Windows 10: create iso for w10

Discus and support create iso for w10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, upgraded W7 (clean install) to W10. on root C: have a folder C:\ESD\Windows that contains files and folders of DVD content (probably iso content,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mla, Jan 28, 2016.

1. MLA
    mla Win User

create iso for w10

Hi,
    upgraded W7 (clean install) to W10.
    on root C: have a folder C:\ESD\Windows that contains files and folders of DVD content (probably iso content, created during a setup) and related to reset if needed. See pic...
    The question:
    I want to create the iso containing these files and folders.
    I guess there is no problem to use it then for setting up W10 on VM.

Can I create a bootable DVD or USB key from the same ISO?
    I saw other different options... I really want to know if my questions of using existing directory C:\ESD\Windows make sense.

:)

2. I created a W10 recovery iso disc for my W10 laptop, can I use that same disc to upgrade my W7 desktop to Windows 10?

*Original Title: Using a W10 iso disc

I created a W10 recovery iso disc for my W10 laptop, can I use that same disc to upgrade my W7 desktop or do I have to go through the games of upgrading the computer?

Don

DonaldBueltmann, Jan 28, 2016
  3. W10 recovery on different computers

Can a usb recovery created on 1 windows 10 home computer be used on a different windows 10 home computer? Is it better to have the W10 iso created usb to recover from than a recovery usb made within W10?

Jim K of MD, Jan 28, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

create iso for w10

jds63, Jan 28, 2016
  5. MLA
    mla Win User
    after installing and activating W7 Pro (fresh), first thing, I opened IE and started upgrade process.
    Did it 2 days ago.
    here is the build:
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586
    Size:3.04GB (3.269.516.967 bytes)
    So you say that I can burn the content of my C:\ESD\Windows to DVD. Correct? Would it be bootable by default?

Also, I mentioned that I upgraded activated W7. I don't have a key for W10.
    Let say the computer will crash. Would the disk created from my ISO (I mean the content that I have on C: now) install OS that will be activated. Would it recognize the computer.
    If I will download ISO following your link it will be absolutely clean media no relation to previously existed installation...
    Am I wrong?
    Thanks.

6. jds63 Win User
    Part i do not understand was opening IE to upgrade. Seems like that content in C:\ESD is correct and if 3GB in size, but if want to just remove that and download the ISO and burn it to disc for future use that is best bet and you do have right build. Once burned to a DVD it will be bootable. Do not need a key to activate.

Answer this so i understand completely, have you activated and installed Windows 10 yet ?

jds63, Jan 28, 2016
  7. Word Man Win User
    Check "Tools" menu in IE. I guess it is or was functional in Win7?

Word Man, Jan 28, 2016
  8. MLA
    mla Win User

create iso for w10

> have you activated and installed Windows 10 yet ?
    Absolutely.
    1. Installed W7PRO and activated with the original key.
    2. > Part i do not understand was opening IE to upgrade.
    After first login to Windows 7 and activation, I just opened IE and first page that came up was the invitation for Upgrading to shiny W10.
    The 10 became activated and it is logical...
    3. Now I don't get *Smile yours:
    "but if want to just remove that and download the ISO and burn it to disc for future use that is best bet and you do have right build. Once burned to a DVD it will be bootable. Do not need a key to activate. "
    My question would a DVD created from my files will install W10 that will be automatically activated on the same hardware?
    Probably yes...
    And I guess the ISO just downloaded from MS will require the KEY. That is logical too...

9. jds63 Win User
    Once activated on a genuine copy of Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 you can do a clean install of Windows 10 on same PC again and again with activation. Also reset within Windows without a disc. Alright so you originally had Windows 7 Pro installed and activated then you took the upgrade and installed it from the download and activated it ?

Just saying if already have windows 10 installed and activated can download the ISO from the link and create a disc or use files on PC, but i never saw it this way for me with those files created, so in case can download ISO keep that for future use in case of. Maybe i am missing something here.

jds63, Jan 28, 2016
  10. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Jan 28, 2016
  11. MLA
    mla Win User
    now running recoverydisk to 8GB stick.
    So I decided first to use our old friend "Acronis". I will capture my new W10 with all apps to attached HD.

Then I want to experiment with created stick and play with DVD created from the directory mentioned above.
    Having Acronis image handy I can put my hands to W10 native Recovery utilities.
    Thanks.

12. jds63 Win User
    So using Acronis to make a system image of Windows 10 in state it is in right now ? Only reason to have a copy of Windows 10 disc or bootable USB drive would be 1. To do a clean install 2. If issues booting up PC.
    Whatever you decide can free up that space it is using now being on the hard drive. Your Welcome !

jds63, Jan 28, 2016
  13. MLA
    mla Win User

create iso for w10

> Usually like what you see in this tutorial, once downloaded get WindowsBT folder and can make an ISO from a install.esd file, but never seen it created already

just to make off "frustrations"...
    I did upgrade of machine with VLK license... so probably this build allows to make the directory I am talking about created without any hassle.
    Looks like very user-friendly to me *Smile

Thema:

create iso for w10

1. create iso for w10 - Similar Threads - create iso w10

2. How to create a ISO file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create a ISO file: Ok so I have a few files and now I want to compress them into a .iso file. Does anyone know how to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-iso-file/c94b6ba2-c325-42ff-b93c-550eef07fa4b
  3. How to create a ISO file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create a ISO file: Ok so I have a few files and now I want to compress them into a .iso file. Does anyone know how to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-iso-file/c94b6ba2-c325-42ff-b93c-550eef07fa4b
  4. creating iso to install windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    creating iso to install windows: I am trying to create a Windows ISO file. I am using the windows media creation tool. I have a 500 GB SD card in order to download it onto. I have 25 GB free on my C: drive. I have directed the download to the SD card. After it downloads the OS and verifies it, it begins...
  5. Creating a USB with Windows ISO

Creating a USB with Windows ISO: Need help creating a USB with Win 10 ISO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-usb-with-windows-iso/e15bd990-5861-4033-9416-05baf524176e
  6. Creating bootable unattended ISO..

Creating bootable unattended ISO..: Hi, Is there a proper way to create an unattended bootable ISO (the methods I have tried thus far do NOT work). I have the following ISO files. 1. Windows 10 1903 ISO directly downloaded from Microsoft. 2. Windows ADK for 1903. I only took the auto answer file part from...
  7. create bootable iso for 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    create bootable iso for 1803: hi joydeep sir what tool i will use to create bootable iso for 1803 as 1809 got totally due to some bugs or isolated reported issue by customers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-bootable-iso-for-1803/57e5925e-8d7a-4f8a-b056-360d3dc43a66
  8. How often are W10 ISO's updated?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How often are W10 ISO's updated?: One of my pc's has turned it's toes up with the latest update. This also happened at the beginning of October and I downloaded an ISO from Microsoft on the third of the month and performed an install from within Windows keeping files, etc. Today, I downloaded another ISO...
  9. Does the ISO W10 Disk create the W7 recovery image?

Does the ISO W10 Disk create the W7 recovery image?: I created ISO disks for both my 32 bit and 64 bit systems at the MS download site. If I use the ISO disk instead of the Windows Update method, does the install still create the W7 image in case I want to go back to W7 after installing W10? Also, do I boot from the disk or...
  10. Create a WinPE USB or ISO

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create a WinPE USB or ISO: How to: Create a WinPE USB or ISO [img] Information Windows Preinstallation Environment (WinPE) boot device belongs to every geeks toolbox. A quote from Wikipedia: WinPE was originally intended to be used only as a pre-installation platform for deploying Microsoft...