Windows 10: Create custom tiles on Windows 10 with Better StartMenu

Discus and support Create custom tiles on Windows 10 with Better StartMenu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I just published an app to create tiles on Windows 10 Start Menu. It's called "Better StartMenu". You can try it for free. Better StartMenu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kerimka, Aug 5, 2015.

1. kerimka Win User

Create custom tiles on Windows 10 with Better StartMenu

Hi,

I just published an app to create tiles on Windows 10 Start Menu. It's called "Better StartMenu". You can try it for free.

Better StartMenu

Here's Windows Store link:
    https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9NBLGGH1XTDX

Here's a screenshot of what you can do with Better StartMenu.

Create custom tiles on Windows 10 with Better StartMenu [​IMG]

[youtube]UE79_sKUcbY[/youtube]

:)

kerimka, Aug 5, 2015
  2. Davelew Win User

Can't rename desktop tiles pinned to start in Windows 10

I am using an app called 'Better StartMenu'. The enables you to name the tile and add an image using Edge.

Took me a little while to understand you need to download 'Better Start Menu Helper' but now works a treat.

Davelew, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Changing the name of a Tile on the Start page?

You can create Custom Tiles.

How to create custom Start menu Tiles in Windows 10 using TileCreator

https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-custo...

How to Add, Remove, and Customize Tiles on the Windows 10 Start Menu

https://www.howtogeek.com/223254/how-to-add-rem...

And

"Edit Name & Icon of Start Menu Tiles

Don’t like the name of a given tile in your Start Menu? Right-click the tile, select Open file location, then rename the respective file in Windows Explorer. While you’re at it, you can also change the icon used for the tile. In Windows Explorer, right click
    the file, select Properties, in the Shortcut tab click Change Icon…, and select a given icon or Browse… for an alternative one on your computer."

Is a quote from:

6 Way to Hack & Customize the Windows 10 Start Menu

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/6-ways-hack-custo...

Hope those help.

SpiritX MS MVP, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

Create custom tiles on Windows 10 with Better StartMenu

1. Create custom tiles on Windows 10 with Better StartMenu - Similar Threads - Create custom tiles

2. Windows 10 updates..... customers deserve better.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates..... customers deserve better.: I am a late adopter to windows 10 in my home. it's been on my work laptop for years but I don't manage that.This is a rantI completely agree with and respect MS's decision to provide security patches to critical issues. These are a no-brainer and anyone who doesn't ensure...
  3. Create custom tile for web link? With custom image on tile?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create custom tile for web link? With custom image on tile?: I want to make a tile for a web link to a site. I can find old instructions to do that natively using the Edge browser. A 2015 CNET article gives instructions for doing this for Firefox. I don't know if the information I found still works. My preference would be to use the...
  4. Is Better Startmenu still the best way to have custom tiles in your start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Better Startmenu still the best way to have custom tiles in your start menu?: I've been getting some strange bugs with better startmenu for a while now and was wondering if someone came up with a better way to customize tiles for the start menu? submitted by /u/KevlarBoxers [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows 10 Customization - Startmenu,desktop and others.

Windows 10 Customization - Startmenu,desktop and others.: I am trying to customize a Windows 10 Deployment with below settings 1) Remove All application Icons from the default start menu and use only two links to some URLs. I have done this using the xml file and the problem is that the right click option is open on this tile . I...
  6. Windows 10 doesn't create startmenu subfolder

Windows 10 doesn't create startmenu subfolder: When I install multiple versions of same software, it should create subfolders in startmenu (it works in Win7). Is there any setting in Win10 that I need to enable for it?...
  7. Windows 10 Startmenu Tiles showing "down arrow" POSSIBLE SOLUTION

Windows 10 Startmenu Tiles showing "down arrow" POSSIBLE SOLUTION: Hi everyone, many of this discussions were locked so I couldn't answer. I've ran into the problem with a specific domain user on a fresh installed Windows 10 1809. Where some of the tiles e.g. MSN Weather didn't show up and got a down-arrow. All availlable Windows Updates...
  8. Creating Custom Tiles?

Creating Custom Tiles?: I can't seem to locate a program that will allow me to make a custom sized tile with a custom image that will allow me to link a program to the tile. The program I know of called WinTileR is no longer available and I now don't have any idea of what to do. 126604
  9. Create custom tiles

Create custom tiles: How can I create custom tiles? Can it be done within Win 10, or does it require third party software? Links? Thanks, Bill 42854
  10. Custom Tiles, no really, custom "tiles" see pic.

Custom Tiles, no really, custom "tiles" see pic.: I didn't find a post about this, only about the number and layout of the tiles so I'm sharing what I found. [img] Source: Win10Tile: Create Custom Start Menu Tiles In Windows 10 Pretty easy, you go find some box art or other art you like for your game/app and save...