Windows 10: Create recovery drive with "backup of system files" option.

Discus and support Create recovery drive with "backup of system files" option. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello friends! I have a little doubt regarding the creation of a recovery disc.When starting the creation of a recovery unit, if I select the option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Molokon, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Molokon Win User

Create recovery drive with "backup of system files" option.

Hello friends!

I have a little doubt regarding the creation of a recovery disc.When starting the creation of a recovery unit, if I select the option "Back up system files to the recovery drive", according to the media creation program, I can perform a Windows installation with that disk.Does that mean that on that disk will be stored both the recovery drive and the files needed to perform a clean installation of Windows?

Many thanks!

:)

Molokon, Apr 23, 2017

2. Windows 10 on Surface Pro 3 - Creating Recovery Drive

I have a Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10. I'm trying to create a Recovery Drive. If the option "Backup System Files" is checked (it needs to be), I immediately get the error message "a problem occurred while creating the recovery drive" even before I get
    the chance to select my USB disk. If I deselect the "Backup System Files" option, it performs as expected. Deselecting is not an option. Is this a known bug in Windows 10? And please don't post about Anti Viruses and 3rd Party Applications - this is a
    factory new Surface Pro 3 with no third party software installed. Thank-you.

Garry G. Green (The Real One), Apr 23, 2017
  3. SueG-MD Win User
    can't create recovery drive for win10 build 10240

After 3 attempts to create a recovery drive, unchecking that box allowed me to create the recovery drive. Thanks.

SueG-MD, Apr 23, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

You have to backup system files or else you will not be able to use recovery drive in event hard drive fails.

You would have to create a usb installation drive (on another pc) if you do not select that option now.

cereberus, Apr 23, 2017
Thema:

1. Create recovery drive with "backup of system files" option. - Similar Threads - Create recovery drive

2. Recovery and Backup Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery and Backup Options: System image over recovery drive or BOTH along with file history? From what I understand a recovery drive is system data and you will lose installed apps & personal data files. System image will cover everything, the entire drive/disk, correct? I just updated my USB Recovery...
  3. Recovery and Backup Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery and Backup Options: System image over recovery drive or BOTH along with file history? From what I understand a recovery drive is system data and you will lose installed apps & personal data files. System image will cover everything, the entire drive/disk, correct? I just updated my USB Recovery...
  4. Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it: I'm wondering if I want to create a windows backup and I choose the D drive which where I already have some documents on it, the backup will automatically delete the files or will create an folder and the other stuff next to the folder I already have on it? I just have a...
  5. Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it: I'm wondering if I want to create a windows backup and I choose the D drive which where I already have some documents on it, the backup will automatically delete the files or will create an folder and the other stuff next to the folder I already have on it? I just have a...
  6. Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Trying to set up a recovery drive and backup system files

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Trying to set up a recovery drive and backup system files: I am trying to follow these steps to set up a recovery disc onto a 128-GB flash drive. I am in Administrator mode. If I check the "back up systems files to the recovery drive" option, selecting to proceed, and waiting for a few minutes, the recovery drive creator won't let me...
  8. Trying to set up a recovery drive and backup system files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Trying to set up a recovery drive and backup system files: I am trying to follow these steps to set up a recovery disc onto a 128-GB flash drive. I am in Administrator mode. If I check the "back up systems files to the recovery drive" option, selecting to proceed, and waiting for a few minutes, the recovery drive creator won't let me...
  9. Creating System File Recovery File

Creating System File Recovery File: I bought a new Sureface Pro 6 and ive been trying to create a Recovery Drive on USB Drive which looks OK. when I started the recovery after choosing the USB Drive, It shows an instructions said to format the flash drive to NTFS. after formating the USB Drive to NTFS and re...
  10. Backup, Create a Restore Point or Create a Recovery Drive?

Backup, Create a Restore Point or Create a Recovery Drive?: In case I get a virus, I want to create a backup which can make the computer exactly as it was before the virus with all files, programs, and disk drives (C and D) exactly as they were. Something like Apple's Time Machine. Windows has three different options and I don't which...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uncheck the backup system files optio