Windows 10: Create Rescue Disk fails during disk creation

Discus and support Create Rescue Disk fails during disk creation in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Have a new Double Power 8.1 Tablet that I've upgraded to Win 10. Now I've got it set up just right, I'm attempting to create a Rescue Disk. Purchased a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by HairyPoster, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Create Rescue Disk fails during disk creation

Have a new Double Power 8.1 Tablet that I've upgraded to Win 10. Now I've got it set up just right, I'm attempting to create a Rescue Disk. Purchased a 16gb micro-usb drive which is successfully recognized. Ran 'Create Rescue Disk' from Windows search and checked 'copy system files' b4 proceeding. Process fails after about 200mb copied to disk.

USB drive was formatted MSDOS32, reformatted as NTFS and retried. Got same "Create Rescue Disk has encountered an error and cannot continue" error.

Windows 10 has been made so 'user-friendly' that it gives you no useful information when it has an error. How can you know what size hammer to use as a workaround? If the process would tell you what it doesn't like, you could figure out what to do to make it happy.

Anybody experienced with 'Create Rescue Disk' on Win10?

:)

HairyPoster, Aug 29, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

create a rescue disk

Sounds like a good idea.

BulldogXX, Aug 29, 2015
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    create a rescue disk

Hi Charlie,

We noticed that the post has been idle for a while now. Do you still need assistance with the issue you're experiencing? If you still do, please provide us the information being asked by
    Kristine Arp so we can help you better.

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlo Fer, Aug 29, 2015
  4. Antilope Win User

Create Rescue Disk fails during disk creation

Antilope, Aug 29, 2015
Thema:

Create Rescue Disk fails during disk creation

1. Create Rescue Disk fails during disk creation - Similar Threads - Create Rescue Disk

2. Failed to create the virtual hard disk on the disk from a different PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to create the virtual hard disk on the disk from a different PC.: Hi everyone who create this post, I have problem about when I try to create the virtual hard disk by VMWare. I have failed about create the virtual hard disk for the other PC. My PC and Laptop is related together, so 2 devices can trade the data together by using "map network...
  3. Creating Windows 10 rescue disk problem!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating Windows 10 rescue disk problem!!!: It keeps saying A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive What i tried: 1. i manually formatted my flash drive 2. i used sfc /scannow my flash drive is an sandisk 16gb...
  4. Macrium Reflect Installation/Usage Guide + Rescue Disk Creation

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect Installation/Usage Guide + Rescue Disk Creation: Macrium Reflect Usage Guide: https://youtu.be/AjPbuc2akp0 Here is how to create a bootable Flash Drive and partition it to have a single USB Stick containing both the Macrium Reflect Rescue Disk and a Backup Image partition in that rescue disk itself. So if you have a...
  5. Restore Disk Created with Media Creation Tool Not Working

Restore Disk Created with Media Creation Tool Not Working: ASUS Desktop Running Windows 10 Windows stopped loading. Created recovery dvd using this procedure: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415 Changed UEFI settings to make DVD drive first boot option. Booted with DVD. After a longtime of "fixing" drives, Windows...
  6. It's necessary create a usb rescue disk?

in Windows 10 Support
    It's necessary create a usb rescue disk?: Hello, I want to know if it is necessary to create a rescue usb disk, in case windows 10 does not boot, if you already have the original windows 10 installation USB, downloaded through the media creator. Sorry for my English and thanks. 140034
  7. Rescue Disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Rescue Disk: Hello, Does this place have any windows 10 rescue disk or on a usb stick? I want to have a windows 10 plus rescue disk hopefully something free Thanks, P999
  8. cant get rescue disk to work

in Windows 10 Support
    cant get rescue disk to work: Acer Aspire AXC-704G My neighbour was a victim of ransom-ware. I reformated his hard drive so I could reload Windows 10. When I try to boot either to a Windows rescue disk (that I used successfully before) all that comes up it Acer stuff that will not net me run the media...
  9. Win 10 Rescue disk

Win 10 Rescue disk: I have a new laptop with win 7 pro installed. Once Win 10 is installed in July how will I be able to create a system restore disk? 7496
  10. Help with rescue disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with rescue disk: i have had to restore Win 10 7 times since first install. just updated audio drivers, and lost internet connection, which is what always happens---seems to happen at almost any time it feels like it. Also lost Word and the templates it came with after first restore, When...