Windows 10: Create a Virtual Switch Hyper-V Re: Are The Tutorials Up To Date?

Discus and support Create a Virtual Switch Hyper-V Re: Are The Tutorials Up To Date? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I created my first VM the other day and frankly I did not quite understand what the virtual switch was all about and did not create one. After the VM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by phaedruspress, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Create a Virtual Switch Hyper-V Re: Are The Tutorials Up To Date?

I created my first VM the other day and frankly I did not quite understand what the virtual switch was all about and did not create one. After the VM was successfully created I quickly shut it down for fear of wrecking it : ) It would seem however that in order to have Internet access I need to go back and create a Virtual Switch and I was wondering if the Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10 thread from 2014

Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10

on the first page contains info that is applicable to Windows 10 or do I need to follow a different guide. The reason I ask is I came across this link that seems to indicate that there are some problems with Windows 10 ver. 1709 though it does seem to relate to folks who had prior good working switches before updating. TIA.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...win10itprovirt

:)

phaedruspress, Jun 27, 2018
  2. cereberus Win User

Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Have you followed steps exactly as is this tutorial?

Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

cereberus, Jun 27, 2018
  3. Rex99ny Win User
    Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Jun 27, 2018
  4. Raji k Win User

Create a Virtual Switch Hyper-V Re: Are The Tutorials Up To Date?

Creating Virtual Switch in Hyper-V

Hi All,

We are trying to create nested VM using Hyper-V. In Hyper-V manager,on creating the virtual switch for second level VM, we encounter an error while retrieving the list of Virtual switches. As we are in beginning stage of learning, we are
    unable to sort out from where the "localhost" is referred from. We have gone through some blogs but of no use. Any help will be more appreciable.

Create a Virtual Switch Hyper-V Re: Are The Tutorials Up To Date? cbe70ee6-1cf3-4fa0-b422-83b687d3e29a.png

Thanks in Advance!

Raji

[Moved from: Windows / Windows
    / Network & internet / PC ]

Raji k, Jun 27, 2018
Thema:

Create a Virtual Switch Hyper-V Re: Are The Tutorials Up To Date?

1. Create a Virtual Switch Hyper-V Re: Are The Tutorials Up To Date? - Similar Threads - Create Virtual Switch

2. Hyper-V virtual switches difference?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V virtual switches difference?: I made a new external switch in Hyper-V, and the screenshot below is what I have now: [img] First 3 adapters from screenshot are as follows: 1. Physical realtek adapter 2. Default (non removable) virtual switch 3. vEthernet is the external switch I made BUT, what is...
  3. Can't Create Hyper-V VM and Hyper-V Virtual Switch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Create Hyper-V VM and Hyper-V Virtual Switch: Hello, I have been trying to create a Ubuntu VM using Hyper-V for the past hour, but Windows still can't create one for me. Every time I tried to create it just says "The server encountered an error while creating VM name. 'VM name' failed to realize. Failed to access...
  4. Hyper-V Virtual Switch Issues

Hyper-V Virtual Switch Issues: I have multiple VMs that work very well but I am trying to limit some of them to accessing my internal network only but I have been unable to find a way to do that. The Default Switch simply doesn't allow access to my internal network and when I set the Virtual Switch that I...
  5. Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V

Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V: Hi guys, I enabled Hyper-V feature in Windows 10 but unable to create a virtual switch. I tried to create private and internal types of virtual switch but every time the process stuck on "Applying changes". What could be the reason of that? Thank you. 61906
  6. Virtual Hard disk created in hyper-v

Virtual Hard disk created in hyper-v: Hi There I am using windows 10 Pro, and had a virtual machine installed using Hyper-V with two virtual HDD in that VM. Recently I had some problem with my Windows 10 OS and had to reset my windows with keeping all the files and settings, and it installed a new windows...
  7. Hyper-V error when creating virtual switch.

Hyper-V error when creating virtual switch.: Hi this is my first post but I am really confused as to an issue with hyper-V Whenever I go to open the virtual switch manager, it says; The operation on computer 'DESKTOP-V1A0142' failed: Generic error. Is there anyway to fix this. I have not yet created any switches...
  8. Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Hyper-V Virtual Switch: I cannot create a Virtual switch when using Hyper-V get this error message: [img] I am using a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter and running Hyper-V with Admin Privleges. Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio i7 with 8GB Ram running Windows 10 pro. Thanks...
  9. Slow download speed after creating Hyper-V External Virtual Switch

Slow download speed after creating Hyper-V External Virtual Switch: Hello. After buying a new PC (its specs are on my profile), enabling Hyper-V and creating a new External Virtual Switch, I notice that the download speed drops dramatically. My internet conneciton is 1Gbps down and 200Mbps up. Without External Virtual Switch: Speedtest...
  10. Hyper-V - Unable to Create External Virtual Switch

Hyper-V - Unable to Create External Virtual Switch: I get the error "bind failed: General access denied error" when I try to create an external virtual switch. [img] I tried running Hyper-V with as admin without success. Kevin 43133