Windows 10: Crashes in Win 10

Discus and support Crashes in Win 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am seriously annoyed at win 10. I have a nearly new super system and win 10 cant seem to handle anything. I open a game, black screen, reboot, open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by elbmek, Aug 23, 2017.

1. elbmek Win User

Crashes in Win 10

I am seriously annoyed at win 10. I have a nearly new super system and win 10 cant seem to handle anything. I open a game, black screen, reboot, open game play a bit, save and leave, black screen. All games are win 10 certified. Everytime I install an upgrade something else goes damn wrong. I try to open a web site with either Opera or FF, (IE is useless) crash or time out. My system is good, its new, and its up to date. (see specs). But win 10 is CRAP!!!Nearly a week now and nothing is running good. I removed all AMD Radeon drivers and installed GeForce 1600 GFx and keep getting updates for Radeon!!!! AGGGGHHHH!

:)

elbmek, Aug 23, 2017

2. How to schedule Windows Update Downloads.

Ok, have follwoowed most of this but how do I share these files here? have put in Onedrive folder...

Your message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments:

mjm win 10 crash app log.evtx

mjm win 10 crash log.evtx

MJM win 10 crash.txt

Thanks

Millendollar IFA, Aug 23, 2017
  3. whouoyo Win User
    motherboard crashed. need to transfer harddrive with win 10 installed to new motherboard

After upgrading to win 10 the video drivers continually crashed. Tried updating the bios and now the motherboard will not post. No Backup but the hard drives with win 10 is fine. could I just purchase another motherboard and use the same processor form
    the crashed system and not have to reinstall all the software and win 10?

whouoyo, Aug 23, 2017
  4. Crashes in Win 10

Hi elbmek.

Not sure how you removed Radeon drivers but might I suggest DDU.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta...installer.html

This may remove your nVidia so have a plan "B"

Then I would check your startup tab in Task manager for any signs of Radeon and I would go a step farther and get a copy of Autoruns (part of sysinternals) and ensure there are no lingering registry keys kicking something off.

I would ensure you have a restore point and would strongly recommend a system image created with a product like Macrium Reflect.

Once you are sure all Radeon elements are gone I would monitor. On the next occurrence, should there be one, open Reliability History and see if Windows is reporting anything that could help narrow.

I would also look at installing and older nVida driver, says something from Jan / Feb. One member reported, on another thread, 378.49 dated Jan 20th, 2017 work well for them.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 23, 2017
  5. elbmek Win User
    lot to look at there Ken - thanks, I'll start with older driver on Nvidia and test that

elbmek, Aug 23, 2017
  6. Okay but if your machine thinks it has two display drivers, in some obscure manner, that could be cause.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Crashes in Win 10

1. Crashes in Win 10 - Similar Threads - Crashes

2. BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error: On a Surface Pro 7+ running the latest version available of Windows 11. EVERY TIME I connect to a phone via BT PAN I get the BSOD error 'Invalid MDL Range'. I've reset all network adapters, updated all drivers via windows update and intel. Seems like the exact same issue...
  3. BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Crash when using Bluetooth PAN to connect to phone. Get invalid mdl range error: On a Surface Pro 7+ running the latest version available of Windows 11. EVERY TIME I connect to a phone via BT PAN I get the BSOD error 'Invalid MDL Range'. I've reset all network adapters, updated all drivers via windows update and intel. Seems like the exact same issue...
  4. Gaming PC Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming PC Crashing: Hi all,I've had my PC for about a year. Recently the wired internet connection keeps dropping whilst in games. It is not affecting Wi-Fi connected devices. I can back online by resetting the PC.I've now moved to wifi only and the issue is now causing my PC to crash not just...
  5. Gaming PC Crashing

Gaming PC Crashing: Hi all,I've had my PC for about a year. Recently the wired internet connection keeps dropping whilst in games. It is not affecting Wi-Fi connected devices. I can back online by resetting the PC.I've now moved to wifi only and the issue is now causing my PC to crash not just...
  6. What's causing my PC to crash when closing games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's causing my PC to crash when closing games?: When I close games my PC black screens and I have to do a force shut down, then after powering it up again I gat green lines all over the screen and have to restart it again to fix the green lines. I have tried factory resetting windows and I even used DDU to do a clean...
  7. What's causing my PC to crash when closing games?

What's causing my PC to crash when closing games?: When I close games my PC black screens and I have to do a force shut down, then after powering it up again I gat green lines all over the screen and have to restart it again to fix the green lines. I have tried factory resetting windows and I even used DDU to do a clean...
  8. My pc crash and freeze after i use xp-pen tablet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc crash and freeze after i use xp-pen tablet: Hello, After a long time, I wanted to use a graphics tablet from XP-Pen, but after I started typing with it, my PC flashed about three times and then reported an error and restarted. The second attempt did the same. I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me?...
  9. My pc crash and freeze after i use xp-pen tablet

My pc crash and freeze after i use xp-pen tablet: Hello, After a long time, I wanted to use a graphics tablet from XP-Pen, but after I started typing with it, my PC flashed about three times and then reported an error and restarted. The second attempt did the same. I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me?...
  10. My pc crash and freeze after i use xp-pen tablet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging