Windows 10: Create password reset disk link not working

Discus and support Create password reset disk link not working in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm using Administrator account on my PC, when I click on "Create a password reset disk" nothing happens, what's the issue? or again it's Windows 10... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by KasperKyd, Sep 28, 2015.

1. KasperKyd Win User

Create password reset disk link not working

I'm using Administrator account on my PC, when I click on "Create a password reset disk" nothing happens, what's the issue? or again it's Windows 10 thing!! *Confused

:)

KasperKyd, Sep 28, 2015

2. Create password reset disk windows 10 nothing happens

What has been said previously was not made clear- I too had the problem of the Create Password Reset Disk - clicking the link DID NOT WORK.

The solution for me was I had an account that linked/logged on as a web login (but was never used or logged in!).

I had to "manage" user accounts, delete the web account, and the Reset Disk link still DID NOT WORK.

There is nothing that Prompts you to restart the computer, but knowing Microsoft, I did anyway.

After restart, I WAS able to successfully create the password reset disk/USB disk.

adminman7771, Sep 28, 2015
  3. create password reset disk for windows 10

I also didn't have the "Create Password reset disk" link, on the left or anywhere on the page, so I pasted the Create Password reset disk in the search box on the upper right of the Account page and the link came up and just clicked on it. Easy and fast
    solution.

GaryJohnson_123, Sep 28, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello KasperKyd, *Smile

Just to verify, do you mean that you are using the built-in elevated "Administrator" account, or that your account is an administrator type?

If built-in "Administrator", did you already add a password to it.

If just an administrator type, then you can't create a password reset disk if it's a Microsoft account instead of a local account.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Sep 28, 2015
  5. KasperKyd Win User
    Hi Brink,

I use the built-in Admin "Administrator" set with a password.

KasperKyd, Sep 28, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 28, 2015
  7. KasperKyd Win User
    Nop same thing with USB stick plugged in, nothing happens at all when I click on it!! seems like a bug to me *Huh

KasperKyd, Sep 28, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Strange.

Of course, you could keep the password written down in safe place to have as needed instead.

Otherwise, you could run a SFC /SCANNOW command to see if it finds and repairs any corrupted or modified system files that may be at fault.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Sep 28, 2015
  9. KasperKyd Win User
    It works after a Windows reboot, either I'm that silly or it's Windows lol

Thanks Brink

KasperKyd, Sep 29, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Odd quirk, but I'm happy to hear that you got it sorted. *Smile

Brink, Sep 29, 2015
  11. jto654 Win User
    Weird thing is I had to the same thing. Guess it is a Windows 10 thing that you have to reboot it once before you can do a password reset disk.

jto654, Feb 9, 2016
  12. lx07 Win User
    You have to sign on using the password also. If you sign on with PIN it doesn't work - it doesn't register it somewhere I suppose.

Thema:

1. Create password reset disk link not working - Similar Threads - Create password reset

2. create password reset disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    create password reset disk: Hi,I wanted to get a password reset disk and i already plugged my key and everything works fine except when i open the forgotten password wizard it asks me for my password but the thing is since i'm on windows 11 i have a pin and facial recognition but i don't have a password...
  3. create password reset disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    create password reset disk: Hi,I wanted to get a password reset disk and i already plugged my key and everything works fine except when i open the forgotten password wizard it asks me for my password but the thing is since i'm on windows 11 i have a pin and facial recognition but i don't have a password...
  4. How to reset password If you have NOT created a password reset disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset password If you have NOT created a password reset disk: Dear Microsoft,A few weeks before, when I logged into my laptop, the method which I use to log in which is the PIN code method had suddenly disappeared. I then tried logging in via my other log in methods but I forgot the password.I am now stuck with 90GB of data less, which...
  5. Create Password Reset Disk link does not respond

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create Password Reset Disk link does not respond: In trying to follow the instructions for creating a Password Reset Disk, when I click on that option under User Accounts, nothing happens. Any advice appreciated, thanks!The panel I am looking at when I try to perform this operation can be seen here....
  6. create a password reset disk is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    create a password reset disk is not working: When I try to open create password reset disk . It show nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-password-reset-disk-is-not-working/5af9bf9f-0d0c-4482-83b1-6c6fad21a781
  7. Create a password reset disk link won't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create a password reset disk link won't work: I logged in to my admin account to create a password reset disk. In Control Panel, I searched for "password reset" and clicked the link "Create password reset disk", but nothing happens. The link is clickable it's underlined and blue. I waited several minutes with no success....
  8. Create a password reset disk.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Create a password reset disk.: Hello, I need help to create a Password reset disk. I have a USB Flash Drive. Would someone please give me the steps to do this? Thanks, A.W. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-password-reset-disk/32e5bdf5-48bc-4529-a088-6539ddee73ed
  9. create a password reset disk

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    create a password reset disk: How do you create a password reset disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-password-reset-disk/14c2a1e2-262c-4712-8e0a-c48c5a2aa811
  10. create password reset disk

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    create password reset disk: How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-password-reset-disk/098afeed-b983-4819-b205-cc7dfd4cb75d"