Windows 10: Create Printer Queue Shortcut in Windows 10

Discus and support Create Printer Queue Shortcut in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create Printer Queue Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information The print queue shows the status of what documents have been sent from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Create Printer Queue Shortcut in Windows 10

How to: Create Printer Queue Shortcut in Windows 10

Create Printer Queue Shortcut in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information The print queue shows the status of what documents have been sent from the computer to the printer and are waiting to be printed.

If you have a local or network printer connected to your PC, it could be handy to have a shortcut of its queue to make it easier to see what's printing and pause or cancel print jobs as needed for that printer.

This tutorial will show you how to create a print queue shortcut for a connected local or network printer in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Printer queue

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2. Click/tap on Printers & scanners on the left side, and make note of the printer name (ex: "Microsoft Print to PDF") that you want to create a shortcut to its print queue. (see screenshot below)

3. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.

4. Enter the command below into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow rundll32.exe printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /o /n "Printer name"

Note Substitute Printer name in the command above with the actual printer name (ex: "Microsoft Print to PDF") you wanted from step 2 above.

For example: rundll32.exe printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /o /n "Microsoft Print to PDF"

5. Enter a name (ex: "Microsoft Print to PDF queue") you want for the shortcut, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)

6. Right click or press and hold on the new shortcut, and click/tap on Properties.

7. Click/tap on the Shortcut tab, then click/tap on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)

8. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow %SystemRoot%\System32\imageres.dll

9. Select the icon highlighted in blue above, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot above)
    NOTE: You could use any icon that you would like instead though.

10. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below step 7)

11. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 12, 2017
  2. Brink Win User

Automatically show print queue?

Hello Gerry, Create Printer Queue Shortcut in Windows 10 :)

I'm not certain for how to have the printer queue automatically open, but you should have a printer queue icon in the taskbar notification area whenever you have a print job that you can click on to open it.

If you like, you could also use the method in the tutorial below to create a shortcut of the printer queue.

*Arrow Create Printer Queue Shortcut in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 laptop and envy printer queue

Hi Roger,

There are several ways to remove an item on the printer queue. One way is to
    turn off/on your printer then delete the item on the queue. We suggest that you follow the steps in this

article
    for further assistance. Though the article is for Windows XP,
    the methods listed in that article can be applied in Windows 10.

You can also reach out to your printer manufacturer's customer support for additional assistance regarding this issue.

Should you have questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Rocky Win User

What Is The New Printer Queues For In The Device Manager?

In the Anniversary Edition of Windows 10 there is a new category called PRINTER QUEUES. Does this take the place of the PRINTER listing, and if it does why did they change the name of it?

Rocky, Oct 26, 2019
  5. How to create 2 print queues with one printer

Thank you, Ruth for your reply, but no, it wasn't helpful. I have no difficulty creating a single printer. I can easily make that printer either duplex or not duplex. What I would like to do is create two printer queues to the same printer, one duplex
    and one not. I would like to be able to copy the one printer queue that I have then modify the duplexing on the second printer. The problem is how to create 2 queues to the same printer.

As I said in my initial post, I had no difficulty doing that on Windows 7. I can't figure out how to create 2 print queues to the same printer in Windows 10.

RandyHarris, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Printer queue problem

Hi Richard,

The issue with your printer’s queue could be a result of a conflict between the actions being requested to be performed on the PC and the action being done by the PC. As initial troubleshooting, we suggest running the built-in troubleshooter
    for your printer. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows icon.
    • Choose Settings.
    • Under Settings, choose Update & Security.
    • On the options on the left-hand side of the window, click Troubleshoot.
    • Under Get up and running, select Printer and click Run
      the troubleshooter

Don’t hesitate to give us updates on your query.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Arthur Rui, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Create Printer Queue Shortcut in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create Printer Queue

2. Printer queue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer queue: In bottom right corner I used to have a printer icon. It's not there now. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-queue/12b28b2b-9f70-4e6c-9d27-410c09ae6d22
  3. Printer queue

Printer queue: Hello, I am having a strange problem with my print queue. Normal printing works fine. But for some reason my print queue apparently does not delete the documents from the queue after they are printed or they are stored somewhere else?. Whenever I restart my computer or...
  4. Creating a shortcut for printer/scanner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating a shortcut for printer/scanner: I can not figure out a way to create a shortcut for my Canon MG5220 onto my desktop. I no longer have the installation cd. But I have however installed the current driver. But on the start menu I'm not seeing the printer to right click on it. I've read many of the posts...
  5. Printer queue

Printer queue: Printer queue will not cancel print job. I have already shut off and unplugged the printer. What do I need to do know? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-queue/0068987e-5a23-4bf8-8228-f823c614f771
  6. Printer queue

Printer queue: I have had a text file being deleted for two days. This is despite cold reboots. Every time I go to print anything, this same doc shows it is still deleting. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-queue/5a35f085-db4e-48bc-abf4-c0f35f6451a8
  7. create a desktop shortcut for a printer

create a desktop shortcut for a printer: How do I create a desktop shortcut in Windows 10 for a printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-desktop-shortcut-for-a-printer/86732439-44f4-4406-a7c0-de42c5e8a5e4
  8. Printer Queue

Printer Queue: Why doesn't my printer queue clear after printing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-queue/19e18439-4811-49de-9992-4c4ef9ff9d26
  9. Create Devices and Printers Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Devices and Printers Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Devices and Printers Shortcut in Windows [img] Information Devices and Printers (aka: Device Stage), gives you a quick view and access of all of your connected and wireless devices on your computer in one place. By viewing the contents of this folder, you...
  10. Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows [img] Information The Printers folder allows you to see all printers in one location to make it easy to manage them. This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Printers folder shortcut in Windows 7,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. printer queue shortcut

2. open print queue shortcut