Windows 10: Crashed

Discus and support Crashed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not sure where to go with this. My computer stays on all the time so all I have to do is move the mouse and the monitors immediately come on. Got on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by anaron, Aug 29, 2018.

1. anaron Win User

Crashed

Not sure where to go with this. My computer stays on all the time so all I have to do is move the mouse and the monitors immediately come on. Got on the computer to go view a video recommended to me. As the video was loading, my grand kids Steam program displayed a self updater notice on the computer as it does on way too many occasions. I minimized the updater and started the video. About half way thru the video, both monitors went black. The video audio could still be heard but could not get to anything on the computer. Let it stay that way for 3 or 4 minutes thinking it might reset but it did not therefore hard shutdown time. Now when I boot the computer, bios screen lists all the hard drives etc then goes to a black screen then the Win 10 logo screen loads. After maybe 10 seconds of the log, the black screen comes back but nothing is happening for maybe 20 seconds. Now at this point one of two things may occur. One, a bsod comes on stating "page fault in non-paged area" fault is "win32 kbase sys". This happens maybe 1 out of every 3 reboots. The thing that happens most the time is the black screen after the logo screen stays on for maybe a minute and both monitor lights go from green to orange as if the computer turned off but the computer is still on.
    I feel that this may be a hard ware issue as I have 3 win10 ssds, 2 win 7 ssds and 2 usb 3 backups and it happens on all of them. None will boot to os.

:)

anaron, Aug 29, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 29, 2018
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Aug 29, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

Crashed

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

Thema:

Crashed

1. Crashed - Similar Threads - Crashed

2. Fresh Win 10 installation crashing after first reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Win 10 installation crashing after first reboot: I have a 2018 iMac and I am installing a fresh copy of Win10 Home 64 bit after the most recent update made the system crash after every reboot. After successfully reinstalling this on a fresh partition now it crashes on every reboot / reinstall whether i install any updates...
  3. Computer crash and recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer crash and recovery: Have an older Lenovo all in one that crashed. bought a new computer old hard drive seems ok and I can access some file using an external usb interface. I am trying to recover files that were located in the user directory but it wont let me see them or transfer them. I...
  4. computer crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer crashes: doesnt matter if its the web browser or steam or discord you touch them any way and the computer says it had a critical error has to reboot then comes up with the wattman crashed and had to be restarted, and before you ask if my system is any good. we have gone thru 2....
  5. File explorer crashes when creating new folder!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer crashes when creating new folder!: this only happens when creating a new folder, and only on my user... Whenever I try it on an alternate account, it doesn't happen... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-crashes-when-creating-new-folder/a08bfd61-3538-4a89-87d7-33aa39006a63"
  6. Windows 10 crashes and fails to reboot

Windows 10 crashes and fails to reboot: In the last 2 weeks I have had to fully reinstall Windows 10 x 5 times after failures that seem linked to the latest Windows update. The PC is telling me updates are installed, and should update and restart. When I do, the laptop fails to restart Windows; the siwlring...
  7. Keep crashing when playing games

Keep crashing when playing games: Hi! I've just built a new pc, but unfortunately it keeps crashing 5-10 minutes into games. I've tested both my CPU and GPU with stress-tests and benchmarks, with no problems at all.. Can you help enlighten me? :) Hardware issue: Kilde Windows Oversigt Hardwarefejl...
  8. One Drive crashes when trying to change folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive crashes when trying to change folder: Hi there I have just done a fresh install of Windows 10 on my Dell 7000 series. I am trying to set up One Drive. I have an small SSD drive (c) and a 1TB HDD (d). I always save my One Drive files on my HDD. I tried first to untick the folders that I didn't want to...
  9. Crash for the Game "State of Decay 2"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crash for the Game "State of Decay 2": Dear all, I have purchase the "State of Decay 2" recently, however, when i start the game, it cannot open correctly. There is an CrashReportClient text file: [CrashReportClient] bHideLogFilesOption=false bIsAllowedToCloseWithoutSending=true and the...
  10. Pc crashes often

Pc crashes often: Here is a copy of recent crash tonight Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 144 Parameter 1: 1001 Parameter 2: ffffaf04f53d3aa0 Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: 0 OS version: 10_0_17763 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 256_1 OS Version: 10.0.17763.2.0.0.256.48 Locale ID: 1033...