Windows 10: create a new folder or copy a file to a specific folder it doesn't a

Discus and support create a new folder or copy a file to a specific folder it doesn't a in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, It seem my windows 10 Home having problem, a simple malfunction which I don't understand why this happening, the problem related to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stuckfree, Sep 9, 2015.

1. stuckfree Win User

create a new folder or copy a file to a specific folder it doesn't a

Hi everyone,

It seem my windows 10 Home having problem, a simple malfunction which I don't understand why this happening, the problem related to each time I create a new folder or copy a file to a specific folder it doesn't appear until press the F5 key to refresh.
    Does anyone knows how to fix this problem?

Regard ,
    Thanks.

:)

stuckfree, Sep 9, 2015
  2. GilesB Win User

Unable to create a new folder or rename a folder

I've had this issue for some months now. The above fix does work but takes a couple of hours to run and the problem returns after a few days. I also have a problem with "windows cannot connect to group policy service - standard users cannot log in" which
    seems to be related in some way. i.e. when I run the sfc scan they both go away, and when the Group policy service error comes back, so sure enough does the new folders problem.

I have a theory that it is somehow related to having two user accounts on the same computer. It seems to me that when switching users and a second person signs in then it all starts going wrong. Windows was never really designed for multiple users-right?

Can anyone help?

GilesB, Sep 9, 2015
  3. Unable to create a new folder or rename a folder

Hi Edver,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I'll certainly help you with this.

I would like to let you know that you may not be able to rename or add a new folder from Quick access. It will allow you to open the folders that are frequently used, recently viewed files or the files/folders that are added to
    Quick access.

If you are unable to create or rename files/folders in other folders as well, then I would suggest you to run a SFC scan.

System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc /scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Sep 9, 2015
Thema:

create a new folder or copy a file to a specific folder it doesn't a

1. create a new folder or copy a file to a specific folder it doesn't a - Similar Threads - create folder copy

2. Copying files to new folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copying files to new folders: I have a main folder (A), many subfolders and a file (B). Every time I create a new folder in A, I wanna copy C inside that new folder. Is that possible? submitted by /u/kolbyng [link] [comments]...
  3. Folder Copy with specific requirements

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Copy with specific requirements: OK. I have two folders. They basically have the same filenames but with different number of files. The first folder has the correct size files but has more files than the second folder. The second folder has exactly the correct number of files but they are all smaller sizes....
  4. Copy to Specific Folders using CMD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy to Specific Folders using CMD: I am trying to copy a file using robocopy and xcopy commands using a Batch script.bat. The script is run on CMD not in admin mode. I do not have admin mode privileges as the machine I am working on is organisation laptop. I am unable to copy files to the folders - Program...
  5. New files/folders move to main display when copied/created

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New files/folders move to main display when copied/created: Sometimes when I drag a file/folder to my desktop from a different location, it will move it to my main display and align it with the rest. Auto arrange is turned off. The same goes if I create a folder on my second display, it will appear when I want to create it, I name it...
  6. File Explorer - Creating new folders

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Creating new folders: Windows 1909 and before. Issue: When I try to create a new folder in File Explorer I can only type one letter then File Explorer acts like I pressed enter. For example if I Create a try to creater called " File Explorer will only let me create a folder called "j" The work...
  7. CREATING A NEW FOLDER

CREATING A NEW FOLDER: I am unable to create a new folder on any of drives using Windows 10 anyone had this issue or know a fix for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-new-folder/258c0742-8a52-4391-bad5-5f9bb36ca7a0"
  8. Creating new files and folders

Creating new files and folders: Every time I try to make a new folder or save a new file windows will not allow me. When i try yo make a new folder the following appears. [ATTACH] When scanning a document I get this [ATTACH] and when i try to save a word document I get this [ATTACH] Other apps give...
  9. Unable to create a new file or folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to create a new file or folder: I cannot create a new file because my computer freezes when I hover a cursor on the word “new” that is on the right click menu. I’ve had this problem since the last Windows update...
  10. How to copy a folder into same folder without creating copy of folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to copy a folder into same folder without creating copy of folder?: How do I do this in Windows 10? I have a folder of files, and I want to copy the folder and all of its contents onto an external hardisk which already contains a folder of the same name, and also contains some of the files that I am now trying to copy. Prior to Windows 10, a...