Windows 10: Create recovery drive with "backup of system files" option.

Discus and support Create recovery drive with "backup of system files" option. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello friends! I have a little doubt regarding the creation of a recovery disc.When starting the creation of a recovery unit, if I select the option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Molokon, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Molokon Win User

Create recovery drive with "backup of system files" option.

Hello friends!

I have a little doubt regarding the creation of a recovery disc.When starting the creation of a recovery unit, if I select the option "Back up system files to the recovery drive", according to the media creation program, I can perform a Windows installation with that disk.Does that mean that on that disk will be stored both the recovery drive and the files needed to perform a clean installation of Windows?

Many thanks!

:)

Molokon, Apr 23, 2017

2. Windows 10 on Surface Pro 3 - Creating Recovery Drive

I have a Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10. I'm trying to create a Recovery Drive. If the option "Backup System Files" is checked (it needs to be), I immediately get the error message "a problem occurred while creating the recovery drive" even before I get
    the chance to select my USB disk. If I deselect the "Backup System Files" option, it performs as expected. Deselecting is not an option. Is this a known bug in Windows 10? And please don't post about Anti Viruses and 3rd Party Applications - this is a
    factory new Surface Pro 3 with no third party software installed. Thank-you.

Garry G. Green (The Real One), Apr 23, 2017
  3. SueG-MD Win User
    can't create recovery drive for win10 build 10240

After 3 attempts to create a recovery drive, unchecking that box allowed me to create the recovery drive. Thanks.

SueG-MD, Apr 23, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

You have to backup system files or else you will not be able to use recovery drive in event hard drive fails.

You would have to create a usb installation drive (on another pc) if you do not select that option now.

cereberus, Apr 23, 2017
Thema:

1. Create recovery drive with "backup of system files" option. - Similar Threads - Create recovery drive

2. Backup, Create a Restore Point or Create a Recovery Drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup, Create a Restore Point or Create a Recovery Drive?: In case I get a virus, I want to create a backup which can make the computer exactly as it was before the virus with all files, programs, and disk drives (C and D) exactly as they were. Something like Apple's Time Machine. Windows has three different options and I don't which...
  3. Create Recovery Drive

Create Recovery Drive: I'm trying to create a recovery drive. I followed all the instructions, but the process doesn't recognize the USB drive I inserted (three different ones). I put the USB in an empty port on the front of my PC. Does it need to go in a special port? Any ideas? Thanks....
  4. create recovery drive

create recovery drive: how to create a recovery drive for re-installing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-recovery-drive/9d3a86bc-671e-443b-971a-06f457768705
  5. will not create a recovery drive

will not create a recovery drive: i run recovery drive, it says will create on usb D: then says cannot create https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-not-create-a-recovery-drive/447d2cce-51c2-47a7-8d7a-a644fbdf73b8
  6. Can't create a recovery drive - files missing

Can't create a recovery drive - files missing: Following security update 1/9/2019, I can not create a recovery drive. The message says files are missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-a-recovery-drive-files-missing/63e548f5-5870-4f0c-a0ea-5d7fd7450f56
  7. Create recovery drive

Create recovery drive: I am in the process of setting up my desktop following the directions at “How to set up Dell computer” (https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln127699/how-to-set-up-your-new-dell-computer?lang=en) Once the desktop loaded, I attempted to Create Recovery Media using...
  8. What does unchecking "Backup system files to the recovery drive" do?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What does unchecking "Backup system files to the recovery drive" do?: I'm trying to create a recovery for my Windows 10, and during the process I get an error saying that: "We can't create the recovery drive: A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive." With some searching, I found that a common way to fix the error is to un-tick the...
  9. Is it possible to create a bootable backup of the entire system drive?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is it possible to create a bootable backup of the entire system drive?: Just wondering for transferring to other drives. Also because I'm kinda curious about making my own Windows distro of sorts. I have my own way of setting up Windows to be secure and private with nice open-source programs which many people really like, but I'm really tired...
  10. Missing files when creating Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing files when creating Recovery Drive: I'd like to make a recovery drive for my Win 10 PC. But when I click "Create Recovery Drive I get an error message that reads "files are missing." This is an "upgrade" Win 10 system from Win 7 Ult 64bit, not quite 1 month old so I don't see how anything should be missing....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uncheck the backup system files optio