Windows 10: CRASH - Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0

Discus and support CRASH - Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001. The previous system shutdown at 18:31:09 on ‎31/‎10/‎2017 was unexpected. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gusgf, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Gusgf Win User

CRASH - Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0

• Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001.
    • The previous system shutdown at 18:31:09 on ‎31/‎10/‎2017 was unexpected.
    • The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
    • The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 (0x0000000000000000, 0x00000000000000ff, 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: b1dc8f46-c5bd-4e0a-902d-5b7d02ae67d1.

The above are the typical System events appearing in my Event Viewer every time I boot from a previous session where the computer was hibernated and then failed to come back from hibernation. It happens at least once a week, I do use my computer daily, its as if I'm cold booting and there is no BSOD or clue something has gone wrong.

I've run WhoCrashed and this is the output from the latest crash today.

On Wed 15/11/2017 00:17:45 your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\111517-6250-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16C580)
    Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x0, 0xFF, 0x1, 0x0)
    Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 15/11/2017 00:17:45 your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
    Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x0, 0xFF, 0x1, 0x0)
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

So would really appreciate any guidance on how to track down what is causing the problem.

:)

Gusgf, Nov 14, 2017
  2. auggy Win User

Restarts when put into Sleep

The "Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000411" error is still showing up in the Event Viewer.

Can you enter the BIOS and load the optimal default settings.

If the issue persists can you check if the issue does not exist if the screen is on full brightness.

auggy, Nov 14, 2017
  3. Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001

Below is a crash dump analysis of a minidump taken when my system tried to restart from the last hibernation failure.

On Wed 9/6/2017 4:04:13 PM your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\090717-31500-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16C560)

Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x0, 0xFF, 0xCC, 0x0)

The prior minidumps all indicate the same location of ntoskrnl.exe except for the earliest:

On Sun 8/27/2017 4:51:08 PM your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\082817-33343-01.dmp

Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x0, 0xFF, 0xD7, 0x0)

On Thu 8/17/2017 4:09:26 PM your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\081817-41265-01.dmp

Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x0, 0xFF, 0xDC, 0x0)

On Mon 8/7/2017 4:01:12 PM your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\080817-28343-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16C4C0)

Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x0, 0xFF, 0x59, 0x0)

Any thoughts on how to proceed from here?

Thanks,

TimothyAJohnsonAZ, Nov 14, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

See posting instructions:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

Please update the system specs in the "My Computer section:

How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums General Tips Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Include PSU. cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, etc.)

zbook, Nov 14, 2017
  5. Gusgf Win User
    Will do and apologies for not following the guidance set out when posting *Think

Gusgf, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. CRASH - Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0 - Similar Threads - CRASH failed resume

2. Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001.: Hi All,From last 5 days I am facing an issue with the system. It doesn't turns on black while turning on from hibernation and after sometime it creates a dump file and then restart itself.based on the windbg analysis of the dump file I get the below analysis:2: kd> !analyze...
  3. Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001: Hi everyone.I have recently acquired a new computer and I'm encountering a very annoying issue. Thank you in advance for anyone taking the time trying to help.Specs: Windows 11 x64Intel Core i9 13900KCorsair Water Cooling H170i Elite Capellix BlackCorsair Dominator Platinum -...
  4. Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000007B.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000007B.: Some time ago my computer started showing this error every once in a while. Always when this happens, my computer has been in Sleep Mode, and when I check back it's completely turned off. Also in event viewer I get this:-Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot-Event ID 16-Version...
  5. Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000007B.

Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000007B.: Some time ago my computer started showing this error every once in a while. Always when this happens, my computer has been in Sleep Mode, and when I check back it's completely turned off. Also in event viewer I get this:-Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot-Event ID 16-Version...
  6. "Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001.": I keep getting the above message in event viewer, with this occurring before it"The start type of the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service was changed from demand start to auto start.""The start type of the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service was...
  7. "Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001."

"Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001.": I keep getting the above message in event viewer, with this occurring before it"The start type of the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service was changed from demand start to auto start.""The start type of the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service was...
  8. "Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000000D.

Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC000000D.: The McAfee website suggests that this is likely because BitLocker is enabled. It isn't. I do not have McAfee installed.powercfg /h off, hard rebooting and powercfg /h on made no difference. sfc /scannow, nothing.This worked fine until a recent update. That said, a hibernate...
  10. Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC00000BB

Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC00000BB: I have gotten this error code several times but I have not figured out what the cause it. Any thoughts> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-failed-to-resume-from-hibernate-with-error/8d8644df-132a-4b30-b164-b4b38f9e9396

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001

2. windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status