Windows 10: Crashes during VLC playback

Discus and support Crashes during VLC playback in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I keep getting crashes (not typically BSODs) every so often, especially when watching videos in VLC, and sometimes I wake up to see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by freetacos, Jun 30, 2016.

1. freetacos Win User

Crashes during VLC playback

Hi everyone,

I keep getting crashes (not typically BSODs) every so often, especially when watching videos in VLC, and sometimes I wake up to see the computer has restarted overnight.

During gaming, the computer runs fine- I don't think I've ever seen a crash that way.

I've tried updating/rolling back the video drivers, but nothing seems to have an effect.

Attachment 87607

Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

freetacos, Jun 30, 2016

2. dvd wont play on win 10

still wont play. I loaded VLC for playback. It finds the D drive but does not offer playback. When I load the dvd, it takes me to windows store vlc. ??????????????????

DanEnglund, Jun 30, 2016
  3. SpiritX MS MVP, Jun 30, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Please provide the specs in 'My System Specs' about the system having the problems, per the logs there is a totally different system we're dealing with.

Please ensure the memory is seated properly according to the user manual, i.e. slot 1 & 3 or slot 2 & 4.
    Support For 970 GAMING | MSI Global | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design

Crashes during VLC playback [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with Driver Booster 3, please remove them as it may cause trouble.
    An easy way to get remove these drivers is by using a restore point prior the installation.

Thema:

1. Crashes during VLC playback - Similar Threads - Crashes during VLC

2. BSOD on shutdown/restart, crashes during media playback, malfunctioning USBs:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on shutdown/restart, crashes during media playback, malfunctioning USBs:...: Specs:Ryzen 7 1700Radeon RX 58016GB ramMSI B450 TOMAHAWK with latest biosWindows 10 22H2Having several problems with my PC that began around a month ago as mild occasional issues and have recently escalated and become worse. Not sure what has changed other than I moved and...
  3. BSOD on shutdown/restart, crashes during media playback, malfunctioning USBs:...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on shutdown/restart, crashes during media playback, malfunctioning USBs:...: Specs:Ryzen 7 1700Radeon RX 58016GB ramMSI B450 TOMAHAWK with latest biosWindows 10 22H2Having several problems with my PC that began around a month ago as mild occasional issues and have recently escalated and become worse. Not sure what has changed other than I moved and...
  4. BSOD on shutdown/restart, crashes during media playback, malfunctioning USBs:...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Asus laptop crashing during fullscreen YouTube playback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus laptop crashing during fullscreen YouTube playback: As the title says, I am running into an issue on my Asus Zenbook 14 laptop where the screen sometimes freezes during fullscreen YouTube playback, eventually resulting in the system crashing. It usually happens after 10-30 minutes of watching YouTube. My brother has a similar...
  6. Asus laptop crashing during fullscreen YouTube playback

Asus laptop crashing during fullscreen YouTube playback: As the title says, I am running into an issue on my Asus Zenbook 14 laptop where the screen sometimes freezes during fullscreen YouTube playback, eventually resulting in the system crashing. It usually happens after 10-30 minutes of watching YouTube. My brother has a similar...
  7. VLC player freezing at times during playback on dvds and mutes at times when playing music

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VLC player freezing at times during playback on dvds and mutes at times when playing music: when i watched a dvd, half way through it, it paused then resumed, i thought it was my dvd but didn't freeze then resume when i tried my media player classic, it played no problem with that, also when i listen to music on vlc player, it mutes the sound then resumes and keeps...
  8. VLC playback slows down download speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VLC playback slows down download speed: Hi, I have a strange issue. When a file is being downloaded the speed shown is optimum at the start 5-6mbps but as soon as I start to play any video stored in the computer SSD doesn't matter what video player is used, VLC, or windows media player the download speed drops...
  9. Crackling/Stuttering playback (Youtube, VLC)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crackling/Stuttering playback (Youtube, VLC): Hi all, I have this ongoing issue, where I play a video on youtube or VLC, and if I'm simultaneously loading some ad-heavy website, the audio/playback stutters and crackles. Once the site loads, or I cancel the load, it gets better. I can fix it by going to device manager,...
  10. Picture size changes during playback

Picture size changes during playback: While using the Windows DVD Player App with an external dvd drive, the picture size of the movie is constantly changing. It switches between a full screen and a smaller screen with black bars at the sides. I already checked Windows update as well as graphic card drivers and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 crashes vlc playback