Windows 10: crashed. Now start menu opens in upper left corner and not clickable

Discus and support crashed. Now start menu opens in upper left corner and not clickable in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; win10 randomly crashed while idle. Some kernel security bsod. after reboot, the start menu does not open in the lower left corner. It opens in upper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by link626, Aug 8, 2016.

1. link626 Win User

crashed. Now start menu opens in upper left corner and not clickable

win10 randomly crashed while idle. Some kernel security bsod.

after reboot, the start menu does not open in the lower left corner. It opens in upper left corner, and none of the menu is clickable. I have to use keyboard arrow keys to navigate.

Also, when I start typing words to search for apps, the search menu opens full screen.

My start menu is corrupted. How do I restore it? Event viewer suggested my .dat file is corrupted.

Even creating brand new user, the start menu still opens in the upper left corner (while the start button is in the lower left corner), and the menu is not clickable for the new user.

:)

link626, Aug 8, 2016
  2. alavie78 Win User

I found "Show open application" in Belle ...

Also, if you just open the menu, there should be a little circle in the upper left corner of any open application.

alavie78, Aug 8, 2016
  3. Cancel up grade to 10

Open the Reservation app:

Click the Hamburger menu in the upper left corner, then select View Confirmation.

In the lower left, click Cancel reservation and then confirm (twice).

Andre Da Costa, Aug 8, 2016
Thema:

crashed. Now start menu opens in upper left corner and not clickable

1. crashed. Now start menu opens in upper left corner and not clickable - Similar Threads - crashed start menu

2. Why is the text field in the upper left corner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the text field in the upper left corner?: Why is the text field in the upper left corner? Give me an explanation please and then how to fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-text-field-in-the-upper-left-corner/0cffe278-464f-4a1d-a815-0574f9ba80a7
  3. A small bar appears at the upper left corner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A small bar appears at the upper left corner: I installed a new game on my laptop yesterday. Whenever I try to press a key when playing the game, I get this small bar that stops me from playing my game. There seems to be nothing attached to it and my taskbar doesn't show an app opening either. Any ideas?...
  4. A small bar appears at the upper left corner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A small bar appears at the upper left corner: I installed a new game on my laptop yesterday. Whenever I try to press a key when playing the game, I get this small bar that stops me from playing my game. There seems to be nothing attached to it and my taskbar doesn't show an app opening either. Any ideas?...
  5. UPPER LEFT CORNER FLOATING WINDOW

in Windows 10 Customization
    UPPER LEFT CORNER FLOATING WINDOW: How do you remove this thing showing on the upper left of my screen, I dont have any third party apps installed, no Rainmeter or whatnots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upper-left-corner-floating-window/c031330f-533b-4473-9577-b25ceca7a946
  6. Extreme upper left corner of monitor

Extreme upper left corner of monitor: At the extreme upper left corner of the screen, there is a tiny white dot. When I put the mouse cursor on it, I get one of those spinning blue "waiting" circles... well, actually only a quarter of one of those as if the top and entire left part of the circle is outside the...
  7. Problem with cursor jumping to upper left corner.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with cursor jumping to upper left corner.: How do I find "Disable internal pointing devices when external USB" on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-cursor-jumping-to-upper-left-corner/e064beb1-0ede-4e45-b512-6e381060b1d6
  8. HELP icon at upper left corner of screen.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HELP icon at upper left corner of screen.: This morning I turned on the Windows 10 computer, version 1909, and found that the list of commands that spring down from the FILE command in the upper left corner of the screen were completely different from the night before. There are fewer commands and PRINT is not one of...
  9. Small Gray Rectangle in Upper Left Corner

Small Gray Rectangle in Upper Left Corner: First of all, I am using a Surface Pro 3. This problem is weird because it only happens once in a while when my laptop goes to sleep (but not always), and it only goes away once I restart my computer. [IMG] I cannot use my desktop while it is there, and I can move the gray...
  10. Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner

in Windows 10 Support
    Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner: I believe I accidentally generated this rectangular (not square) box while I was learning about the Magnifier. This rectangular (7.5 cm X 4.3 cm) box causes whatever is located underneath it to be slightly whiter than it normally would be. Everything functions properly while...