Windows 10: create/change a pin when you forgot the pin and need the old one to create/change to a new one

Discus and support create/change a pin when you forgot the pin and need the old one to create/change to a new one in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; tried to create a new pin since I forgot the old pin but they require the old one to change to a new one. How is one to do it??? Thanks for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Shelguy, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Shelguy Win User

create/change a pin when you forgot the pin and need the old one to create/change to a new one

tried to create a new pin since I forgot the old pin but they require the old one to change to a new one. How is one to do it??? Thanks for help....Shelguy

:)

Shelguy, Jul 14, 2018

2. Changed my PIN !!! But can sign into the PC with the old one... while the new one can be used in the old PIN column in the change pin option to create a new PIN again.. !!! what is going on !!??

Hi,

I am using windows 10... Today, I remember changing my PIN in the sign in options of my PC !! The new PIN had one number in addition to the old PIN !! So anyway, I then browsed on facebook for a while, changed the facebook password, etc... And when I restarted
    my PC, and when I typed the PIN while signing in, the PC opened before I typed the new additional number !! ie, the PC opened to the old PIN number !!! I restarted again.... and the same thing happened !! I got confused whether I changed the PIN or not !!!
    So, I decided to change my PIN number, and in the old PIN column in the change pin option, I typed the new one I had created to see if it shows an error when creating another PIN using that one... !! But the PIN with the additional number got considered as
    the old PIN and I created a new PIN using it as the old one !!!! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE ?? I mean, which is the right PIN then ??? The latest one got considered as the PIN when I changed it again... but when I try to sign into the PC, the older one is accepted
    !! WHY IS THIS HAPPENING !!!?????? Is my PC compromised or something ???

its Benoy here, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Try the steps here:

• Navigate to PC Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options. Click on I forgot my PIN link.
    • Next, click on the Continue button in the Are you sure you forgot your PIN? screen.
    • You can now add a new PIN and click OK.

Gina_on_the_thread, Jul 14, 2018
  4. create/change a pin when you forgot the pin and need the old one to create/change to a new one

Problem Changing PIN or Hitting forgot my PIN

I forgot what build # it was but it was created before the offical relase of Windows 10 (When it was in development)

Christian Edwards, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

create/change a pin when you forgot the pin and need the old one to create/change to a new one

1. create/change a pin when you forgot the pin and need the old one to create/change to a new one - Similar Threads - create change pin

2. Pin changed, won't recognize the new one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin changed, won't recognize the new one.: Please can you help me change my pin code on laptop to one they works? I changed my pin code yesterday, now it doesn't let me in! Tried old one, nope, nothing! Just sent for a code, nothing in Outlook can't through. I couldn't even get updated emails on there, then when I did...
  3. Pin changed, won't recognize the new one.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin changed, won't recognize the new one.: Please can you help me change my pin code on laptop to one they works? I changed my pin code yesterday, now it doesn't let me in! Tried old one, nope, nothing! Just sent for a code, nothing in Outlook can't through. I couldn't even get updated emails on there, then when I did...
  4. How to change your pin when you forgot the old one?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change your pin when you forgot the old one?: So, I was playing a game with my friend on a PC. Everything has been normal up until today because it has asked me for my pin, and I have never had to put it in, nor do I remember setting it up. My issue is that when I go into my settings to change the pin it says I have to...
  5. How to change your pin when you forgot the old one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change your pin when you forgot the old one?: So, I was playing a game with my friend on a PC. Everything has been normal up until today because it has asked me for my pin, and I have never had to put it in, nor do I remember setting it up. My issue is that when I go into my settings to change the pin it says I have to...
  6. How to change your pin when you forgot the old one?

7. Create a new PIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create a new PIN: My Windows 10 machine recently did an update. When complete my machine said my PIN is no longer available to do the change in security settings on my device. Then it asked me to click to set up pin again. When I did so the windows account page came up login page came up....
  8. Create a new PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a new PIN: My Windows 10 machine recently did an update. When complete my machine said my PIN is no longer available to do the change in security settings on my device. Then it asked me to click to set up pin again. When I did so the windows account page came up login page came up....
  9. Need to create PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to create PIN: Is there any fix for this? My computer was repaired and the mother board replaced. Upon booting the repaired computer I was asked to create a new PIN Windows 11. I entered my Microsoft account and password and was told a verification code was being sent to my phone via text....
  10. Need to create PIN

Need to create PIN: Is there any fix for this? My computer was repaired and the mother board replaced. Upon booting the repaired computer I was asked to create a new PIN Windows 11. I entered my Microsoft account and password and was told a verification code was being sent to my phone via text....