Windows 10: crashed during routine update, now i cant factroy reset my computer

Discus and support crashed during routine update, now i cant factroy reset my computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Upon attempting to factory reset my computer, at around 20% it stops, and restarts after undoing changes, upon restart i am greeted with the message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gonzoogler, Jan 13, 2017.

1. crashed during routine update, now i cant factroy reset my computer

Upon attempting to factory reset my computer, at around 20% it stops, and restarts after undoing changes, upon restart i am greeted with the message "no changes were made". I attempted to fix this issue with the ren software software.001 command in cmd but i get a message saying it cannot be accessed because the file is already in use
    any help would be appreciated, thanks

:)

gonzoogler, Jan 13, 2017

2. December 2016 updates -- Crash problems?

My computer started crashing during routine tasks the day after the most recent updates were installed (on December 15). Is anyone else having this problem? Any fix? Thanks.

ChuckWebber, Jan 13, 2017
  3. apps shortcut problem on 7373

what will happen if i reset my phone using factroy setting?

anugraha26, Jan 13, 2017
  4. crashed during routine update, now i cant factroy reset my computer

By factory reset do you mean when your machine is booting you press F11 at the "BIOS" screen (maybe different on your device) and start the vendor recovery reset process?

You will please excuse the next question. Is your data safely backed up, off your device? Some vendor (factory) recoveries / resets are quite aggressive, erasing everything.

Can you boot into safe mode. Alternatively hold down the shift and click power down. (not restart). This provides a full windows shutdown with no Fast Startup.

Then try your vendor factory reset. If I have misunderstood your posting please post clarification.

Caledon Ken, Jan 15, 2017
Thema:

crashed during routine update, now i cant factroy reset my computer

1. crashed during routine update, now i cant factroy reset my computer - Similar Threads - crashed during routine

2. updated my computer and now cant activate my windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    updated my computer and now cant activate my windows 10: Bought my computer from Geek.wish.com a couple months ago. Was having problems with the OS so decided to start with a clean version of windows. When my computer turned back on after the update it said I needed to activate windows. I went into activation in settings and did...
  3. Computer crashes during restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashes during restart: Hi, Just recently, my computer refused to shut down properly. Upon shutdown or restarting, the computer would enter the shutdown/restart screen then after some time present a stopcode: driver_power_state_failure. I'm not sure what the issue is and any help would be...
  4. Cant reset my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant reset my computer: I am trying to reset my all in one touchscreen Asus computer so I went to settings>recover>reset> and then tried to do a factory reset, I let it get through all the steps and then i just said "this may take a few MINUTES then your PC will reset" i had a cancel button on the...
  5. Windows crashed during reset mememememeemem

Windows crashed during reset mememememeemem: Hi i reset my comeputer because it was running slow and full so i decided to reset it and during it resetting it crashed and black screend and it turns back on but to a blue screen with it is wanting me to select my language and region and it says to select and click next and...
  6. Reset my computer and cant log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset my computer and cant log in: I reset my computer and it stopped half way throu and now i cant log on to reset it again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-my-computer-and-cant-log-in/8fe0ad6a-3511-4afb-b220-63c94d388d9c
  7. Cant login to computer following turning off during reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant login to computer following turning off during reset: So recently I wanted to reset my computer and after noticing that the Installing Windows stage was stuck at 65% I took to the internet for help and it was suggested to turn off my computer. Well now that Ive done that its asking me to login and when I enter my email and...
  8. Reset laptop now i cant even use it.

Reset laptop now i cant even use it.: I don't even remember why I reset this laptop. I've been spending like 4 hours trying use it. I expected like all the times in the past when I reset, to go into the PC set up, like choose name set time etc. Now the PC is like broken really? I've gone to safe mode R:...
  9. cant reset my computer or get in the desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cant reset my computer or get in the desktop: i tried usimg system restore wont work , go back to previous version wont work , system image recovery wont work , startup repair wont work , also forgot to say i am stuck in startup repair with erro strtail.txt , tried every tutorial i had in internet wont work , any startup...
  10. I cant run updates or reset my PC.

I cant run updates or reset my PC.: I try and download updates and get this message. The message stays the same but the upload name changes. example below. C:\User\jacks\Downloads\Windows10upgrade9252.exe This service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled device...