Windows 10: Crashed

Discus and support Crashed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not sure where to go with this. My computer stays on all the time so all I have to do is move the mouse and the monitors immediately come on. Got on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by anaron, Aug 29, 2018.

1. anaron Win User

Crashed

Not sure where to go with this. My computer stays on all the time so all I have to do is move the mouse and the monitors immediately come on. Got on the computer to go view a video recommended to me. As the video was loading, my grand kids Steam program displayed a self updater notice on the computer as it does on way too many occasions. I minimized the updater and started the video. About half way thru the video, both monitors went black. The video audio could still be heard but could not get to anything on the computer. Let it stay that way for 3 or 4 minutes thinking it might reset but it did not therefore hard shutdown time. Now when I boot the computer, bios screen lists all the hard drives etc then goes to a black screen then the Win 10 logo screen loads. After maybe 10 seconds of the log, the black screen comes back but nothing is happening for maybe 20 seconds. Now at this point one of two things may occur. One, a bsod comes on stating "page fault in non-paged area" fault is "win32 kbase sys". This happens maybe 1 out of every 3 reboots. The thing that happens most the time is the black screen after the logo screen stays on for maybe a minute and both monitor lights go from green to orange as if the computer turned off but the computer is still on.
    I feel that this may be a hard ware issue as I have 3 win10 ssds, 2 win 7 ssds and 2 usb 3 backups and it happens on all of them. None will boot to os.

:)

anaron, Aug 29, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 29, 2018
  3. Easy Rhino Win User
    all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Aug 29, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

Crashed

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

Thema:

Crashed

1. Crashed - Similar Threads - Crashed

2. My computer freezes then crashes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer freezes then crashes.: why computer freezes and then crashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/my-computer-freezes-then-crashes/b0f14780-c550-4885-9e15-ba20bec8b38f
  3. frequent crashing

frequent crashing: why computer freezes and then crashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/frequent-crashing/b0f14780-c550-4885-9e15-ba20bec8b38f
  4. Windows 10 October 2018 Update: Dump your files to avoid crashes - MS

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update: Dump your files to avoid crashes - MS: Windows 10 October 2018 Update: Dump your files to avoid crashes, warns Microsoft Ahead of next month's release of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update, Microsoft is warning users to make sure there's sufficient storage space for the upgrade, or there may be trouble. The...
  5. windows 10 photo crashes on startup

windows 10 photo crashes on startup: Just got Surface pro4 and photos just crashes on startup. Ive tried the settings>apps>app features>then reset and restart. Nothing works it just crashes. This is right out of the box. I have to say I am very disappointed. My wife actually works for microsoft and she...
  6. Win 10 photos app crashes

Win 10 photos app crashes: Sometimes while editing a pic Photos will crash without bringing down Win 10. But sometimes it causes Win 10 to crash and restart. What is up? Thanks, Terry...
  7. SSD Active time 100%, crashes Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD Active time 100%, crashes Windows 10: Hello everyone, I have recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. After 10 minutes of starting up my computer, my active time on my SSD goes to 100% and freezes and crashes my computer! I have tried disabling Superfetch and Windows search, but none have worked!...
  8. crashing of all Microsoft store games and the feedback hub just after launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crashing of all Microsoft store games and the feedback hub just after launch: hi, all the games (not the other general applications) downloaded from the Microsoft store are getting crash at launching just after 2-3 seconds by just showing the logo of that game. I have tried resetting, reinstalling them, clearing the cache of the store but the...
  9. Games Crash to Desktop With No Errors (All Games) Occasional BSOD

Games Crash to Desktop With No Errors (All Games) Occasional BSOD: Hi guys, I really hope someone can help me on this one! For the past couple of months I have been plagued with games minimising, crashing to desktop with no error messages and I'm completely fed up as I feel like I have tried everything to fix it but just can't. I'm hoping...
  10. System Crashed / Processor Failed

System Crashed / Processor Failed: Hi, I'm facing this issue for several months. I am unable to find the reason for this; as it happens in a random pattern: It occurs at no specific time/duration, no application or type of work is associated with this issue. When I'm using my laptop: It suddenly freezes...