Windows 10: Create new user, no desktop or taskbar

Discus and support Create new user, no desktop or taskbar in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi. I'm running W10 pro 64 bit, had Creators Update, ver 10.0.15063. When I create a new user, either using a Microsoft account, or not, when I first... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by contrex, Apr 27, 2017.

1. contrex Win User

Create new user, no desktop or taskbar

Hi. I'm running W10 pro 64 bit, had Creators Update, ver 10.0.15063. When I create a new user, either using a Microsoft account, or not, when I first log in to as that new user, it takes a very long time, I see the rotating circle of dots, then that goes and I get a black screen with just the mouse cursor visible. I can move it about. If I do Ctrl-Alt-Delete I can select Task Manager and from there start applications such as a command prompt, Firefox, etc. If I elevate the prompt I can stop and start Explorer but that still doesn't give me a desktop. I have tried copying the Users\Default folder from another W10 pro 64 bit system, but I still get the same result. The two existing users are working fine. Any ideas?

:)

contrex, Apr 27, 2017
  2. Arul_D Win User

Taskbar toolbar "Desktop" opens behind Taskbar

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• What are you exactly referring to when you say “Taskbar-toolbar "Desktop" added to the Taskbar”?
    For testing, I suggest you to create a new user account and check the status of this issue.

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Reply us back with the results. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Apr 27, 2017
  3. dpepper73 Win User
    Why do my quick launch icons flash when I click on the Chrome quick launch icon? Win 10

I created a new user account in Windows 10 and I also created a Google Chrome quick launch icon for the taskbar, because I needed that to see if the problem (blinking taskbar icons) was present in the new user account. I clicked on the Chrome icon and there
    were no blinks or flashing icons. In other words, the problem wasn't present in the new user account. The problem isn't present in my brother's user account either.

I don't want to start all over with a new user account however. I'm not sure if that is what you were suggesting or not. If the problem was more serious then I would start over with a new user account. But as far as I can tell, the only problem is with
    the Google Chrome taskbar icon and the Google Chrome desktop icon.

I performed a Clean boot on my user account and still experienced the blinking icons. So I don't know what else to do. I'm not very worried about it at this time, but if you have any further suggestions for me then I'll be glad to hear them.

Thanks.

dpepper73, Apr 27, 2017
  4. contrex Win User

Update - copied ntuser.dat from a working user's folder into default; now able to create new users and log them in.

contrex, Apr 28, 2017
Thema:

1. Create new user, no desktop or taskbar - Similar Threads - Create user desktop

2. Start Menu and Taskbar Not Working, Cannot Create New User Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu and Taskbar Not Working, Cannot Create New User Profile: My start menu icon no longer works. I cannot access the start menu using the icon or Windows button. All I get is the revolving blue circle twice.None of the icons on the task bar work as well, calendar, volume, etc., including the search bar. The icons I do have pinned...
  3. Taskbar Search for user created shortcuts

in Cortana
    Taskbar Search for user created shortcuts: I have always used the Taskbar Search as a launcher for apps AND Internet Shortcuts. While the Taskbar Search still works for apps, it no longer finds Internet Shortcuts that I have created and saved in my Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder. I am using a work...
  4. New User Created on my Desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New User Created on my Desktop?: So I noticed this a month ago; I have 2 main users on my computer but now I have a 3rd one titled ' MS ' (I'm assuming this stands for Microsoft). I'm just worried because why is there a new account being created only on my desktop without my notification (I've never ever...
  5. Creating New Tabs vs Creating new Desktops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating New Tabs vs Creating new Desktops: Hello, I just switched back to windows from my mac, and I've gotten used to the triple swipe gesture to change desktops on mac. The default windows configuration is to change tabs with the triple swipe. This irks me because because I'm used to the real time smooth motion of...
  6. Create new user on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create new user on desktop: How can one create a new user on a desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-user-on-desktop/a51b28e1-964a-4edb-90a2-c0b73cd123a4
  7. Create new User account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create new User account: Split from this thread. Greetings and happy new year to you, Greg, Master of Windows 10! Would you do me the honor or assisting me with any advice how to repair my very LIGHT corrupted user in Win 10. I want to keep all the "links" the user has. My outlook mails mostly...
  8. Create new taskbar toolbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Create new taskbar toolbar: I had a small area (toolbar) in the left side of my taskbar, next to the Start button. I used it to store shortcuts to my most-used programs. It also stored my "show desktop" icon, but forgot where that's stored. Somehow, it was removed and I want to restore or create a new...
  9. Unable to use taskbar function when create new user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to use taskbar function when create new user account: When I created a new user account, be it a local admin or standard user account or even logged in using Windows ID account, it all resulted with the same issue. I have no functionality of the taskbar at all. Not when clicking with my mouse or hitting the windows button....
  10. Taskbar Items No Longer Work, No Apps, Unable to Create New User...

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Items No Longer Work, No Apps, Unable to Create New User...: 1st post here so be gentle lol. My PC has been runnign great for the most part on Windows 10 since July 29th. However, yesterday I came upstairs to find my PC's screen blacked out (still on however) and unresponsive so I had to hit reset and sure enough it finished Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. No desktop for new user

2. new user taskbar