Windows 10: Create and Set Up Your Microsoft Family Group

Discus and support Create and Set Up Your Microsoft Family Group in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create and Set Up Your Microsoft Family Group How to Create and Set Up Your Microsoft Family Group A child's location, limit which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by rzn6jw, Jan 1, 2018.

1. rzn6jw Win User

Create and Set Up Your Microsoft Family Group

How to: Create and Set Up Your Microsoft Family Group

How to Create and Set Up Your Microsoft Family Group

A child's location, limit which websites and games they can access, and require your approval to purchase from the Microsoft Store.

Once you set up your family group, you can add or remove child and adult members.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to create and set up your Microsoft family group for access to family features and settings.

If all child and adult members leave your family group, the group will no longer exist. You can create a new family group at anytime though.

EXAMPLE: Family Group

Here's How:

1 If you are already part of another family group, then you will need to leave that family first.

2 Go to the Microsoft Family website, and sign in with your Microsoft account if not already.

3 Click/tap on the Create a family group button. (see screenshot below)

Create and Set Up Your Microsoft Family Group [​IMG]

4 You can now invite child and adult members to join your family group. (see screenshot below)

Create and Set Up Your Microsoft Family Group [​IMG]

5 Adult members of this family group can now manage Microsoft Family settings for child members of this family.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

rzn6jw, Jan 1, 2018
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Microsoft family problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

• When you say ‘I re-connect the account’, did you re-add the account to the Family group on the website or add the user account on the PC?
    • Did you check the system time to see if it has been set correctly?

This issue can occur if some of the settings are not working as expected.

Let us try these methods to check if that helps.

A: Suggest you to
    remove the child account from the Family group account. To remove a member from your family group, you must have an adult account.

I would also like to inform you that if you have added the account as a child again (if not, add the account as child), try to set up screen time and then turn it off.

B: Once it is done, you can
    add the child account to the Family group. After adding the account, have your child sign in to the PC. Refer to the steps under the section ‘Add
    an existing child account on your PC to your family group’.

Article for Reference.

Setup and manage your Family

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Create and Set Up Your Microsoft Family Group

Microsoft Family spurious "ask for permission" message

Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry to hear that you are facing the issue again.

Just to narrow down the issue, I suggest you to
    follow the methods mentioned below.

Method 1

1. Login to
      https://account.microsoft.com/family/
      with the Microsoft Account and check if it says Adult/child account.
    2. After checking the credentials, see if it is part of a family then remove it from the family group and check the status of the issue.
    If the issue still persists, refer method 2.

Method 2

I suggest you to create a new user profile in Windows 10 and check the status of the issue.

Refer the article Create a local user or administrator account
    in Windows 10
    for the steps.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Microsoft Account Family Settings: There is an account in my family I didn't create

Hi Andie,

Thank you for posting your response.

We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

As per the above information, I suggest that you refer to the steps below and check if you are bale to remove the unknown account.

• Sign in at account.microsoft.com/family with your Microsoft account on any PC or device
    • Click/tap on Remove under Adults in
      Your family
    • Click/tap on the adult account you want to remove, and click/tap on Remove
    • You (adult) and all other adults in family will now get an email confirming the adult has been removed from the family

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Create contact group

Hi Suzy,

To narrow down your concern in creating a contact group, we would like to know the following:

• Are you getting any error messages in creating a contact group? If yes, what is the error?
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Create and Set Up Your Microsoft Family Group

1. Create and Set Up Your Microsoft Family Group - Similar Threads - Create Set Microsoft

2. Unable to create Family Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create Family Group: I bought a Microsoft 365 Family subscription at the end of November and activated it on 04.12.23 for one year. To this day, I can't connect my family members.If I try to share email, I get an error "We encountered an error. Wait a few minutes and try again. TraceID:...
  3. Unable to create Family Group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to create Family Group: I bought a Microsoft 365 Family subscription at the end of November and activated it on 04.12.23 for one year. To this day, I can't connect my family members.If I try to share email, I get an error "We encountered an error. Wait a few minutes and try again. TraceID:...
  4. Unalbe to create Family Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unalbe to create Family Group: Unable to create Family Group https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unalbe-to-create-family-group/89b07ff3-6447-4eae-8465-f7d328dfe254
  5. Unalbe to create Family Group

Unalbe to create Family Group: Unable to create Family Group https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unalbe-to-create-family-group/89b07ff3-6447-4eae-8465-f7d328dfe254
  6. Microsoft Family Group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Group: I am a fifteen year old boy which has made a family group. I am the owner of the family group, but I want to leave it. This is mainly because there is an issue which prevents me from playing any multiplayer games at all. I would like some assistance or any help possible. I do...
  7. Microsoft Family Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Group: I am a fifteen year old boy which has made a family group. I am the owner of the family group, but I want to leave it. This is mainly because there is an issue which prevents me from playing any multiplayer games at all. I would like some assistance or any help possible. I do...
  8. Microsoft Family Group

9. Issues With Creating a Family Group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Issues With Creating a Family Group: So I've been having issues creating a family group and every time I try to invite someone it keeps on popping up a message saying "it's not you, it's us." This started happening just after I deleted the family group I've already had. I've even tried inviting myself to a...
  10. Microsoft Family Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Group: I’ve just bought ForzaHorizon on my PC for my son who has run out of things to play with! We are both in the Microsoft Family I set up ages ago. If I log on to the pc as me, I can see the game, but if he logs in, we can’t see the game. I don’t want to pay for it twice. How...