Windows 10: Create a boot image file from a Bootable USB Windows 10 install

Discus and support Create a boot image file from a Bootable USB Windows 10 install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; John, As a different slant on this & in the hope of being helpful - You can create a bootable ISO using the Media creation tool [from which you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Try3, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Try3 Win User

Create a boot image file from a Bootable USB Windows 10 install

John,

As a different slant on this & in the hope of being helpful -

You can create a bootable ISO using the Media creation tool [from which you would create a bootable installation USB if you needed one].

Any existing installation USB you have will be at whatever Windows 10 version it was made from but by getting a new version of the Media creation tool as new Windows 10 versions are released, you can create new installation USBs at the latest version and you can use them for clean installations, updates & 'repair installs' / 'in-place upgrades'.

As long as Settings, Updates & security, Activation shows that you are activated with a digital licence & that you always make sure you are installing the same Edition [Home / Pro], you can reinstall to your heart's content and will be re-activated when you next go online without any action being needed on your part.

Denis

Try3, Apr 4, 2018
  2. RBCC Win User

how do I extract a boot image file from a WIndows 10 install USB to create a bootable ISO ? John

:)

3. Error code 0xc0000428 after installing Windows udates on Windows 10.

Error 0xC0000428

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for INSTALL.wim of the Windows 10 image. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.

download the Windows 10 ISO
    file and install it from the bootable media. See

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Apr 19, 2018
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

PC doesn't turn go trough the start up procedure.

Hi Ibrahim,

We would suggest you to create a bootable disc or usb and then try to boot from the disc and then install windows.

To create a bootable USB/DVD refer to the below link, using this you can download ISO file for Windows 10:

Download Windows 10

Boot from the bootable media and then install Windows, this will remove all the applications installed on the pc and your data will be saved in Windows.old.

Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Apr 19, 2018
  5. cereberus Win User
    I do not follow what you mean. The iso is just a container like a zip file containing all the boot files. What are you trying to do?

cereberus, Apr 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Create a boot image file from a Bootable USB Windows 10 install - Similar Threads - Create boot image

2. How to create bootable usb installation of windows 8.1 from the iso file ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create bootable usb installation of windows 8.1 from the iso file ?: I downloaded the iso file of windows 8.1 about 4.0 GB size.now i want to create from it a bootable usb. the problem is that the tool is not existing anymore in this link : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56485it's the tool that should make the usb...
  3. How to create bootable usb installation of windows 8.1 from the iso file ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create bootable usb installation of windows 8.1 from the iso file ?: I downloaded the iso file of windows 8.1 about 4.0 GB size.now i want to create from it a bootable usb. the problem is that the tool is not existing anymore in this link : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56485it's the tool that should make the usb...
  4. Can't boot into bootable Windows 10 installation USB.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot into bootable Windows 10 installation USB.: Hello there. As the title says, I can't boot into my Windows 10 21H1 bootable usb drive with UEFI mode. I have created usbs with several methods such as Media Creation Tool, Rufus, manual etc; tried with FAT32 and NTFS, and they all had the same problem: whenever I selected...
  5. Create custom Windows 10 bootable USB image

Create custom Windows 10 bootable USB image: Hi,I have been trying to create a custom Windows 10 bootable image USB stick.I have downloaded Windows 10 20H2 and I have our own personalised image file as a ".wim" file. This has our own settings and software installed. It is 13.2Gb in size.Please could you advise on the...
  6. Cannot boot Windows 10 from bootable USB

Cannot boot Windows 10 from bootable USB: I recently had hardware replacements on my laptop: motherboard and hard-disk, by the laptop manufacturer itself as my device is within the warranty period. I am trying to reinstall Windows 10. I have downloaded the latest Windows 10 ISO using the Media Creation Tool and...
  7. Creating a bootable usb from ISO

Creating a bootable usb from ISO: If I create a bootable usb from the ISO file, does that ISO file remain the same in the sense that I can use it to to an In-Place Repair or reinstall Windows?...
  8. Create bootable USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Create bootable USB: Hi community, I'm creating a bootable usb by rufus. It give me 3 options: 1, Create with legacy BIOS or UEFI 2, Create with only UEFI 3, Create with only legacy BIOS Can someone explain to me these 3 options, and your recommendation option ? Thank you, have a good day !...
  9. How to Create a Bootable ISO Image from Windows Extracted Files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Create a Bootable ISO Image from Windows Extracted Files?: I want to create a bootable ISO Image from Windows Extracted Files. I have all the copied files from a Windows Dvd disc but I want to make a bootable ISO file from it. Please help me in making ISO with the easiest way....
  10. Can't creat a bootable usb to install Windows 10

Can't creat a bootable usb to install Windows 10: How to download the version of windows 10? But i already download this from itechtics.com , the size is 4.50 or 4.72 GB Now i make the bootable usb, they cannot create it, after 14 % creating then display the message drive is successful bootable, and they cannot working....