Windows 10: Create Photo problem for sign in screen

Discus and support Create Photo problem for sign in screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I click on the Browse button to find a photo to use for my sign on page, nothing happens. Any suggestions? I've attached a screen shot of the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mitrajoon, Dec 26, 2015.

1. mitrajoon Win User

Create Photo problem for sign in screen

When I click on the Browse button to find a photo to use for my sign on page, nothing happens. Any suggestions?

I've attached a screen shot of the Settings page I am referring to. Browse Button does not work.

:)

mitrajoon, Dec 26, 2015
  2. lacrumb Win User

sign on screen

Settings, Personalization, Lock screen.

There you have the default photos or you can use Browse and pick a photo you have on the computer.

Now the Lock screen and the Sign-in screen are the same if you turn the " Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" on or else the sign-in screen is blank.

lacrumb, Dec 26, 2015
  3. MikeInA2 Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade/update log in issue

following instructions to sign in with a local account initially switches over to the proper screen and lock screen photo. However, when the computer is restarted, it goes back to requiring me to sign in twice (and displays incorrect lock screen photo).

MikeInA2, Dec 26, 2015
  4. mitrajoon Win User

Can no one help? I've added screen shot of problem setting in first post.

mitrajoon, Dec 26, 2015
  5. Antilope Win User
    On my laptop, when I click on BROWSE in SETTINGS, PERSONALIZATION, BACKGROUND, it opens a pop up window to my This PC/Pictures folder. It does take 5 or 10 seconds to open the window. Are you waiting long enough?

Antilope, Dec 26, 2015
  6. mitrajoon Win User
    Yes. Clicking on the browse button doesn't have any effect.

mitrajoon, Dec 26, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    Is your edition of Windows activated?

Edwin, Dec 26, 2015
  8. mitrajoon Win User

Sorry, I don't know what that means: (is your edition of Windows activated).

mitrajoon, Dec 26, 2015
  9. Edwin New Member
    Create Photo problem for sign in screen [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 26, 2015
  10. mitrajoon Win User
    OK, I just checked and Windows is activated. I think in cleaning up apps, Icons and files I must have switched off something, maybe in Services. I just realized I have the same problem with browsing for a picture to add to my Background. The Browse button doesn't work there either.

EDIT:
    It just occurred to me that the Browse buttons might be directed to the MS Photo folder. I deleted that folder and all the others like it as I keep my data on a separate internal drive. Could this be the case? If so I will need to change something to redirect the Browse buttons to my D Drive.

mitrajoon, Dec 27, 2015
  11. Edwin New Member
    Yes it does direct you to 'Photos' by default, that could be the problem.

Create Photo problem for sign in screen [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 27, 2015
  12. mitrajoon Win User
    How can I get the Browse buttons to redirect to D: Photos?

mitrajoon, Dec 27, 2015
  13. Edwin New Member

I would guess the folders you deleted need to be re-created.
    Perhaps a Reset is in order.

Edwin, Dec 27, 2015
  14. mitrajoon Win User
    Thanks but putting that folder back is a bit of a capitulation and wouldn't do me any good. All my photos are on another drive. Regarding a reset, I've spent days getting W10 set up so that I can use it effectively. There's no way I'd start over.

I do sincerely appreciate your time on this and the many other issues you have helped me and others on.

Ideally someone will come up with a work around. If not, a plain gray circle with my name in it isn't the worse thing I've had to deal with*Smile

R/Jim

mitrajoon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Create Photo problem for sign in screen - Similar Threads - Create Photo problem

2. Windows 10 Sign in Screen Different Language for Photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Sign in Screen Different Language for Photo: My format is English United States.My system locale, Windows display language, and speech is also the same.I don't know why Windows started displaying messages in a different language. How do I change the it back to English?...
  3. Windows 10 Sign in Screen Different Language for Photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Sign in Screen Different Language for Photo: My format is English United States.My system locale, Windows display language, and speech is also the same.I don't know why Windows started displaying messages in a different language. How do I change the it back to English?...
  4. Adding a profile photo to the windows 8.1 sign in screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding a profile photo to the windows 8.1 sign in screen.: How to add a profile photo to the sign in screen in Windows 8.1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-profile-photo-to-the-windows-81-sign-in/ac01eb27-68b5-41ad-825e-4b1765e00b01
  5. Adding a profile photo to the windows 8.1 sign in screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding a profile photo to the windows 8.1 sign in screen.: How to add a profile photo to the sign in screen in Windows 8.1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-profile-photo-to-the-windows-81-sign-in/ac01eb27-68b5-41ad-825e-4b1765e00b01
  6. Signing in and Creating pin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Signing in and Creating pin: After I sign in my acc the next thing to do is to create pin but when I click the next, it won't work. If I click skip, I need to start again from the beginning and same things goes....
  7. Sign In Screen Photo Bomb

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign In Screen Photo Bomb: I now have a small circle photo that appears when at my PIN login above the PIN box, over the fuzzed Lock Screen image that is NSFW - and no, it's not one I have ever seen, down- or uploaded. I've done a full scan, made lock screen changes, and it still shows up at every...
  8. Microsoft Sign In Problem Screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Sign In Problem Screen: Recently I have been getting a screen that says there was a problem signing in. It seems to happen when I am browsing for MS information. I don't have a problem signing into my desktop, or signing into this forum. Could this be a virus ? Following is the screen that...
  9. Problem Creating DVD's out of MS Photos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem Creating DVD's out of MS Photos: I used the new Photos app that comes with Windows 10, and spent hours and hours creating a new video using photos on my computer. I included a variety of features including 3D images, etc. When I completed the video in Photos, it seemed to create a good MP4 video file....
  10. windows 1903 sign in screen problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 1903 sign in screen problem: My computer updated to 1903, and when it restarted it went to mysign in screen asking for my password or pin number. I put it in and then I got a blue screen saying my user profile did not load, so I'm not able to get into my computer. It also does'nt have an option now to...