.

yosephvon, May 6, 2017
  12. axe0 New Member
    Alright, keep me posted *Smile

13. yosephvon Win User

Still crashes waking from sleep with HD unplugged

yosephvon, May 6, 2017
  14. yosephvon Win User
    Axe0

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help the past few days. The problem was being caused by either the DVD ROM or the SATA cable it is on. I got a DVD ROM error trying to burn a new mem test disk, so I unplugged it and the issue was gone.

Yoseph

yosephvon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Crash when waking computer from sleep BugcheckCode 26 - Similar Threads - Crash waking computer

2. Bugcheckcode 340 & 26

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bugcheckcode 340 & 26: Lately my computer has been randomly saying an error has occurred and is going to restart and noticed files are starting to disappear. I have included screen shots of the critical errors shown in event viewer. Guessing it’s a sign that my hard drive is in need of replacing?...
  3. Bugcheckcode 340 & 26

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bugcheckcode 340 & 26: Lately my computer has been randomly saying an error has occurred and is going to restart and noticed files are starting to disappear. I have included screen shots of the critical errors shown in event viewer. Guessing it’s a sign that my hard drive is in need of replacing?...
  4. Bugcheckcode 340 & 26

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. crash when wake from sleep because of usbxhci

crash when wake from sleep because of usbxhci: the screen doesn't light up, pc has no response, and will reboot after a while. This issue constantly happens, and only happens when using USB device to wake up PC. Additionally, sfc /scan and DIMM restore find no error.It only happened after updated to windows 11...
  6. BSOD when waking computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when waking computer from sleep: Hi, I need help with my pc. I am using a laptop with Windows 11 Home Ryzen 5500U, I keep getting blue screen while using my laptop, this usually happens when waking the pc after sleep and when I am on battery only. most of the time the error says Stop code:...
  7. BSOD when waking computer from sleep

BSOD when waking computer from sleep: Hi, I need help with my pc. I am using a laptop with Windows 11 Home Ryzen 5500U, I keep getting blue screen while using my laptop, this usually happens when waking the pc after sleep and when I am on battery only. most of the time the error says Stop code:...
  8. Computer sleeping when set not to / Not waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer sleeping when set not to / Not waking up from Sleep: Hi All I have a windows 10 machine that has two issues but they both are causing the PC to freeze. The first issue is the PC will go to sleep even when set not to in the power configuration. The second issue is that the PC will not wake up so it seems once it has gone to...
  9. BSOD when waking computer from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when waking computer from sleep: Hello My PC will sometimes get a BSOD when waking it up after long hours of sleep, this does not happen reliably and I have no idea how to reproduce it. My GPU and CPU is overclocked however they have caused no issues during general use and gaming. 67440
  10. Computer unresponsive when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer unresponsive when waking from sleep: Computer: Page Not Found | HP® Official Site I've sent it in once to replace the motherboard and replaced the SSD drive on my own Every now and then, maybe 1% of the time, when trying to wake the computer from sleep mode, the power button will turn on, the wifi light...