Windows 10: crashed during routine update, now i cant factroy reset my computer

Discus and support crashed during routine update, now i cant factroy reset my computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Upon attempting to factory reset my computer, at around 20% it stops, and restarts after undoing changes, upon restart i am greeted with the message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gonzoogler, Jan 13, 2017.

1. crashed during routine update, now i cant factroy reset my computer

Upon attempting to factory reset my computer, at around 20% it stops, and restarts after undoing changes, upon restart i am greeted with the message "no changes were made". I attempted to fix this issue with the ren software software.001 command in cmd but i get a message saying it cannot be accessed because the file is already in use
    any help would be appreciated, thanks

:)

gonzoogler, Jan 13, 2017

2. December 2016 updates -- Crash problems?

My computer started crashing during routine tasks the day after the most recent updates were installed (on December 15). Is anyone else having this problem? Any fix? Thanks.

ChuckWebber, Jan 13, 2017
  3. apps shortcut problem on 7373

what will happen if i reset my phone using factroy setting?

anugraha26, Jan 13, 2017
  4. crashed during routine update, now i cant factroy reset my computer

By factory reset do you mean when your machine is booting you press F11 at the "BIOS" screen (maybe different on your device) and start the vendor recovery reset process?

You will please excuse the next question. Is your data safely backed up, off your device? Some vendor (factory) recoveries / resets are quite aggressive, erasing everything.

Can you boot into safe mode. Alternatively hold down the shift and click power down. (not restart). This provides a full windows shutdown with no Fast Startup.

Then try your vendor factory reset. If I have misunderstood your posting please post clarification.

Caledon Ken, Jan 15, 2017
Thema:

crashed during routine update, now i cant factroy reset my computer

1. crashed during routine update, now i cant factroy reset my computer - Similar Threads - crashed during routine

2. cant reset my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant reset my computer: help plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-reset-my-computer/800951dd-a52d-49aa-8557-9677c4436135
  3. Windows crashed during Reset now in a Bootloop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashed during Reset now in a Bootloop: Hi so I have a frustrating problem:I tried to factory reset my pc but at 57% it crashed now I'm in a constant bootloop that I only can see the windows logo and a menu there I can select an operating system which is both windows 10 but it doesn't do anything at all because it...
  4. Windows crashed during Reset now in a Bootloop

Windows crashed during Reset now in a Bootloop: Hi so I have a frustrating problem:I tried to factory reset my pc but at 57% it crashed now I'm in a constant bootloop that I only can see the windows logo and a menu there I can select an operating system which is both windows 10 but it doesn't do anything at all because it...
  5. Windows crashed during Reset now in a Bootloop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. I tried to do a reset on my computer, the reset had an error and now i cant access my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried to do a reset on my computer, the reset had an error and now i cant access my computer: I was having issues with my pc being slow so I tried installing the missing update but I couldn’t update because of an error, so I tried installing the update manually but that didn’t work, so I decided to do a reset I chose to keep my files the reset had an error at 78% and...
  7. I tried to do a reset on my computer, the reset had an error and now i cant access my computer

I tried to do a reset on my computer, the reset had an error and now i cant access my computer: I was having issues with my pc being slow so I tried installing the missing update but I couldn’t update because of an error, so I tried installing the update manually but that didn’t work, so I decided to do a reset I chose to keep my files the reset had an error at 78% and...
  8. I tried to do a reset on my computer, the reset had an error and now i cant access my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. ok so i cant roll back the driver routine and i cant update to drivers routine, what should...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ok so i cant roll back the driver routine and i cant update to drivers routine, what should...: when i try to roll back the driver routine, its just an gray area, and i cant update the driver routine either. what should i do to get back the driver routine?...
  10. I reset my computer now I cant log into my hot mail account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I reset my computer now I cant log into my hot mail account: My computer was not running right and would not boot uo so I did a reset now I cant get into my Hotmail account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-reset-my-computer-now-i-cant-log-into-my-hot/5101b76d-f2ed-4260-8fe1-b60518c43661