Windows 10: Crashing upon boot, screens flickering on and off

Discus and support Crashing upon boot, screens flickering on and off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, been having windows 10 for a while now, just recently I started having an issue upon boot. I'm having a little problems explaining the issue, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by flashist, Sep 14, 2015.

1. flashist Win User

Crashing upon boot, screens flickering on and off

Hello, been having windows 10 for a while now, just recently I started having an issue upon boot. I'm having a little problems explaining the issue, so searching up solutions have proved difficult.

I get as far as to the windows icon, next should be the login screen, then the screens start flickering on and off; I've added a video to help explain Flickering screen windows 10 - YouTube . This only and always happens when I've had a proper boot, I'm still able to turn off the computer properly at this point, but at next boot it is the same. However if I kill it off incorrectly, and turn it on, the problem is gone, only to return next time.

I checked the Event Viewer and have two Errors who fits the timeframe.

Driver install failed, result=0x80004005 for devnode '{D6E55CA0-1A2E-4234-AAF3-3852170B492F}\VJOYRAWPDO\1&2D595CA7&0&VJOYINSTANCE00'

Metadata staging failed, result={00000000-0000-0000-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF} for container '0x80070490'

First one is why I thought it might belong in the driver section of the forum. I've got a Nvidia GTX 680 with the most recent driver. I can't really think of any changes done to the computer before the problem appeared. Might have run a diagnosis with 360 total security which does do some boot tweaking, not sure if may disable something critical by mistake?

What changes when a computer is being booted after a bad reboot? ( as in I need to enter bios and exit, before being allowed back into loading windows ) Is it running in some kind of Semi-safemode that can explain why it works then?

:)

flashist, Sep 14, 2015
  2. Laney_102 Win User

microsoft soft solitaire, causes screen to flicker

As I was playing microsoft solitaire off-line, my screen got a black border around it and the screen started flickering. I closed solitaire but the flickering continued on all applications. I shut down my computer, but when I booted up the flickering was
    still present. I'm using Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.16299 build 16299. Any suggestions?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

Laney_102, Sep 14, 2015
  3. gahbmwM5 Win User
    Nokia 900 Flicking Homescreen When Pressing Power Off Button...

Apologies for the double-post...however upon further exploring...testing it seems that the home screen flickering occurs with the default aqua/blueish default wallpaper..when I changed to a darker color wall...I could not see this flickering.. Maybe color
    related..

gahbmwM5, Sep 14, 2015
Thema:

Crashing upon boot, screens flickering on and off

1. Crashing upon boot, screens flickering on and off - Similar Threads - Crashing upon boot

2. Help with screen flickering and turning off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with screen flickering and turning off.: Netflix makes my screen flicker static, and some games make my screen turn off for 2-6 seconds intermittently. I've been looking for a fix everywhere, but I cant find any....
  3. Help with screen flickering and turning off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help with screen flickering and turning off.: Netflix makes my screen flicker static, and some games make my screen turn off for 2-6 seconds intermittently. I've been looking for a fix everywhere, but I cant find any....
  4. Screen Flicker Upon Logging Out in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flicker Upon Logging Out in Windows 11: When I log out of any profile the screen flickers white once on my PC that I recently installed Windows 11 on. It seems to to be effected by when I switch from light to dark mode. In dark mode the flicker is a dark gray color. I am not sure if this is a bug but this doesn't...
  5. Screen Flicker Upon Logging Out in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Flicker Upon Logging Out in Windows 11: When I log out of any profile the screen flickers white once on my PC that I recently installed Windows 11 on. It seems to to be effected by when I switch from light to dark mode. In dark mode the flicker is a dark gray color. I am not sure if this is a bug but this doesn't...
  6. Screen flickers on and off with black screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen flickers on and off with black screen: i just bought an aspire 5 acer notebook. its 2 month old. but whenever i turn it on, the screen starts to flicker and turns black. whenever i move the cursor it flickers on and off into black screen.. until i reach the start up button and restart it. after that, the display...
  7. Strange screen upon boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange screen upon boot: [IMG]Every time i boot up my pc i get this screen that displays right before my bios screen. Any idea what is causing it or how to get rid of it. It doesnt seem to affect my pc in any other way and everything loads fine. Just cant figure out what or why this screen is here....
  8. Black flickering screen upon restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black flickering screen upon restart: I am seeing black flickering screen upon restart. I tried F8 and nothing seems happening, it's just have the black flickering screen. Please help as I need this laptop for school tomorrow....
  9. Screen Flicker on Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Flicker on Boot: Hi, I had posted about this over at Nvidia forums and got a nice snarky reply. If anyone else is having issues or ideas please let me know (although I have already posted about this). My main reason is to ask whether it is possible for a Windows update to affect my PC's bios...
  10. Boot Issues Screen Flicker

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Issues Screen Flicker: Hi, I updated the other day to build 17134.228 and now when my pc boots the brand name comes up, then the screen flashes off and on and the brand name is back up again and normal boot resumes. Anyone else see this occurrence in this or other instances or have any ideas?...