Windows 10: Crashed

Discus and support Crashed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not sure where to go with this. My computer stays on all the time so all I have to do is move the mouse and the monitors immediately come on. Got on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by anaron, Aug 29, 2018.

1. anaron Win User

Crashed

Not sure where to go with this. My computer stays on all the time so all I have to do is move the mouse and the monitors immediately come on. Got on the computer to go view a video recommended to me. As the video was loading, my grand kids Steam program displayed a self updater notice on the computer as it does on way too many occasions. I minimized the updater and started the video. About half way thru the video, both monitors went black. The video audio could still be heard but could not get to anything on the computer. Let it stay that way for 3 or 4 minutes thinking it might reset but it did not therefore hard shutdown time. Now when I boot the computer, bios screen lists all the hard drives etc then goes to a black screen then the Win 10 logo screen loads. After maybe 10 seconds of the log, the black screen comes back but nothing is happening for maybe 20 seconds. Now at this point one of two things may occur. One, a bsod comes on stating "page fault in non-paged area" fault is "win32 kbase sys". This happens maybe 1 out of every 3 reboots. The thing that happens most the time is the black screen after the logo screen stays on for maybe a minute and both monitor lights go from green to orange as if the computer turned off but the computer is still on.
    I feel that this may be a hard ware issue as I have 3 win10 ssds, 2 win 7 ssds and 2 usb 3 backups and it happens on all of them. None will boot to os.

:)

anaron, Aug 29, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 29, 2018
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Aug 29, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

Crashed

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

Thema:

Crashed

1. Crashed - Similar Threads - Crashed

2. Windows 11 Pro PC crashes every time I use Firefox...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro PC crashes every time I use Firefox...: My Windows 11 Pro PC crashes every time I use Firefox, Chrome or Edge. Windows is totally up to date as are all my drivers. 64 GB RAM, i7 processor. I've totally reset all browsers. I've run Windows troubleshooters, restarted after every change, but I can't get any of the...
  3. Windows 11 Pro PC crashes every time I use Firefox...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro PC crashes every time I use Firefox...: My Windows 11 Pro PC crashes every time I use Firefox, Chrome or Edge. Windows is totally up to date as are all my drivers. 64 GB RAM, i7 processor. I've totally reset all browsers. I've run Windows troubleshooters, restarted after every change, but I can't get any of the...
  4. Valorant Crashing Mid game without any error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Valorant Crashing Mid game without any error message: before reseting my pc, valorant was running smoothly but due to some issues i had to reset the pc. After reseting it has been crashing mid game, that too without any error or specific message. The game just simple closes which is weird beacuse generally there isusually some...
  5. Valorant Crashing Mid game without any error message

Valorant Crashing Mid game without any error message: before reseting my pc, valorant was running smoothly but due to some issues i had to reset the pc. After reseting it has been crashing mid game, that too without any error or specific message. The game just simple closes which is weird beacuse generally there isusually some...
  6. PC keeps crashing randomly and sometimes won't boot after off for a period of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps crashing randomly and sometimes won't boot after off for a period of time: So for the past few weeks my pc will crash after playing a game for a few minutes and has crashed while looking at my event viewer as well. I've tested on different games and they crash on all. The screen goes black and restarts like normal. I have ran diagnostics on ram and...
  7. PC keeps crashing randomly and sometimes won't boot after off for a period of time

PC keeps crashing randomly and sometimes won't boot after off for a period of time: So for the past few weeks my pc will crash after playing a game for a few minutes and has crashed while looking at my event viewer as well. I've tested on different games and they crash on all. The screen goes black and restarts like normal. I have ran diagnostics on ram and...
  8. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click: When I'm in File Explorer and have a selection of files highlighted, I right click for the context menu, but as soon as I select the 'Show More Option' item within that menu, File Explorer pauses for a second, force closes and promptly restarts.I have tried clearing the File...
  9. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click: When I'm in File Explorer and have a selection of files highlighted, I right click for the context menu, but as soon as I select the 'Show More Option' item within that menu, File Explorer pauses for a second, force closes and promptly restarts....
  10. File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click

File Explorer crashes when using 'Show More Options' on Right Click: When I'm in File Explorer and have a selection of files highlighted, I right click for the context menu, but as soon as I select the 'Show More Option' item within that menu, File Explorer pauses for a second, force closes and promptly restarts.I have tried clearing the File...