Windows 10: Create and Use Live Folders on Start in Windows 10

Discus and support Create and Use Live Folders on Start in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create and Use Live Folders on Start in Windows 10 How to Create and Use Live Folders on Start in Windows 10 Live Folders allows you to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by larc919, Jan 8, 2017.

1. larc919 Win User

Create and Use Live Folders on Start in Windows 10

How to: Create and Use Live Folders on Start in Windows 10

How to Create and Use Live Folders on Start in Windows 10

Live Folders allows you to group tiles on your Start screen into one or more folders on Start. You can arrange and group the tile of a Live Folder how you want like any other tile on your Start screen.

Live Folders have been available since Windows Phone 8.1 on Windows 10 Mobile phones, but haven't been available on a Windows 10 PC yet.

Starting with Windows 10 build 15002, you can now now be able to group your Start tiles into folders. Tile folders are a way for you to organize and personal your tiles in Start, and were happy to now bring this to Windows 10 PCs.

Starting with Windows 10 build 17666, Microsoft has added the ability to name your tiles for live folders on Start. When you expand the folder, youll see a new option to name it. The name will be visible when the folder is medium, wide, or large-sized.

This tutorial will show you how to create and use Live Folders on your Start screen in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

EXAMPLE: Start tile folder naming

Create and Use Live Folders on Start in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] How to Create a Live Folder on Start
    1. Open your Start menu.

2. Drag and drop a tile you want in a folder on another tile you also want in the same folder. (see screenshot below)

3. The two tiles will now be grouped into the same Live Folder. (see screenshots below)

OPTION TWO [/i] How to Open and Close a Live Folder on Start
    1. Open your Start menu.

2. Click/tap on a Live Folder tile to open it. (see screenshot below)

3. While the Live Folder is open, you can click/tap on an app's tile to open the app. You can also arrange and resize tiles in this Live Folder how you want. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on the Live Folder arrow to close it. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] How to Resize a Live Folder on Start
    1. Open your Start menu.

2. Right click or press and hold on a Live Folder tile you want to resize, click/tap on Resize, and click/tap on the size (ex: small, medium, wide, or large) you want. (see screenshot below)

OPTION FOUR [/i] How to Add Tiles to a Live Folder on Start
    1. Open your Start menu.

2. Do step 3 or step 4 below for how you would like to add a tile to a Live Folder.

3. Drag and drop a tile on the Live Folder tile, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

4. Open the Live Folder you want to add tiles to. (see screenshot below)

A) Drag and drop one or more tiles into the Live Folder, and go to step 5 below.

5. The tile(s) will now be added to the Live Folder. (see screenshot below)

6. When finished adding tiles, you can close the Live Folder. (see screenshot below)

7. You will now see the added tile(s) on the tile of the Live Folder. (see screenshot below)

OPTION FIVE [/i] How to Name or Rename a Tile Folder on Start

*note This option is only available starting with Windows 10 build 17666.
    1. Open your Start menu.

2. Click/tap on the tile of a live folder on Start you want to rename. This will expand the folder. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the option to name the folder. (see screenshots below)

4. Type a name you want to display on the tile of this live folder. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on the folder's arrow to close it. (see screenshot below)

6. The tile of this live folder on Start has now been named or renamed. (see screenshot below)

OPTION SIX [/i] How to Remove Tiles from a Live Folder on Start
    1. Open your Start menu.

2. Open the Live Folder you want to remove tiles from. (see screenshot below)

3. Drag and drop a tile from within the Live Folder to where you want on Start. (see screenshot below)

4. The tile will now be removed from the Live Folder. (see screenshot below)

OPTION SEVEN [/i] How to Remove a Live Folder on Start
    1. Open your Start menu.

2. Remove all tiles from the Live Folder you want to remove.

Note Starting with Windows 10 build 18298, you can now right click or press and hold on a Live Folder on Start, and click/tap on Unpin folder from Start.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

larc919, Jan 8, 2017
  2. garym123 Win User
    garym123, Jan 8, 2017
  3. windows live mail

folders I created in windows live mail, and running windows 10.

VictorFortin, Jan 8, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello larc919, *Smile

The live folders will not be on your Start screen unless you create them.

Brink, Jan 8, 2017
Thema:

1. Create and Use Live Folders on Start in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create Live Folders

2. How to create folders in start pinned?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create folders in start pinned?: Hi 11 Start experts,I have a problemhow to create folders?It's imposibble.Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-folders-in-start-pinned/0f191bce-e9ca-41d0-8278-8ff3a5054f65
  3. How to create folders in start pinned?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create folders in start pinned?: Hi 11 Start experts,I have a problemhow to create folders?It's imposibble.Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-folders-in-start-pinned/0f191bce-e9ca-41d0-8278-8ff3a5054f65
  4. Can not create folder using shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not create folder using shortcut: Hello,I am using windows 10 pro and I can not create folder using its shortcut Ctrl+shift+n I can create folders using mouse right click but using shortcut is much easier my keyboard is working properly and my window is updated as well would be happy to hear your...
  5. Can not create folder using shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not create folder using shortcut: Hello,I am using windows 10 pro and I can not create folder using its shortcut Ctrl+shift+n I can create folders using mouse right click but using shortcut is much easier my keyboard is working properly and my window is updated as well would be happy to hear your...
  6. Can not create folder using shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to create the folders on start after a reinstall of OS Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to create the folders on start after a reinstall of OS Windows 10: Hello!After reinstalling Windows 10 with an external USB device with the windows tool on my SSD and setting everything right up before connecting my HDD, I could verify that the apps installed on my HDD are executable because all the data of the apps is in the HDD and working...
  8. How to create the folders on start after a reinstall of OS Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create the folders on start after a reinstall of OS Windows 10: Hello!After reinstalling Windows 10 with an external USB device with the windows tool on my SSD and setting everything right up before connecting my HDD, I could verify that the apps installed on my HDD are executable because all the data of the apps is in the HDD and working...
  9. Create folders in the start menu?

Create folders in the start menu?: I have tried creating a folder in every known location to get an additional folder to show up in the start menu so I can throw some games and what not under it...does anyone have any idea how to do this? I've tried creating a folder named "Games" in the following:...
  10. create folders in start menu to organize

create folders in start menu to organize: In W7 I have created folders in the start menu so I can organize by topic. I can't figure out if/how to do that in W10. Any clues? 7446