Windows 10: Create Available Networks shortcut in Windows 10

Discus and support Create Available Networks shortcut in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create Available Networks shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Show Available Networks shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by sgage, Aug 15, 2015.

1. sgage Win User

Create Available Networks shortcut in Windows 10

How to: Create Available Networks shortcut in Windows 10

How to Create a Show Available Networks shortcut in Windows 10

Create Available Networks shortcut in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information The Networks flyout shows you a list of networks (ex: wireless and/or Ethernet) available to connect to from your PC, and any network you may be currently connected to. The flyout also includes a link to open Network & Internet settings, and quick actions to toggle on or off actions such as Wi-Fi, Airplane mode, and Mobile hotspot.

Normally you could click/tap on the Network system icon on the taskbar notification area to show available networks, but you could also use a shortcut.

This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Show Available Networks shortcut that opens directly to the Networks flyout in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Download an Available Networks Shortcut
    • Option Two: To Manually Create an Available Networks Shortcut

EXAMPLE: Available Networks

OPTION ONE [/i] To Download an Available Networks Shortcut
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .zip file below.
    Available_Networks_shortcut.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file..

4. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the shortcut to your desktop.

5. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

6. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Manually Create an Available Networks Shortcut
    1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow %windir%\explorer.exe ms-availablenetworks:

3. Type Available Networks for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)
    NOTE: You could name this shortcut anything you would like though.

4. Right click or press and hold on the new Available Networks shortcut, and click/tap on Properties.

5. Click/tap on the Shortcut tab, then click/tap on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)

6. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow %SystemRoot%\System32\taskbarcpl.dll

7. Select the icon highlighted in blue above, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot above)
    NOTE: You could use any icon that you would like instead though.

8. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

9. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

sgage, Aug 15, 2015

2. Create a shortcut to map a network drive windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are willing to create a shortcut to map a network drive. I would suggest you to refer the steps provided in the articles mentioned below and see if it helps.

Create a shortcut to (map) a network drive

Create a shortcut to (map) a network drive

Note: These articles are for Windows 7/8/8.1 but steps holds good for Windows 10 too.

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any more concern related to Windows. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Create Available Networks shortcut in Windows 10

Unable to create shortcuts in Windows 10

Hi Terry,

Provide us with additional information to assist you further:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Does this issue confined to create a shortcut for any specific application?

As a workaround, I suggest you to try creating shortcuts in Safe mode with networking and check if it helps.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Follow the below steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.

• Type msconfig
      and press Enter.

• In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.

• Select Start-up selection
      as Normal startup, click on Apply and
      Ok

• Follow onscreen instructions.

Reply to the post with the required information and brief description about this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Amit_Sun Win User
    Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To create the Ethernet shortcut on your desktop, you can follow the step provided below.

Step: Create Ethernet shortcut on the desktop.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Type in ncpa.cpl
      and hit enter.
    3. You will see all your network adapter.
    4. Right click on your desired adapter and click on
      Create Shortcut and allow the prompt.
    5. Or you can drag and drop the network adapter on the desktop that will create a shortcut too.
    6. You can now right on the shortcut on your desktop and disable and enable internet connection.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Oct 26, 2019
  6. How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Create Available Networks shortcut in Windows 10

1. Create Available Networks shortcut in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create Available Networks

2. Stop windows from creating Network Shortcuts automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop windows from creating Network Shortcuts automatically: I'm not really sure why but windows is creating a shortcut on AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Network Shortcuts named Documents with the same icon as the User/Documents folder and of course it's appearing on on the This computeron top of the C drive section on the left side...
  3. Stop windows from creating Network Shortcuts automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop windows from creating Network Shortcuts automatically: I'm not really sure why but windows is creating a shortcut on AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Network Shortcuts named Documents with the same icon as the User/Documents folder and of course it's appearing on on the This computeron top of the C drive section on the left side...
  4. How do I creat a network shortcut?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I creat a network shortcut?: I have created a shared folder on my linux machine and would like to access it from my windows machine. I am trying to create a shortcut on my windows desktop that links to the folder on the linux desktop using the location "\\<ipaddress>\<shared_folder>". Windows security...
  5. How do I creat a network shortcut?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I creat a network shortcut?: I have created a shared folder on my linux machine and would like to access it from my windows machine. I am trying to create a shortcut on my windows desktop that links to the folder on the linux desktop using the location "\\<ipaddress>\<shared_folder>". Windows security...
  6. CREATING SHORTCUTS IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    CREATING SHORTCUTS IN WINDOWS 10: WITH WINDOWS 8 AND PRIOR VERSIONS I HAVE ALWAYS ENJOYED CREATING A DESKTOP SHORT CUT FOR EASY ACCESS. I AM SEEKING ADVICE ON HOW TO CREATE THESE IN WINDOWS 10. I AM ABLE TO DO THIS WITH SOME WEBSITES BUT NOT ALL. QUITE OFTEN I END UP WITH THE CHOICE OF SAVING AS A...
  7. create shortcuts in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    create shortcuts in windows 10: I have a new harddrive and before could create shortcuts to save icons on desktop but this new hard drive will not let me do it and had windows 10 before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-shortcuts-in-windows-10/9fc8aeae-3ece-406b-adcf-5ecbd3991e61"
  8. Create Network Connections Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Network Connections Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Network Connections Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create Network Connections Shortcut in Windows 10 A network connection is a set of information that enables your computer to connect to the Internet, a network, or another computer. When you install a...
  9. Create Search Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Search Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Search Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Search Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 offers you many ways to search for files. One way is in File Explorer. This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Search shortcut...
  10. Create Settings shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Settings shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Settings shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Settings shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Most of the settings you'll want to change in Windows 10 are in Settings. Settings is organized into the separate System, Devices, Network & Internet,...