Windows 10: Create a group of tiles in the Start menu common to all user accounts

Discus and support Create a group of tiles in the Start menu common to all user accounts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi How am I supposed to create a group of tiles (containing some tiles) in the start menu, common to all user accounts (old and new)? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by balubeto, Mar 17, 2016.

1. balubeto Win User

Create a group of tiles in the Start menu common to all user accounts

Hi

How am I supposed to create a group of tiles (containing some tiles) in the start menu, common to all user accounts (old and new)?

Thanks

Bye

:)

balubeto, Mar 17, 2016
  2. John Vil Win User

Can't Move a Group of Tiles in the Start Menu in Windows 10

Hi,

Moving a group of tiles in your Windows 10 Start menu is still possible. To move them to your preferred location, hover your mouse over the group and a hamburger button will appear. Click and drag the button to your desired location. For your reference, you
    may also refer to the screenshot below:

Create a group of tiles in the Start menu common to all user accounts [​IMG]

Should you have any other concerns, feel free to post back.

John Vil, Mar 17, 2016
  3. Can't Move a Group of Tiles in the Start Menu in Windows 10

It was easy to move a group of tiles in Windows 8.1 by pinching in on the screen or clicking a button at the bottom of the screen. It appears that this cannot be done in Windows 10. Is that correct? If it cannot be done, it would be a great feature to
    add to Windows 10.

Golfer2081, Mar 17, 2016
  4. Create a group of tiles in the Start menu common to all user accounts

Hello there *Smile
    You wanna drag the app where you want to put it to create tiles, if you want a new set drag it in a clear area. Hope this helps.

Winnie Abarquez, Mar 17, 2016
  5. Oh containing tiles! You still drag the app (click all apps). Drag it towards the group of tiles where you want it to be.

Winnie Abarquez, Mar 17, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    But the OP wants a group of tiles to be included in ALL users Start menu - not just the user account logged in at the time.

NavyLCDR, Mar 17, 2016
  7. balubeto Win User
    With this method, however, the group (with its apps) is created only for the current account. Right?

Whereas, I wanted to create a group (with the related apps) common to all user accounts (old and new)?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Mar 17, 2016
  8. xpclient Win User

You can't pin tiles for all user accounts, you must pin them again for each user account. Or use Classic Shell and put the shortcuts in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu. That makes them show up in all user accounts.

xpclient, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Create a group of tiles in the Start menu common to all user accounts - Similar Threads - Create group tiles

2. Start Menu Tiles...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Tiles...: [ATTACH] Is there any way to change Windows 10 UWP app tiles to an unsupported color or at least, change it without changing the accent color? https://preview.redd.it/mbqdxtnjwlx51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cb2a93bc3c80ee24150a8458dd752ab330f4e94 submitted...
  3. Start, Tiles, Locked Group

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start, Tiles, Locked Group: Accidentally dragged a tile on top of another tile and released it. A locked group was created with the two tiles in it. How do I get them out of the group and back on the Start menu?...
  4. Start Menu Tiles

Start Menu Tiles: Hi, I really like the original factory start menu view with all of the tiles. I did someting and now when I click start menu I only get cortona to come up. Is there a fix for this? I know it is likely something easy.... Help!...
  5. START MENUE TILES

START MENUE TILES: USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WHY THE START TILES ARE NOT THE SAME ON EACH COMPUTER USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menue-tiles/22d9f2c5-64c5-4b9a-9549-f88a285c37f7
  6. How to move and group tiles on windows 10 start menu?

How to move and group tiles on windows 10 start menu?: I would like to add web links and apps in an easy-to-find section of the start like I had on the windows 7 desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/how-to-move-and-group-tiles-on-windows-10-start/0ba2f967-c223-4902-9ae8-ea3a33469ab4
  7. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  8. Anyway to delete the start menu empty tile groups?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyway to delete the start menu empty tile groups?: There is alot of empty space to the right of my start group and I can't seem to resize it or delete it, the only way I can interact with that area is if I drag something in it and only can I rename the group. Heres a pick I found online if no one understands what I mean...
  9. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379
  10. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326