Windows 10: crashed. Now start menu opens in upper left corner and not clickable

Discus and support crashed. Now start menu opens in upper left corner and not clickable in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; win10 randomly crashed while idle. Some kernel security bsod. after reboot, the start menu does not open in the lower left corner. It opens in upper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by link626, Aug 8, 2016.

1. link626 Win User

crashed. Now start menu opens in upper left corner and not clickable

win10 randomly crashed while idle. Some kernel security bsod.

after reboot, the start menu does not open in the lower left corner. It opens in upper left corner, and none of the menu is clickable. I have to use keyboard arrow keys to navigate.

Also, when I start typing words to search for apps, the search menu opens full screen.

My start menu is corrupted. How do I restore it? Event viewer suggested my .dat file is corrupted.

Even creating brand new user, the start menu still opens in the upper left corner (while the start button is in the lower left corner), and the menu is not clickable for the new user.

:)

link626, Aug 8, 2016
  2. alavie78 Win User

I found "Show open application" in Belle ...

Also, if you just open the menu, there should be a little circle in the upper left corner of any open application.

alavie78, Aug 8, 2016
  3. Cancel up grade to 10

Open the Reservation app:

Click the Hamburger menu in the upper left corner, then select View Confirmation.

In the lower left, click Cancel reservation and then confirm (twice).

Andre Da Costa, Aug 8, 2016
Thema:

crashed. Now start menu opens in upper left corner and not clickable

1. crashed. Now start menu opens in upper left corner and not clickable - Similar Threads - crashed start menu

2. Start Menu and Taskbar icons are not clickable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu and Taskbar icons are not clickable: Hi, please am having issues with my pc start menu, search bar and all the taskbar icons, after i update the windows 10. The start menu windows button is not working and all other taskbar icons. some settings like windows security and account settings are not working also....
  3. Application windows resize to upper left corner of monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Application windows resize to upper left corner of monitor: Computer is locally built 2016, Intel Core i5 Skylake processor (6th Gen) 3.2/3.6GH, 80GT/s, 6MB, etc. Monitor is Dell UltraSharp 38 Curved Monitor - U3818DW Last update 2019-02 Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4465065) successfully installed 6/18/2019. In...
  4. win 10 start menu appear top left corner and freezed

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 start menu appear top left corner and freezed: Hello, Suddenly my win 10 appeared top left corner as 3 lines and all apps are appeared entire screen and not able to access desk top . I tired all setting options but no use earlier start will appear bottom left corner and clicks start menu will appear as slide show not it...
  5. Start menu (left)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu (left): Hello! Is there any way that the start menu opens like this always? (Want the Windows 10 start menu to show the expanded start menu) [img] 125495
  6. Small Gray Rectangle in Upper Left Corner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Small Gray Rectangle in Upper Left Corner: First of all, I am using a Surface Pro 3. This problem is weird because it only happens once in a while when my laptop goes to sleep (but not always), and it only goes away once I restart my computer. [IMG] I cannot use my desktop while it is there, and I can move the gray...
  7. black screen with blinking line in upper left corner

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    black screen with blinking line in upper left corner: I am running windows 10, from windows 8. Free download. I was usinf Skype, and the sound went off. I tried to restart my desktop, and after upgrade and restart, screen just black with blinking line. What to do to repair windows 10? Please advice. Best regards, John From...
  8. Start Menu not clickable at times...

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not clickable at times...: Every once in a whils I lose the ability of opening the start menu either by clicking on it or using the keyboard. In order to restart, I have to hit the reset button. After that, I regain the Start Menu, but that does not last long. Maybe a couple of hours later the same...
  9. Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner

in Windows 10 Support
    Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner: I believe I accidentally generated this rectangular (not square) box while I was learning about the Magnifier. This rectangular (7.5 cm X 4.3 cm) box causes whatever is located underneath it to be slightly whiter than it normally would be. Everything functions properly while...
  10. Small White Square in Upper Left Corner - Cannot Remove

in Windows 10 Support
    Small White Square in Upper Left Corner - Cannot Remove: This is going to be hard to see, but above the left of the recycle bin icon... there is a tiny white square. When I put my mouse cursor over it I get the cursor to change to the activity cursor (spinning blue circle) - I have no idea what application is causing this and have...